Summer Rumour Mill

sage

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

When does the transfer window open?

Also has there been anything on when the players are back for pre season?

I've seen a few teams are back already 

Officially opens on 14th June, deals can be announced before then with all the scarf holding and the like but won’t actually take place until that date OR 1st July in relation to players moving on free transfers after their contracts expire June 30th. 

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

When does the transfer window open?

Also has there been anything on when the players are back for pre season?

I've seen a few teams are back already 

Burnley are back training 🤷‍♂️

Pre season always used to be 6 weeks of hell. That would put us starting on Monday June 26th with a day of being weighed, measured, taking vitals like BP, heart rate etc and the hard work to begin on the Tuesday. I know that's before the July 1st date incoming players would be starting their contracts but those already with us shouldn't be affected. I also think other clubs wouldn't complain if a player they have let go but are still paying his wages to starts training with his new club 4 or 5 days early...

On 13/05/2023 at 17:30, Millenniumram said:

I’ve heard:

Warne wants a full rebuild in midfield. Knight, Bird and Hourihane to be sold for funds.

McGoldrick doesn’t want to renew. Will go to Notts County if they’re promoted.

We want to sign Wes Harding and Josh Vickers (backup GK) from Rotherham.

Well that’s one right 

Big summer of recruitment ahead. I could see in upwards of 10 new signings. Didzy I’ve known for a long time won’t be re resigning , Roberts looks set to join Bristol a loss but championship football will be hard to turn down.

I know I’d be hated for this but if we sold knight and Bielik I’d go all out and sign Clarke Harris we need a top striker to get us out of this league. Our signings need to be a balance of future prospects and short term solutions 

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Big summer of recruitment ahead. I could see in upwards of 10 new signings. Didzy I’ve known for a long time won’t be re resigning , Roberts looks set to join Bristol a loss but championship football will be hard to turn down.

I know I’d be hated for this but if we sold knight and Bielik I’d go all out and sign Clarke Harris we need a top striker to get us out of this league. Our signings need to be a balance of future prospects and short term solutions 

An absolute no for Clarke Harris from me! When the chips are down he looks lazy and uninterested! 

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s looking much more likely to be right than wrong 

Based on what? There’s not been a credible report on it yet. Lots of Notts County Twitter saying they’re signing him, the only “proper” media outlet that’s touched upon it has suggested they’ve offered him a contract. 
You may well be right and he joins Notts, I just don’t see that there’s been a reliable source for the news as yet and as such it’s just speculation online. Wait until it’s confirmed to have your moment in the sun. 

40 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

You have been viewing a lot of sites 😲

39 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Based on what? There’s not been a credible report on it yet. Lots of Notts County Twitter saying they’re signing him, the only “proper” media outlet that’s touched upon it has suggested they’ve offered him a contract. 
You may well be right and he joins Notts, I just don’t see that there’s been a reliable source for the news as yet and as such it’s just speculation online. Wait until it’s confirmed to have your moment in the sun. 

A stopped watch is right twice a day