We just fell short. We have to accept and deal with it. It's not a time for the "blame game".

15 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Wow ! Have you even watched a Rams game in the last 18 months????

Yea all of them. 
The refs have been s***. 
We’re in the third division. The best we can hope for is the 23rd best ref in England and considering it wasn’t great in the championship I dunno what you were expecting? 

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I actually think this could be a blessing in disguise....

If we'd been promoted, we would have really struggled to recruit decent Championship level players within the financial restraints that we'll be under next season (even assuming the EFL permitted us a bit more wriggle room) - it had the potential to be a horrible season with us spending most of the time in the lower reaches trying to fight off relegation. As it is, we will be after less-able (League One level) players, a lot of whom will have played at PP this season and will have liked what they've seen - we'll still be one of the biggest clubs in the division and we'll hopefully be able to recruit players to address the obvious gaps in the squad, permit us to have more options in the matchday squad, and really give it a go from the start of the season with a fully fit squad that have all had a proper pre-season (something we struggled with this year) - and if we do go up, we should be free of the EFL and their diktats when we start in the Championship to really give us a fair chance to compete....

One of the most post's and common sense I've ever read on this forum. Well done poster, join me next season on our optimistic season going forward. 

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

…Yes we can blame someone.... The corrupt EFL who have made sure our games are not refereed unfairly…

I think you messed up there? 🤷‍♂️

Did you mean “thank”, not “blame”? 👀

Yes we was talking of maybe challenge for automatic months ago 

We fell short and painful,  my granddaughter was upset and my son had to console her and explain it's the Derby way 

Was not long ago we was looking at no DCFC

SO.. ROLL ON NEXT SEASON 

On 07/05/2023 at 21:26, Seaside Ram said:

I've not read the posts only the title . Yes we can blame someone.... The corrupt EFL who have made sure our games are not refereed unfairly. And to all those idiots who can't or refuse to see what's going on right in front of their happy clapper eyes, don't forget to put Father Christmas a mince pie out on Dec 24th !!!!

So if the EFL made sure our games aren't refereed unfairly, that has to be a good thing. How does that amount to corruption?

7 hours ago, europia said:

So if the EFL made sure our games aren't refereed unfairly, that has to be a good thing. How does that amount to corruption?

Smart arse !  I couldn't be bothered to edit it , didn't think anyone would be that petty 🤣

On 07/05/2023 at 20:55, RoyMac5 said:

I wasn't the only one thinking this thanks mate. The 'esteemed' panel on Sky Sports News this morning thought so too. Warne thinks not being a top 6 finish is a failure too.

So why are you picking on me?!

The Sky Sports panel also said that if we didn't get in the play offs and/or went up they feared for Warne's position, instantly confirming their opinion is utter drivel... 

On 07/05/2023 at 19:43, Ramifications said:

Is it correct in stating, finishing 7th is the joint lowest league position in the clubs history? 

Yes and look what had just happened last time also. Coincidence? From DET article re the rise under Cox:

"May 1984, and the club was in deep trouble having slumped to one of the lowest points in its history. Relegation meant the Rams faced their centenary season in the third tier only nine years after being champions of England and just a matter of months after the club’s dire financial position had reached crisis point when a winding-up order at the High Court was avoided at the 11th hour. The road to recovery appeared a long and daunting one."

I'm thinking now is the time to finally hold our nerve and get it right.

We have a long preseason to get everything  sorted, a manager who has got promoted 3 times, an owner in it for the long haul, the most appealing club in the division and with possibly the biggest budget and not that far away this season.

Let's absolutely smash it next season.