Stat Pad Derby

Bris Vegas

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

If you can’t see the relevance…

consent GIF

If you cant see that what your posting is totally pointless...

Its really only kind of worrying if you live in some sort of fantasy land where you cancel the results of football matches to help you create a fantasy league table...for the rest of us normal people its not worrying at all.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Sleep easy Bris. The bottom four will still be there tomorrow.

Yeah but if it wasnt and you replaced them with subbuteo teams then it would be very worrying the position that we would find ourselves in because we have never beaten any subbuteo team and, having just looked on Wikipedia, Mcgoldrick has never scored against one either so that resets his goal count to zero.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

If you cant see that what your posting is totally pointless...

Its really only kind of worrying if you live in some sort of fantasy land where you cancel the results of football matches to help you create a fantasy league table...for the rest of us normal people its not worrying at all.

Does it not concern you that under Warne particularly we have only won two of 14 games against top half opposition?

And considering two of our final three games are against top half opposition?

And then playoff games against top 6 opposition?

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Does it not concern you that under Warne particularly we have only won two of 14 games against top half opposition?

Not this season, no. Look at our league placing.

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Take away the bottom four and we drop to 10th, midtable with a GD of 0.

That’s kind of worrying.

Well not really, because in a league you play everyone and everyone plays you. The points available to you (and everyone) in every match, whoever you are playing, are exactly the same.

Then, when everyone has played everyone, you add them all up and arrive at a league position. Id est., your position relative to others in the same competition. We are 7th .. this reflects the ebb and flow of our success and failure against everyone .. this is why it’s called a league 

It doesn’t matter who, how, or when you score your points. Just as long as you get more than your competitors. I ate Pasta tonight .. My hunger status is not defined by whether it was in a Morrisons Bag or a Tesco bag,  my stomach got filled. 

Next season they won’t be. Fingers crossed the four that come up from League Two are just as bad.

Maybe we’ll be a better team next year. Maybe the three coming down from the Championship won’t be as strong as those going up.

Let’s worry about next season once we know which league we’re in, who the other teams are and what sort of summer recruitment we manage.

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

No.

Not at all. If we make the play offs in 6th place then the three other teams have proved better than us to date over the league season.  It will be tough, their league position proves it  … not just against us, but against all comers. Worried ? Not one bit. Know we face a helluva fight ? Yes of course, but I don’t need pseudo science to tell me that. The league table already spells it out clearly. 

37 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Now I’m worried, I didn’t realise we would have to play top six sides in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Now I’m worried, I didn’t realise we would have to play top six sides in the playoffs.

I don't think we've got anything to worry about, they only reached the play offs because they finished above the teams below them, if you took them teams away, all of our potential play off opponents would have been relegated.

Edited by G STAR RAM

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't think we've got anything to worry about, they only reached the play offs because they finished above the teams below them, if you took them teams away, all of our potential play off opponents would have been relegated.

Thanks for that, I’ll sleep soundly now.😂

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Three points are three points, no matter if you play a team in 3rd or 23rd.

What if you play a team in 6th place and you’re in 7th and just 1 point behind ? That’s six points if otherwise they would have beaten you. And 4 points if otherwise you would have drawn.  I think 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Clearly somebody doesn’t get it.

The other teams reaching the playoffs will be desperate to face us rather than each other.

The 43 games we've played so far this season are now irrelevant. There is SFA we can do about them. The only games of relevance for us now are the next three which will determine if we have another two or three games to then play. Whatever came before doesn't matter. It's now down to three or maybe six matches in front of us.

But we can sleep safe in the knowledge that next season we will be watching Derby County in the EFL. We didn't have the luxury of such security this time last year. So for me, this season has been an overwhelming success whatever division we may be playing in next season.

But you can make some of the people happy some of the time but you can never make all of the people happy all of the time. There were some people who always moaned about Brian Clough. So it's not really a surprise that quite a few have already turned on Paul Warne before he's even had the chance to recruit a player he'd like to sign permanently. Hopefully, he'll be given sufficient time to prove whether or not he is the right person to take us forward or not. It's been a long time since any Derby manager was afforded that and that problem has been one of the roots of our demise. 

We need some patience or the future will be forever uncertain.

COYR

43 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Clearly somebody doesn’t get it.

The other teams reaching the playoffs will be desperate to face us rather than each other.

Bolton, who we took 4 points off, or Barnsley who we have beaten 2/3 games (Inc the cup, 1 each in the league), or Wednesday who we have drawn with and are yet to play the replay with? Seems fairly well matched?