Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Someone I’m sat with speaks  to Warne regularly at matches asked him about strikers mentioning Ladapo apparently Warne said he’s on 16,000 a week at Ipswich 

Playing well in pre season as well so I think he’s off the list 

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

We aren’t going to miss promotion in the first month.

It may well be that we have to start with pretty much what we have at present and that the signings may come later in August.

I’d rather we waited for the right one and didn’t just grab what’s available in the cheap rack.

Must admit I don’t like us being labeled one of the favorites - if not THE favorite - for promotion this season - brings too many expectations and too much pressure. Even more so when we clearly need another 2-3 quality players including one or two good strikers..

Soo happy we scored. The game I'm watching on the firestick is with the Sheffield United commentry and its unbearable. So happy to shut them up for a minute. Great ball and good finish too btw! 🐏

Warne post match interview with bbc radio derby -

says nothing definitive on Waghorn they’ll have another conversation on Monday about where they are.

Talked about how he was frustrated last week because if you look around “no one new is here” but said maybe this week that can turn around.

Also discussed his desire to add more pace to the team - I’m assuming to the forward line. 

Edited by Eoghan1884

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

says nothing definitive on Waghorn they’ll have another conversation on Monday about where they are.

Talked about how he was frustrated last week because if you look around “no one new is here” but said maybe this week that can turn around.

Also discussed his desire to add more pace to the team - I’m assuming to the forward line. 

Fingers crossed Waggy gets a deal. 

I think we obviously need another left wing back and for me pace and bite in the middle of the park.

7 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Would say midfield as well is very one paced.

3 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

You might not like the player but here's no reason to embarrass yourself with utter s*** like that.

He turned up at least twice!

(but no really it's absolute b*******)

Embarrass myself? The lad genuinely has done absolutely nothing since he left, it’s a fact. Oh sorry my bad, I forgot about a free kick against Forest. I’ll set a challenge for you then…name one thing he’s done since leaving us then? I don’t believe in bringing players in looking for their last pay check, Nugent couldn’t care less in the last year of his contract as did Darren Bent. 

2 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Someone I’m sat with speaks  to Warne regularly at matches asked him about strikers mentioning Ladapo apparently Warne said he’s on 16,000 a week at Ipswich 

Whilst I’m not keen on info from randoms, I wouldn’t be surprised if this  wasn’t too far from the real figure, maybe 2k either side.

Add his wages to a transfer fee over 500k and you can see why this type of player is an absolute non starter for us.

A lot of people need to wake up to our current situation and adjust their expectations accordingly.

1 hour ago, JohnoDCFC said:

Embarrass myself? The lad genuinely has done absolutely nothing since he left, it’s a fact. Oh sorry my bad, I forgot about a free kick against Forest. I’ll set a challenge for you then…name one thing he’s done since leaving us then? I don’t believe in bringing players in looking for their last pay check, Nugent couldn’t care less in the last year of his contract as did Darren Bent. 

You've changed your argument to what he's done in the 2 years since leaving us, as opposed to what he did when he was here. 

I quote "Turned up once in the 3 years he was here". I don't know if you were going for hyperbole but there's a difference between that and hyperbollocks, which is what you've spouted. 

His first 2 seasons were decent, 20+ goals from a winger/striker (who didn't have all the attacking play built around him) shows that he did actually "turn up" for more than 1 game against Sheff Weds and one free kick against Forest. So again, yes, you're embarrassing yourself, both in what you've said and in your attempt to change the argument away from what you said because you know it was wrong. Easier just to accept that you were wrong really.

I've shared my own concerns about him re-signing and his output in the past 2-3 seasons (although I was pleased with him today) but it doesn't mean I need to idiotically dismiss his entire time here previously.

Edited by Kokosnuss

5 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

You've changed your argument to what he's done in the 2 years since leaving us, as opposed to what he did when he was here. 

I quote "Turned up once in the 3 years he was here". I don't know if you were going for hyperbole but there's a difference between that and hyperbollocks, which is what you've spouted. 

His first 2 seasons were decent, 20+ goals from a winger/striker (who didn't have all the attacking play built around him) shows that he did actually "turn up" for more than 1 game against Sheff Weds and one free kick against Forest. So again, yes, you're embarrassing yourself, both in what you've said and in your attempt to change the argument away from what you said because you know it was wrong. Easier just to accept that you were wrong really.

I've shared my own concerns about him re-signing and his output in the past 2-3 seasons (although I was pleased with him today) but it doesn't mean I need to idiotically dismiss his entire time here previously.

You’ve answered that part and my other question is what has he actually done in the past 2 years? You’ve made your arguments for what he did for us and I respect your opinion, you clearly don’t with mine. I’d rather us go in a different direction than bringing back a player who will probably score 3 goals for us in the Mickey Mouse cup and be released at the end of the season. If we can’t get in a player like Afobe or Assombalonga then a loan player like Stansfield is the way to go. 

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

In his post match interview with Rams TV he mentions about possibly wanting another centre mid as he looked at the bench & didnt see cover if Bird, Smith or Hourihane got injured

He wants 2/3 but can’t maybe afford 3 and now another midfielder? 

14 minutes ago, JohnoDCFC said:

You’ve answered that part and my other question is what has he actually done in the past 2 years? You’ve made your arguments for what he did for us and I respect your opinion, you clearly don’t with mine. I’d rather us go in a different direction than bringing back a player who will probably score 3 goals for us in the Mickey Mouse cup and be released at the end of the season. If we can’t get in a player like Afobe or Assombalonga then a loan player like Stansfield is the way to go. 

As I said, his record on the past 2 (3 in truth) seasons concerns me. He hasn't done very much if anything.

You can have an opinion that he didn't turn up more than twice while he was here previously but that opinion is a bit like saying that you think the moon is made out of cheese or the world is flat. It may be your opinion but it doesn't make it factually correct or one you should really share in public discourse if you want to be taken seriously. He patently did not just turn up once or twice in his time here.

Afobe looks, on paper, like he'd be a better option but I don't really know much about his overall game.

Suggesting that Assombalaonga would be a better option because Waghorn's done little in the past 2-3 seasons is weird in itself. He's done bugger all worth a damn for the same amount of time, has been criticised for a lazy attitude and allowing himself to balloon to the size of a house!

It's fine to admit that you're simply not a fan of Waghorn but there's no need to make things up.

Edited by Kokosnuss