Summer Rumour Mill

sage

49 minutes ago, beardyjim said:

I'm assuming you didn't see or hear the audio or videos? 

He's a disgrace and should be seen as that. 

I agree we all make mistakes when young, but the audio I heard isn't a mistake, it's a self entitled shitebag who isn't getting his own way so forces his partner to do what he wants. 

...or it's roleplay. Some couples are into that, even if it gets a bit extreme.

Not wishing to defend the bloke at all, instinctively wouldn't want him anywhere near Derby and it's highly, highly doubtful that's the case but could you say with 100% certainty it wasn't?

The thought that someone might think this is a post victim blaming or calling someone who's been assaulted or similar makes me feel icky.

Edited by Kokosnuss

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Been told to expect minimum 4 in. Mix of loan and permanent. Bird won’t leave, especially now he’s injured but Cashin, if the right bid with good cash up front comes in he will be gone. Any money that comes in from transfers can and will be reinvested back into players 

What's being bid for Cashin then, any idea?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

That would be why she took and posted the videos then, some kind of kinkyness?

Highly unlikely as I said. I'd say that my position is one of thinking that it's beyond reasonable doubt that he did do what he was accused of... but, there's always a but. The whole thing is just so horrible to contemplate and awkward to discuss 

4 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

...or it's roleplay. Some couples are into that, even if it gets a bit extreme.

Not wishing to defend the bloke at all, instinctively wouldn't want him anywhere near Derby and it's highly, highly doubtful that's the case but could you say with 100% certainty it wasn't?

There was no roleplay involved. Everyone has their kinks but it rarely involves having blood streaming from your face and accusing him of doing it regularly. (Granted she decided not to carry on for whatever reason). The guys is a spineless weasel. 

Rumour has it that after the claims were made not one Man Utd player was surprised, very much disliked by the squad. 

1 minute ago, beardyjim said:

There was no roleplay involved. Everyone has their kinks but it rarely involves having blood streaming from your face and accusing him of doing it regularly. (Granted she decided not to carry on for whatever reason). The guys is a spineless weasel. 

You are almost certainly right, like to the 99.999% level of likelihood, and @Kokosnuss has said as much too, but he is also right that it's impossible to know for sure.

6 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Highly unlikely as I said. I'd say that my position is one of thinking that it's beyond reasonable doubt that he did do what he was accused of... but, there's always a but. The whole thing is just so horrible to contemplate and awkward to discuss 

The thing with putting forward ideas that are 'highly unlikely' is that there are always enough 'anti' something out there that will latch on to them. I edited my post because I didn't want to discuss it further and appear to give credence to your idea. 

See: "You are almost certainly right, like to the 99.999% level of likelihood, and @Kokosnuss has said as much too, but he is also right that it's impossible to know for sure."

Along the lines of it's impossible to be 100% sure the sun will come up tomorrow - a philosophical standpoint. But not a reasonable viewpoint.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Been told to expect minimum 4 in. Mix of loan and permanent. Bird won’t leave, especially now he’s injured but Cashin, if the right bid with good cash up front comes in he will be gone. Any money that comes in from transfers can and will be reinvested back into players 

How has this changed so quickly? What's happened?

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think we had a budget for 2 more with a contingency budget for 2 additional ones. 

Which is why there was talk of we need 4 but can only have 2.

Now we have injuries, Warne has been allowed to access the contingency budget. 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I think we had a budget for 2 more with a contingency budget for 2 additional ones. 

First I've seen a contingency budget mentioned but there you go.

You sure the contingency was injury rather than stinking the place out with our terrible play? 🤔

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

One perspective is to say it hasn’t, there’s been ongoing talk of strengthening the squad and we’re possibly just reaching a stage of several breakthroughs.

Another perspective could be the performances, and fan reaction to those performances, has accelerated the situation and Pearce, Thomas, Warne have been given a bit more license/freedom or intent as a result.

Or perhaps the injuries have changed things.

Or it’s a combination of all of the above or none of them? I just hope we get the additions needed to help improve the squad, whatever the catalyst is. 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

True

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

If we got decent money a years loan and could spend it on 3/4 players I’d do it

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

One perspective is to say it hasn’t, there’s been ongoing talk of strengthening the squad and we’re possibly just reaching a stage of several breakthroughs.

Another perspective could be the performances, and fan reaction to those performances, has accelerated the situation and Pearce, Thomas, Warne have been given a bit more license/freedom or intent as a result.

Or perhaps the injuries have changed things.

Or it’s a combination of all of the above or none of them? I just hope we get the additions needed to help improve the squad, whatever the catalyst is. 

I'm good with that, thanks.

As much knowledge as me, and as much ability to write well to hide the true level of said knowledge 👍