Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Same link as above:

"Derby are hoping to add to the squad before the window closes with the Rams aiming to sign a midfielder and a deal is close to being agreed.

Warne also said he was keen on adding to his attacking options and is looking to add three to four players before the close of play on September 1."

6 hours ago, tinman said:

Mark Thomas is a stats guy. Let’s just say Warne isn’t. 

Warne is a ‘good character’ guy but without actually knowing the players - Waghorn for example he thought was big time until he met him… how many decent players we missed out on because Warne had reservations about being good guys? 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Warne is a ‘good character’ guy but without actually knowing the players - Waghorn for example he thought was big time until he met him… how many decent players we missed out on because Warne had reservations about being good guys? 

Not one for giving someone the benefit of the doubt and maybe helping them reform? Would he have signed NML, with his history?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not one for giving someone the benefit of the doubt and maybe helping them reform? Would he have signed NML, with his history?

Obviously we all want good characters but I can handle someone being a right w4nker if they’re going to score 25 goals or win games by themselves (ie taarabt for QPR)

3 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Midfielder in either tomorrow or Monday. Loan from a Premier League club. With the Fornah rumours pretty safe to say it could be him. Potentially another 2 in before Saturday

Another 2 as well as Fornah or including?

Out / In / Improvement? 

Chester / Nelson / yeah

Davies / Bradley / undecided

X / Ward and Wilson / yeah

Roberts / Elder / undecided 

X / vickers / yeah 

Osula spriggett, Dobbin / Wag, wash / leaning towards yeah 

Knight / X / massive NO 

McGoldrick / X / massive NO 

If the Knight and McGoldrick replacements are decent and have pace* then the squad is stronger than last year… if they haven’t then it’ll be a long old trek. 

*can’t just be pace merchants like Abdoul Camara. 

Edited by IlsonDerby

29 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Fornah included, but lots of movement coming in the next week 

No midweek league game until October. That is absolutely vital for us at the moment. 

Ample time for recovery and wheeling & dealing. 

I think Warne was spot on with saying it’s not a top 3 squad. Going to be a very interesting couple of weeks in terms of incomings. Fornah with plenty of league 1 experience and at a decent age. I’d expect Warne to bring 4/5 players in with Yiadom who I assume is only in the squad because of how small Readings squad is. George Cox is still a free agent who could is 25 and plays LWB/LB. I feel like the attackers who I hope we do eventually get will be on deadline day. Warne has already mentioned how Deadline day is pure madness. 

Incomings:

Right back 

Centre midfielder

Attacking player/Winger 

Striker 

Maybe a left back