Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

He really isn’t a dm. Plays as the attacking mid, maybe a ten. Like a poor man’s coutinho.

Admittedly I don't watch Coventry a lot, but that's not where he played at all in the play offs, nor when they were on TV at the weekend. Tallies with everything you see online. Definitely isn't a 10.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Admittedly I don't watch Coventry a lot, but that's not where he played at all in the play offs, nor when they were on TV at the weekend. Tallies with everything you see online. Definitely isn't a 10.

Maybe an 8 be more accurate for what I meant, formations etc very confusing nowadays. But is not a dm

A quick glance at the transfer forum is really quite worrying. It's been weeks since we've been linked with any new names; most of the old names are either variations on what we already have (old slow strikers), or deals that aren't happening, or both.

Beginning to feel like any remaining signings are most likely to be loans, and our record there is patchy at best. 

Energetic powerful midfielder, and fast creative forward player remain priorities for me, along with first choice striker. I've assumed all summer this was known and would happen. Not at all sure now. 

40 minutes ago, vonwright said:

A quick glance at the transfer forum is really quite worrying. It's been weeks since we've been linked with any new names; most of the old names are either variations on what we already have (old slow strikers), or deals that aren't happening, or both.

Beginning to feel like any remaining signings are most likely to be loans, and our record there is patchy at best. 

Energetic powerful midfielder, and fast creative forward player remain priorities for me, along with first choice striker. I've assumed all summer this was known and would happen. Not at all sure now. 

I said at the beginning of the window, we will be linked with Sharp all window, he will turn us down last minute and we will end up signing a young crap striker from Tottenham.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I said at the beginning of the window, we will be linked with Sharp all window, he will turn us down last minute and we will end up signing a young crap striker from Tottenham.

And will that be Warne’s fault if that happens? Or will it bring into focus the restrictions he’s obviously working under?