Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Snippets from angieram's link above:

"There has been a bid come in for him and I have spoken to the player and the agent. We have politely rejected it and that happens all the time...

"He isn't knocking my door down either. The offer is nowhere near what we would consider a selling point and as it stands, that's the end of it for me.

"I do expect them to come back with another offer. I just think the distances between what our value is on the player - who is an important part of our team - and what Hull values him as are just nowhere near...

Warne said he has spoken to Bird about the situation and stressed he is not banging on his door to leave. There has also been talk of offering the midfielder a new deal particularly with his current contract expiring next summer. But he feels that Bird's party might not be keen on signing one unless they were back in the Championship.

"We still could have said no, but for a deal to happen everyone has to be happy. With Max I said the same thing in that if a bid comes in then I will tell you straight away.

"But I want him to play free. If he runs out his contract and I've got all that year to try to convince him. At the same time, he's playing, as all players do, for their future. And I think I will have a really motivated and great player. It's not a lose-lose. If I can't convince him to stay, I will try to get as much out of him as I can. That's how it is."

Edited by RoyMac5

I agree with Paul Warne - that we need 2 more strikers . It’s a long season , and we could now be playing 46 games x 100 minutes. It seems like the Knight money went to running the club and it could be that any transfer fee for Bird could go the same way .( As the fees are paid over a number of years).

We seem to have more coaches than players despite the academy delivering very little. And we had the cash to take the players to Alicante. All very frustrating but let’s see where we are by end September. Things may look better by then. If Warne is keeping his cards close to his chest, I agree with that approach.

6 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

We seem to have more coaches than players despite the academy delivering very little. And we had the cash to take the players to Alicante. All very frustrating but let’s see where we are by end September. Things may look better by then. If Warne is keeping his cards close to his chest, I agree with that approach.

The money for Knight & Bielik has gone into the day to day running of the club, not into a big pot of transfer money.

The budget for transfers will be seperate to the overall club budget.

31 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The money for Knight & Bielik has gone into the day to day running of the club, not into a big pot of transfer money.

The budget for transfers will be seperate to the overall club budget.

Plus as Warne said it doesn't all just plop into the money pot in one big splash! Well he didn't actually say it like that but he might have! 😄

On 01/08/2023 at 19:10, Matchday Fred said:

The academy actually helped keep the club afloat during administration. It got stripped bare and will take time to build back up. I wouldn't expect much for a while. It's a lengthy process.

On 02/08/2023 at 09:06, MadAmster said:

Rattea? It's a small band of max 20 posters but we all "know" one another and in some of cases folk actually do know each other, just as I have met a few off here face to face.

That was a good forum back in the day, well ran and some good posters on there, Rattea included.

I only found this forum because I constantly googled George Thorne hoping to see he had signed.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That was a good forum back in the day, well ran and some good posters on there, Rattea included.

I only found this forum because I constantly googled George Thorne hoping to see he had signed.

I think I first came across the forum when that occurred to be fair, took me a while to sign up mind 

6 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Colour me shocked if we're still in for Rhodes. Did not think Warne would still want him if he messed us about and was 'a liar'.

Total guess, but with him saying he wants 2 strikers and 1 may be a loan, I do wonder if Godden could be the loan.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

9 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Colour me shocked if we're still in for Rhodes. Did not think Warne would still want him if he messed us about and was 'a liar'.

Must be limited still so he’s happy to go back in for him 

18 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Might not be Rhodes that messed us about? Perhaps it was Huddersfield that put the brakes on any deal and Rhodes is as miffed as we are. No idea either way.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta
Typo