Summer Rumour Mill

sage

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Unfortunately I'm known for being sceptical (or a right miserable git if we are being honest).

But, with so many players on frees and players agents vying for better deals, if Derby were close to signings I would have thought things would be out by now.

Am I right in thinking the names of Barkhuizen, Hourianne and Chester were out on the public domain long before they signed? Although I appreciate that was a different manager who may operate differently to Warne.

My concern, and it may not be helped, is we could be having to wait to sell Bielik, Knight etc before we can trade. If that's the case we probably miss our top targets.

This season is there for the taking and we need to hit the ground running.

The sales of a Bielik or Knight may well facilitate some transfer dealings, but the club said there was room within the budget and business plan in January, the EFL have allegedly agreed some amendments to that plan, and we have released players since the season ends so I don’t think ALL our transfer business will be waiting on player sales. 
Warne has said in interviews since joining the club he likes to keep transfer business quiet. He has spoken in interviews since the last season ended and prior to that point that conversations were taking place with regards to recruitment.
Just because nothing is out there in the public domain does not mean the club aren’t working on signing players.

We all love hearing a rumour and speculating as to who we’re going to sign, but there’s no control for any of us fans over what actually happens in that regard. There’s no sense getting wound up by it now.

The players aren’t due back for pre-season training for a couple more weeks, the season doesn’t start for a few weeks after that, so long as we have recruited players by that point we’ll be fine for your expectations of “hitting the ground running”.

There are lots of players out there on free transfers, there are lots of players out there under contracts who we may be interested in, there are lots of youngsters out there who may be available for loans, and we have a stronger foundation to build upon currently. Patience is key for us fans and trust that the club are making the appropriate moves.
I have a question for you and other concerned souls out there, do you really believe Paul Warne, the recruitment fella, Stephen Pearce and David Clowes are currently sat around idle not doing anything towards next season’s squad? Consider their responsibilities, job roles and everything they have said about needing to strengthen. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

On 11/06/2023 at 12:02, Oldben said:

James Collins scoring tally, at nearly 33 he will get slower ...

22/23 - 11 league goals for Derby.

21/22 - 3 championship goals.

20/21 - 10 championship goals.

19/20 - 14 championship goals

18/19 - 25 league one goals.

17/18 - 19 league two goals.

16/17 - 20 league Two goals

Also note that higher goal tallies were several years ago and in League 1 and 2, where technically it should be easier to score and yet last season in the league he scored 11 goals. That's not value for money when it comes to considering season ticket renewal.

I don't think that is physically possible. He is a proper slug.

I don't actually know what he offers other than "he might score". He's got no pace, he doesn't hold the ball up, he's not technically gifted, his range of passing is none existent.. he's not particularly the strong target man you would kind of expect..but somehow he scores... it's actually baffling how he has the record he has 🤣

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The sales of a Bielik or Knight may well facilitate some transfer dealings, but the club said there was room within the budget and business plan in January, the EFL have allegedly agreed some amendments to that plan, and we have released players since the season ends so I don’t think ALL our transfer business will be waiting on player sales. 
Warne has said in interviews since joining the club he likes to keep transfer business quiet. He has spoken in interviews since the last season ended and prior to that point that conversations were taking place with regards to recruitment.
Just because nothing is out there in the public domain does not mean the club aren’t working on signing players.

We all love hearing a rumour and speculating as to who we’re going to sign, but there’s no control for any of us fans over what actually happens in that regard. There’s no sense getting wound up by it now.

The players aren’t due back for pre-season training for a couple more weeks, the season doesn’t start for a few weeks after that, so long as we have recruited players by that point we’ll be fine for your expectations of “hitting the ground running”.

There are lots of players out there on free transfers, there are lots of players out there under contracts who we may be interested in, there are lots of youngsters out there who may be available for loans, and we have a stronger foundation to build upon currently. Patience is key for us fans and trust that the club are making the appropriate moves.
I have a question for you and other concerned souls out there, do you really believe Paul Warne, the recruitment fella, Stephen Pearce and David Clowes are currently sat around idle not doing anything towards next season’s squad? Consider their responsibilities, job roles and everything they have said about needing to strengthen. 

