Summer Rumour Mill

sage

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Agree with all of that, though the rehabilitation of offenders act doesn't apply in this case as there has been no conviction. 

I don't envy the club  as whatever outcome they decide it will be roundly criticised by the opposing faction regardless of whether the outcome is legal or not. 

Isn't there a strong likelihood of an agreed and undisclosed settlement - partly to try to minimise the mileage any third party can get out of vilifying either Greenwood or United (or both) and to make any precedent less rigid in practice for the "next" club?

10 minutes ago, jameso said:

Isn't there a strong likelihood of an agreed and undisclosed settlement - partly to try to minimise the mileage any third party can get out of vilifying either Greenwood or United (or both) and to make any precedent less rigid in practice for the "next" club?

Perhaps it would be more palatable if Man U paid off the 'victim' instead of Greenwood? 😄

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps it would be more palatable if Man U paid off the 'victim' instead of Greenwood? 😄

It's a bit of a hornets' nest that one - as others have said, you have the presumption of innocence but now an internal process essentially determining whether he is guilty and a statement that mentions also the club's responsibility to Greenwood and the fact he joined them at the age of 7 (duty of care? To whom?)

Ultimately you'd think the starting point would be paying off his contract including the optional extra year, but then would Greenwood have an angle on the stigma attached to him by being paid off... and would United stand their ground and counter that by saying he's pushing his luck because their internal inquiry suggests he's a very lucky boy (hypothetically I mean)?

Although we don't yet know its conclusions, the internal inquiry thing reminds me of the OJ Simpson case - acquitted by a criminal court; found guilty in a civil one.

In this day and age it wouldn't surprise me if a club paid off the 'victim' as you say, but unless it's something to do with a duty of care (and we are, after all, talking about an adult, not a junior) which again sets some sort of a precedent, I can't see how they could justify it.

6 hours ago, sage said:

Only team not to make a loan deal. Oldest squad. Damning. 

Or putting a positive spin, We have the oldest signings because we have no young loanees to bring down the average wage. On the subject of loanees, all the loanees that have been sent out up to now, have been released by their clubs because they have no chance of getting into their first teams this season. There will be a number of players who will be borderline first team squad players, but will just miss out because of new incoming players, these are the players we should be targeting to take on loan.

2 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Case being dropped means insufficient evidence to secure prosecution and he is  therefore innocent, so all those with angry emojis have already convicted him of the offence. 

I'm assuming you didn't see or hear the audio or videos? 

He's a disgrace and should be seen as that. 

I agree we all make mistakes when young, but the audio I heard isn't a mistake, it's a self entitled shitebag who isn't getting his own way so forces his partner to do what he wants. 

17 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

My mate who was bang on with Bradley, Washington & Waggy all being done has told me that we have got Fornah on a season loan from Forest.

Ward out for 3 weeks & Bird out for 2 months

I don't know a lot about him, but sounds the like type of signing we need. Young central midfielder who has been on loan before at Reading.

9 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I don't know a lot about him, but sounds the like type of signing we need. Young central midfielder who has been on loan before at Reading.

Are we looking at signing players very recently relegated or is it that is what is available 

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Or putting a positive spin, We have the oldest signings because we have no young loanees to bring down the average wage. On the subject of loanees, all the loanees that have been sent out up to now, have been released by their clubs because they have no chance of getting into their first teams this season. There will be a number of players who will be borderline first team squad players, but will just miss out because of new incoming players, these are the players we should be targeting to take on loan.

We are in League One. There are plenty of players who are nowhere near first team squads who would improve us.