Summer Rumour Mill

sage

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Really? Was just reading this article that says they’re interested but at around £500k with Exeter holding out for £1m.

However, I do agree they’re putting a good squad together. That’s what’s always annoyed me when people (not you) are talking down the other sides in this league, there will be other clubs pushing for promotion too, Charlton look to be one of them.

Exeter's Big Trav tweeted not too long ago: 

1 hour ago, Mihangel said:

I'm very very rarely one to defend the EFL but I'm not sure you can sanction a club based whether they may or may not meet a future payment. That said, and too your broader point, they should be all over them like a rash now they've missed yet another payment. It's entirely unfair when you compare what happened to us.

There are no rules at the EFL, they basically told us that, it’s a private member’s club and we can withdraw your membership if and when we like is what they told us.

Readings PAYE was due on the 22nd of July which was a Saturday so nothing would have happened until Monday.

The deal to sign Savage from Man Utd on a four year undisclosed contract was announced on the Saturday, the tax bill was subsequently not paid on the Monday but Savage was on the bench for their match on Tuesday.

On whose watch was this.

16 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

If funds are that tight then maybe it would’ve been better practice to have not signed either Vickers or Nelson and allocated their wages to a striker instead?

Then there would be those saying we had sprayed an excessive amount of money on just one player when this small squad needs numbers 🤣. Or and he’ll be on too much money which will unsettle the group. 

1 hour ago, BLB said:

Just seen that Jay Stanfield's move to Reading has been put on hold for obvious reasons. Could be one to nip in and try to steal from under there noses. 

9 Goals & 7 Assists last season in a average Exeter team. Would be worth a punt 

It would be a loan, so it's possible.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Waghorn has never played in League 1. We signed him on the back of 16 goals and 13 assists for Ipswich when they finished 12 in the Championship.

Thanks for correcting me, makes the point even more relevant then!

33 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Really? Was just reading this article that says they’re interested but at around £500k with Exeter holding out for £1m.

However, I do agree they’re putting a good squad together. That’s what’s always annoyed me when people (not you) are talking down the other sides in this league, there will be other clubs pushing for promotion too, Charlton look to be one of them.

we know what happens when you overspend, I trust in Warnes approach

2 hours ago, BLB said:

Just seen that Jay Stanfield's move to Reading has been put on hold for obvious reasons. Could be one to nip in and try to steal from under there noses. 

9 Goals & 7 Assists last season in a average Exeter team. Would be worth a punt 

Would be all over this.  This is the type of signing we should be looking at.

Granted I haven't seen much of him but the locals seem impressed and where I have seen him he looks a talent.

Exeter about to sign Kieran Phillips to replace Nombe, so must be a done deal, Charlton are going to be good this season but I don’t agree with people on Twitter saying they are going to walk the league. 

Edited by Eoghan1884

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

I get what you're saying, but we lost pretty much an entire championship squad (never mind the youth talent) thanks to the EFL and Morris. I'd have no shame picking up these players if the chance arose, and I'd lose no sleep over it.

Don't get me wrong neither do I with Reading or Wigan. I'm just saying have they broken a rule with what they have done. If yes then fine lets sign some. If no then the opposite.

Saying that Wigan are a different case, they have lost two due to contract breaches, they could lose more. I would definatly go for Keane and Wyke 

3 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Don't get me wrong neither do I with Reading or Wigan. I'm just saying have they broken a rule with what they have done. If yes then fine lets sign some. If no then the opposite.

Saying that Wigan are a different case, they have lost two due to contract breaches, they could lose more. I would definatly go for Keane and Wyke 

Keane went to Preston

3 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Surely we hear something today, Warne will be doing an interview ahead of Sheff U friendly 

Yes we will, no doubt Warne will say something like "we had a target in mind, a good one, looks like could be going elsewhere, a bit disappointin but such is life...I'm happy with the squad, ideally we would like 1 at a push 2 more in, but if that can't happen before kick off next week then so be it"

Word for word 😆

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes we will, no doubt Warne will say something like "we had a target in mind, a good one, looks like could be going elsewhere, a bit disappointin but such is life...I'm happy with the squad, ideally we would like 1 at a push 2 more in, but if that can't happen before kick off next week then so be it"

Word for word 😆

That is concerningly accurate. 

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Word for word 😆

All might be true.

What would you like him to say which is far more important?

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Word for word 😆

Pretty impressive prediction tbf 😂