Summer Rumour Mill

sage

11 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

Can someone please explain what’s happening? I saw this morning Fornah is joining… but now he’s not? 

Nobody has said he isn't. Nobody has said he has either in an official capacity.

Latest rumour is the deal is done it's just not been announced.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

40 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Fornah agreed to join last week, hold up is/was with Forest, the deal was originally a loan but now going to be a permanent, hold up seems to have been the promotion bonus

Why would they want a promotion bonus clause? All we hear from them is that we are 3rd division Derby stuck here forever so a promotion clause should be of no consequence…unless of course they don’t believe their own rhetoric. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Why would they want a promotion bonus clause? All we hear from them is that we are 3rd division Derby stuck here forever so a promotion clause should be of no consequence…unless of course they don’t believe their own rhetoric. 

Why not pay it, isn't that sort of what we agreed with Washington?

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If it's a striker on loan. My guess would be Josh Coburn from Boro.

Carrick has said he can leave on loan once they have signed someone.

They signed a striker last week and Coburn was an unused substitute.

I also think it will be Coburn. He’d also be going out on his second loan which Warne has said he prefers multiple times.

4 minutes ago, valakari said:

Marvin Johnson is left sided forward..and has agreed...and Georgie Kelly from Rotherham!! Surprise surprise

He'll be 33 in December, and had played the vast majority of his career at left midfield, left wing and left back.

Saying that, he's played the vast majority of the last two seasons for Wednesday with the majority of appearances being the full 90 minutes. He's a natural left footed player, so could takeover the left wing back slot to allow Forsyth to move into the centre back role again. On a deal similar to Waghorn's, this wouldn't be bad, assuming excess funds are then spent elsewhere. 

Screenshot_20230823_184452_com.android.chrome_edit_47171880133426.jpg

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Really? I rather doubt many on here have ever seen him play? What’s your experience of Fornah based on?

Saw a fair bit of him for Reading last year, and at Plymouth a couple of years back. He's not a game changer, but he's relatively quick and covers well, giving the defence a bit of a breather.

Ideal world, it'd be Fornah and Bird playing deeper and Hourihane getting up to support the strikers. His defensive reading and positioning will allow Bird to be a bit more forward thinking. Likelihood is that he'll be Birds replacement though.

1 minute ago, NorwichExile said:

Saw a fair bit of him for Reading last year, and at Plymouth a couple of years back. He's not a game changer, but he's relatively quick and covers well, giving the defence a bit of a breather.

Ideal world, it'd be Fornah and Bird playing deeper and Hourihane getting up to support the strikers. His defensive reading and positioning will allow Bird to be a bit more forward thinking. Likelihood is that he'll be Birds replacement though.

Surely he is Smith's replacement