Realistically what do you reckon our points return will be?

simmoram1995

Just been looking at the remaining fixtures of our rivals and us.

Peterborough 

ipswich H

bristol R H

Barnsley A

Bolton 

Shrewsbury H

Accrington H

Fleetwood H

Bristol Rovers A

Derby

Burton H

Portsmouth H

Sheff W A

realistically I think out of these I think 

Bolton will win 3 + draw 1 

Peterborough will win 1 + draw 2 

derby ( I hope) win 2 + lose 1 

final points 

Bolton 5th 82 points 

derby 6th 78 points 

Peterborough 7th 78 points 

Derby 6th on goal difference 🙏

3 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Just been looking at the remaining fixtures of our rivals and us.

Peterborough 

ipswich H

bristol R H

Barnsley A

Bolton 

Shrewsbury H

Accrington H

Fleetwood H

Bristol Rovers A

Derby

Burton H

Portsmouth H

Sheff W A

realistically I think out of these I think 

Bolton will win 3 + draw 1 

Peterborough will win 1 + draw 2 

derby ( I hope) win 2 + lose 1 

final points 

Bolton 5th 82 points 

derby 6th 78 points 

Peterborough 7th 78 points 

Derby 6th on goal difference 🙏

Peterborough don't do draws, so it'll either be 2 wins and a loss or 1 win and 2 losses. I'm going with option B

A lot of it’s about nerves and expectations at this time of the season. Because the points are so important the tension rises, especially at home in front of a big crowd and it grows as the time runs down and you haven’t scored. Teams come to places like Derby and Bolton and park the bus and try all kinds of shytehousery to run the clock down. Sometimes I wonder if it’s not better to play away as teams open up more at home. Wanderers have 3 home games now which on paper should be realistically straightforward wins but it’s never as simple as that. I think we’ll beat Shrewsbury tomorrow but Accy are fighting for their lives and Fleetwood are on a good run so you can see potential slip ups there? Similarly you should comfortably beat Burton tomorrow and posh should lose to an in form Ipswich but I wouldn’t bet on the results going like that. As games run out the nerves get bigger, so close yet so far. I’m going to wish you luck tomorrow because I’d rather see Derby have a chance to progress than Peterborough. After what you’ve been through, like us you deserve it too. Looking forward to meeting you at Wembley then? 😉

22 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

A lot of it’s about nerves and expectations at this time of the season. Because the points are so important the tension rises, especially at home in front of a big crowd and it grows as the time runs down and you haven’t scored. Teams come to places like Derby and Bolton and park the bus and try all kinds of shytehousery to run the clock down. Sometimes I wonder if it’s not better to play away as teams open up more at home. Wanderers have 3 home games now which on paper should be realistically straightforward wins but it’s never as simple as that. I think we’ll beat Shrewsbury tomorrow but Accy are fighting for their lives and Fleetwood are on a good run so you can see potential slip ups there? Similarly you should comfortably beat Burton tomorrow and posh should lose to an in form Ipswich but I wouldn’t bet on the results going like that. As games run out the nerves get bigger, so close yet so far. I’m going to wish you luck tomorrow because I’d rather see Derby have a chance to progress than Peterborough. After what you’ve been through, like us you deserve it too. Looking forward to meeting you at Wembley then? 😉

I think Bolton will be fine, all 4 of your games look very winnable even if the opposition are likely to park the bus at the Reebok. Suspect you'll book your playoff spot with a game or 2 to go. Guess the question is more which of Barnsley or Sheff Weds you would prefer?

Whilst Burton tomorrow looks a winnable fixture on paper, they're very local to us & will be desperate to put one over Derby...imagine is the equivalent of you playing Accrington. Obviously the game at Hillsborough could decide Wendies' automatic promotion fate so not many holding out hope for points there. Therefore we will probably need Peterborough to drop points to make the top 6.

Thanks for the good wishes by the way, fair to say Bolton have had a very similar trauma to ourselves so good to see you on the up. Big fan of your manager too.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

12 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I think Bolton will be fine, all 4 of your games look very winnable even if the opposition are likely to park the bus at the Reebok. Suspect you'll book your playoff spot with a game or 2 to go. Guess the question is more which of Barnsley or Sheff Weds you would prefer?

Whilst Burton tomorrow looks a winnable fixture on paper, they're very local to us & will be desperate to put one over Derby...imagine is the equivalent of you playing Accrington. Obviously the game at Hillsborough could decide Wendies' automatic promotion fate so not many holding out hope for points there. Therefore we will probably need Peterborough to drop points to make the top 6.

Thanks for the good wishes by the way, fair to say Bolton have had a very similar trauma to ourselves so good to see you on the up. Big fan of your manager too.

Well LCR, games that look winnable can sometimes surprise when the pressures on. You’re right about Accy, similar to Burton for you as is Fleetwood for us who we always seem to struggle against because as you say they park the bus and we’re not brilliant at unpacking it. I actually think you’ll be ok, Burton are decent going forward but I thought a bit weak defensively and we really should have won on Tuesday the chances we missed. In fact that’s been our problem all season, too few goals and we’ve had to rely on the defence but of course all our first choice central defenders are out injured and we’re having to make do. I think you’ll be fine against Wednesday because I don’t think they’ll make the automatics by your game so will probably rest key players for the play offs. I expect us both to be there if Ipswich do the job on Posh today which I think they will and frankly I don’t care who we play after that, just glad to be there. Considering your restrictions I think Warnes done a stellar job getting you where you are so let’s hope he can get you one step further then who knows? 😉