The rumour is - that we are trying desperately to offload Beilik for his last season with us . Wether it be home or abroad getting as much as we can towards his £25 k a week is crucial. No need to panic , he will go . However the longer it goes on - the less time Paul W will have to make adjustments to the squad.

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

i have a question for you and other concerned souls out there, do you really believe Paul Warne, the recruitment fella, Stephen Pearce and David Clowes are currently sat around idle not doing anything towards next season’s squad? Consider their responsibilities, job roles and everything they have said about needing to strengthen. 

The way some are posting on here and Twitter you’d think PW was actively talking the club and the plan down to anyone who’d listen!

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not me 🤔 Have never booed a 🐏, and never will…..

For a bloke who thinks were all w******, openly states he hates us, took the piss out of the Brian Clough Trophy, was delighted we were relegated and starts fights with pensioners wearing Derby shirts.  Rather wipe my arse with a brillo than watch him here. Each to their own though. 

Just now, DiggerB said:

The way some are posting on here and Twitter you’d think PW was actively talking the club and the plan down to anyone who’d listen!

Yep. I get having very very slight concerns at the lack of news, because it’s nice to know we’re strengthening and we have lost some players from the squad. But to me the logical conclusion I come to, based on their job roles, their responsibilities to the club and it’s fans, and what they have said via various sources, is that the club will be taking steps to improve the squad and we will hear about it in due course.
I can’t wait for the Twitter admin to let loose, it won’t be quite as exciting as the flurry from last summer, but I’m confident there’ll be some signings over the next few weeks. 

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The rumour is - that we are trying desperately to offload Beilik for his last season with us . Wether it be home or abroad getting as much as we can towards his £25 k a week is crucial. No need to panic , he will go . However the longer it goes on - the less time Paul W will have to make adjustments to the squad.

Perhaps he could waive the last year of his contract as he loves it everywhere else but here.  Then he can go where he likes.  Won't hold my breath mind.

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

For a bloke who thinks were all w******, openly states he hates us, took the piss out of the Brian Clough Trophy, was delighted we were relegated and starts fights with pensioners wearing Derby shirts.  Rather wipe my arse with a brillo than watch him here. Each to their own though. 

I think I might have taken exception to the awful, vitriolic abuse the so called 🐏 fans gave him…each to his own though…

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think I might have taken exception to the awful, vitriolic abuse the so called 🐏 fans gave him…each to his own though…

Why does he get that.  If your referring to this season gone he actually got a lot worse off Hull fans the week before.  Anyone would think all fans outside the Red and White bit of Sheffield realise he's an absolute tool.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I certainly wouldn’t - I can’t blame a man for being annoyed at being wrongly accused of being a sex offender. 

His hate for Derby precedes that by many a year based on something said by one fan after many thousands had donated to his charity.  Alright to be head butted and put in hospital by a Forest fan though it was a one off. He's that uptight with us he must crap gemstones before he plays.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Why does he get that.  If your referring to this season gone he actually got a lot worse off Hull fans the week before.  Anyone would think all fans outside the Red and White bit of Sheffield realise he's an absolute tool.

Oh I see 🤣

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

His hate for Derby precedes that by many a year based on something said by one fan after many thousands had donated to his charity.  Alright to be head butted and put in hospital by a Forest fan though it was a one off. He's that uptight with us he must crap gemstones before he plays.

How would you react to being accused of that GS 🤔 Just smile and turn the other cheek?

40 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Considering your last question.

No, I don't think they are sat around doing nothing. But passed transfer windows tend to see us chase the wrong targets and people out of reach, hence my Billy Sharp shot in the dark.

Last year, however, was an anomaly and the business we managed to do was fantastic all things considered.  So if we have a similar one this time around we won't be far off.

But after January was built up as being like Christmas shopping and how Warne couldn't wait to get going, it ended up being a right disappointment...so i wait with baited breath.