Run in to play offs...

nfb

Arguably if Barnsley have a chance of the top 2 come the posh match this could work against us. They'll throw the kitchen sick to try and win which could give posh chances on the breakaway plus come 70 mins if news breaks through that their goose is cooked they may throw in the towel and allow posh on to them for a late goal.

Unless we win both matches there's no certainty regarding our situation. I believe 4 points should be enough but that does mean us showing some kahunas which is always an issue.

10 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Arguably if Barnsley have a chance of the top 2 come the posh match this could work against us. They'll throw the kitchen sick to try and win which could give posh chances on the breakaway plus come 70 mins if news breaks through that their goose is cooked they may throw in the towel and allow posh on to them for a late goal.

Unless we win both matches there's no certainty regarding our situation. I believe 4 points should be enough but that does mean us showing some kahunas which is always an issue.

Got a feeling Bristol Rovers might do us a favour against Posh next Saturday 

15 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Doesn’t the exact same scenario apply to us and Wednesday?

hopefully we can win at home Saturday against a side with nothing to play for.  That leaves posh needing two wins which looks doubtful

barnsley away is just as tough as Wednesday away for us. Matching their result should be enough. Think we’d have all taken that a month ago.

14 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

hopefully we can win at home Saturday against a side with nothing to play for.  That leaves posh needing two wins which looks doubtful

barnsley away is just as tough as Wednesday away for us. Matching their result should be enough. Think we’d have all taken that a month ago.

With only 4 draws this season Peterborough simply win or lose this season 

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

Agreed. I’m just naturally more pessimistic about Derby’s ability to do the job. 

Definitely would’ve taken this position a month ago though as I was adamant that we’d fluffed our lines.

You can still get 5-1 on the Rams to get promotion this season. Once the play offs start they will be around 3-1. If you have £25 on lpswich or Plymouth to get promoted , you would win £1 plus your stake back. The bookies really don’t give anything away.

With Barnsley losing, they are almost certain to stay in fourth place. Meaning they may test players or take it easy against Posh.

Sheff weds still in with a small chance of autos, but same could be true for them soon.

So 3rd and 4th can save themselves for the play offs, whilst 5th and 6th may have to fight on to the final game

25 minutes ago, strawhillram said:

With Barnsley losing, they are almost certain to stay in fourth place. Meaning they may test players or take it easy against Posh.

Sheff weds still in with a small chance of autos, but same could be true for them soon.

So 3rd and 4th can save themselves for the play offs, whilst 5th and 6th may have to fight on to the final game

I've mixed feelings regarding "resting" players.

I still feel it can disrupt a team to chop and change it's line up.

While a player can benefit when matches occur a few days apart, it's also possible they can lose focus.

Edited by hydraulic ram
spelling OCD

1 minute ago, hydraulic ram said:

I've mixed feelings regarding "resting" players.

I still feel it can disrupt a team to chop and change it's line up.

While a player can benefit when matches occur a few days apart, it's also possible they can loose focus.

Reduced risk of injuries to key players. 

Think gone pretty well for us!

ipswich and Plymouth both have very winnable games at home Saturday to secure promotion!

wednesday away at Shrewsbury which looks hardest of the three.

and Bolton lost too!

Should all be a lot clearer after Saturday!

All for nothing though if don’t do our bit on the pitch