Summer Rumour Mill

sage

25 minutes ago, Srg said:

4 of those strikers were in the division last year and didn’t sniff automatics. 

I just keep reminding myself that Didzy was absolutely not a goal scorer before he came here. In fact, he struggled to stay fit before he came here. Only need to find the right player for this team for it to work. 

Correct - but the rhetoric that they they must be this and that might be missing the obvious just like McGoldrick who Warne would not have signed - if they are a good footballer they are a good footballer and this is the third division so do not discount the likes and type of a Chris Martin who can feed in the likes of our other forward thinking players 

41 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Every manager is judged on their recruitment. 

Warne was brought in to replace an interim manager that recruited well in very difficult circumstances and had the team in 7th.  There was no uplift in the teams finishing position in the table and potentially the recruitment could also prove underwhelming (it's still way too early to judge).  In those circumstances it seems fair enough to ask questions of the manager.  

Think thats the point… now is too early 

6 games into the season is too early 

xmas is my benchmark as to how the recruitment has gone

teams need to gel… those with short memories or not old enough to remember jim smiths promotion season will remember we didnt get going til we finally beat southend at home on that cold wet tuesday night at the bbg

going to have to be patient people 

1 hour ago, Blondest Goat said:

Every manager is judged on their recruitment. 

Warne was brought in to replace an interim manager that recruited well in very difficult circumstances and had the team in 7th.  There was no uplift in the teams finishing position in the table and potentially the recruitment could also prove underwhelming (it's still way too early to judge).  In those circumstances it seems fair enough to ask questions of the manager.  

Well actually there was an uplift wasnt there…. Quite an epic one which at one point had us all dreaming of catching the running away with it top 2 

but then the toils of having the smallest squad in the league took its toll

funny what people chose to ignore and remember 

30 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Correct - but the rhetoric that they they must be this and that might be missing the obvious just like McGoldrick who Warne would not have signed - if they are a good footballer they are a good footballer and this is the third division so do not discount the likes and type of a Chris Martin who can feed in the likes of our other forward thinking players 

But if the rest of your team is built a certain way and other signings made to play in that way, what's the point in signing someone who won't work in that system?

32 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Well actually there was an uplift wasnt there…. Quite an epic one which at one point had us all dreaming of catching the running away with it top 2 

So the uplift is entirely because of warne, and the subsequent fading away is entirely roseniors fault?

wasn’t like warne had a window to increase the size of his squad was it.

28 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

So the uplift is entirely because of warne, and the subsequent fading away is entirely roseniors fault?

Severely restricted by the EFL embargoes though, wasn't it?  No fees, no agent payments, etc rather stimied his efforts, I suspect.🍻  

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

teams need to gel… those with short memories or not old enough to remember jim smiths promotion season will remember we didnt get going til we finally beat southend at home on that cold wet tuesday night at the bbg

Another version of that promotion season is that it was Igor's arrival that changed our fortunes, and he needed no time at all to get going!

I said there wasn't an uplift in the position.  7th to 7th.  Not choosing to ignore anything. 

You seem one of a few who are prepared to find an excuse for anything rather than attribute any criticism towards Warne.  Of course it's too early to judge his recruitment.  I fully expect it to be good.  Because I think it those kind of things - culture, recruitment, motivation, building a team - that are what has brought Warne success in the past.  I don't think it's his tactical genius based on what we saw last season.  That was my point.  If his recruitment is poor what are we left with?  

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we are struggling to sign strikers, I'm very suprised we didn't go for Cole Stockton, 50 odd goals in 150 odd games for Morecambe. 

I'd imagine there would be more happy about the signing than not.

Spent 5 hours with Warne but he couldn’t convince him and he nipped down the A38 to sign for Maamria. 

5 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

I said there wasn't an uplift in the position.  7th to 7th.  Not choosing to ignore anything. 

You seem one of a few who are prepared to find an excuse for anything rather than attribute any criticism towards Warne.  Of course it's too early to judge his recruitment.  I fully expect it to be good.  Because I think it those kind of things - culture, recruitment, motivation, building a team - that are what has brought Warne success in the past.  I don't think it's his tactical genius based on what we saw last season.  That was my point.  If his recruitment is poor what are we left with?  

We’re left with the hope that Warne and his staff can get the team we do have playing in a way that wins football matches. Might be a bit more industrious than some want, and we will fall short if they can’t find a way to create/score more than we did last year.
Some industry and resilience will serve us well to a point, during that good run last year we were tough to beat. Hopefully whatever system Warne settles on this year gets a tiny bit more out of the likes of Hourihane, Bird, Sibley, NML, Barkhuizen and the defence in terms of goal contributions, and the new additions add to that. 
I like the additions of Elder, Ward and Nelson, I think we’ll have a few more added in good time. 

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

What??

did i say that ?

oh yes, the under embargo, cant pay agents of transfer fees .. yer that was Always going to breath fresh life into the squad wasnt it ? 

Edited by NottsRam77

19 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Im not defending warne

im Simply pointing out facts that people are ignoring

im no more the wiser if hes going to be our modern day arthur cox or paul jewell.

what i am prepared to do though is give him time and the benefit of doubt having spent his first season with us using someone elses small squad and unable to do much about it due the heavy restrictions places on us cos of prior f*** ups 

Edited by NottsRam77

20 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Our club.

and we go again

but i thought after all weve been through and the journey that got us here wed be a bit more patient as a fan base

(not aimed at u) 

25 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Another version of that promotion season is that it was Igor's arrival that changed our fortunes, and he needed no time at all to get going!

id call it a bit of both

last time i checked it was a team game lol

igor was world class though 

best player iv seen at derby 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

But if the rest of your team is built a certain way and other signings made to play in that way, what's the point in signing someone who won't work in that system?

Good footballers are good footballers they can adjust unless of course that we won’t have good footballers 

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Jim Smiths promotion season.

The Southend win was the seventh match, the eighth match was a 2-2 draw with Pompey and was the last match that John Harkes ever wore a Rams shirt.

……………………….no further comment required! 👍😃

Which Warne is actively choosing to maintain this season 

1 minute ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Jim Smiths promotion season.

The Southend win was the seventh match, the eighth match was a 2-2 draw with Pompey and was the last match that John Harkes ever wore a Rams shirt.

……………………….no further comment required! 👍😃

Lol…. Was a good day 

God he was so average .. remember him

arriving as a wide man then it became apparent he had as much going forward as eddie lewis

seem to think he did marginally better at full back for a bit but was glad when jim finally got rid

was it carsely that came in for him for a bit?

I know we went to a 3 when igor came in but seem to remember carsely getting a stint there. Played well bar a horror back pass against barnsley ??? Was it?