Forest Green Rovers (A) Friday 7th April, 3pm KO

47 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Big Duncan had a different view of things. The penalty was lucky how was the player supposed to get his hand out of the way when the ball was hit towards him at pace (absolute Rubbish). The second goal was just unlucky (I thought it was good closing down).

We have very few shots (I thought their goal keeper kept a few out to be fair, I was impressed by him). They had loads of chances (missed them if they did). 

WE time wasted, even mentioned Wildsmith going down. (I actually think we are poor at time wasting, the worst in the division, and what I mean is we don't really do it. Wildsmith had a ball to his nether regions but was down what 30 seconds). 

Big Dunc another very bad loser 

How was the ref today, seen very few comments 🤣

9 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

All well and good but Peterborough are the team we need to get above to make the play offs now. If we do that we'll probably be in the cut. If not, we'll be relying on overtaking Bolton. It's a knife edge for me at the moment.

Have to hope local derby is a banana skin for them at least.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why on earth you'd want someone who has already scored 20 and assisted 7, in his current position, to drop deeper is completely beyond me I'm afraid.

Didzy on form is probably our MVP no matter where we play him. The question is where he’s most most valuable.  The outstanding moment of football in the game yesterday was his divine through ball to Collins (the chance duly fluffed). And he plays passes of that quality frequently. He’s had a few poor games recently partly I guess because up top he is heavily marked, frequently isolated and because we don’t deliver the ball to him well on the ground, where he wants it. We create opportunities in the air from ‘wide spaces’ but Didzy is not the strongest in the air (he actually doesn’t jump that well), and despite his height and physicality Collins rarely gets on the end of a cross meaning all the good work from eg NML putting crosses in culminates in towering headers from Knight who momentarily looks like he is playing for the Under 11s. 

We have played several thousand minutes of football this season and I can’t recall once Didzy sitting deep and eg Sibley and Barks and NML playing ahead of him to receive his defence splitting passes. I’m not saying it’ll work. I’m saying we should have tried it as a way to get this squad playing better and to give us a better chance against the strong teams (whom we need to beat to go up and where we do not have a good record )

The win was all that mattered today. It wasn't a vintage performance, and some defending made me think that we would have been punished if we were against a slightly better team. But the lads need some confidence to recover from what has been an absolutely terrible run of form with some atrocious performances to go alongside it. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Which of our loans is as good as one of those three? 😄 It's not even like when Charlton loaned Bielik from Arsenal. The senior players have the experience the youth are sucking out of them, to use a similar analogy. Smith is an ordinary midfielder who looks better at fb and Knight hasn't been given one position, somewhat like Sibley.

I think white may end up a better player than Wilson   I thought tomori was like bambi when he started and he left us looking like a young stag  (I do agree Mount was pretty fully formed on arrival )

22 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think white may end up a better player than Wilson   I thought tomori was like bambi when he started and he left us looking like a young stag  (I do agree Mount was pretty fully formed on arrival )

He might but he's not as good now as Harry was when we loaned him. Tomori was Bambi with pace to burn. What does it seem White has?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He might but he's not as good now as Harry was when we loaned him. Tomori was Bambi with pace to burn. What does it seem White has?

Harry scored a lot of goals, that made him very much better than White who gets it and gives it from deep positions

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

My memory is letting down here but didn't Wilson take a little while, and a run of games, to really start to make an impact?

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think White has talent, but doesn’t really suit us/this division.

Hes decent with the ball, certainly a good passing range. But off the ball he’s poor. He let’s players run off him all the time and he really struggles positionally when the opposition counters, our midfield looks incredibly open when he plays. 

I don’t like to sound to down on a young player and I think he’d do well for a Champ team who are willing to give him a more advanced role with less defensive responsibilities.

I think Warne realises this and that’s why he hasn’t played much recently. I thought he was an odd signing when he came in, not really what we needed.

Maybe he was the best of what we could get midfield-wise after Birds injury, so we took him anyway. Personally I don’t see him as any better than our own Liam Thompson.

White is better offensively, but Liam is better defensively.

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I think White has talent, but doesn’t really suit us/this division.

Hes decent with the ball, certainly a good passing range. But off the ball he’s poor. He let’s players run off him all the time and he really struggles positionally when the opposition counters, our midfield looks incredibly open when he plays. 

I don’t like to sound to down on a young player and I think he’d do well for a Champ team who are willing to give him a more advanced role with less defensive responsibilities.

I think Warne realises this and that’s why he hasn’t played much recently. I thought he was an odd signing when he came in, not really what we needed.

Maybe he was the best of what we could get midfield-wise after Birds injury, so we took him anyway. Personally I don’t see him as any better than our own Liam Thompson.

White is better offensively, but Liam is better defensively.

I believe that White has talent and should really have played more. His first match at Pride Park coming on as a sub, he showed he could pass a ball. When he started he had a fine game, good long shot and taking free kicks where he came close.

At Barnsley he allowed a player passed him around the halfway line, who beat Hourihan and a couple of other players to set up a goal. Warne was very critical of the goal.

The same thing happened at Plymouth, where after a very good first half, he allowed a Plymouth player to swerve around him near the halfway line from memory - the same player went passed Hourihan as though he wasn’t there and a defender too to set up a He was then adjudged to have given away a penalty.

That appeared to be enough for the Manager and he became the sacrificial lamb of our non-aggressive, non-tackling midfield.

His next appearance was, I think at Peterborough, where again has an excellent 1st half, should have won a penalty and was kicked all over the park in the second half. He was our best player on the day with Robert’s. He has also picked up a few bookings trying to show he is not so timid.

In a stronger midfield, I think he could be a gem. He showed his passing ability in the second game at home, before he tired after 60 mins. Having not played much. I think he has suffered from being “similar” to the others, but being young, inexperienced, he was therefore droppable, rather than Bird & Hourihan. They have since both been left out of the last couple of games.

He is a young player with great potential in my view - people need to get off his back!

25 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

I believe that White has talent and should really have played more. His first match at Pride Park coming on as a sub, he showed he could pass a ball. When he started he had a fine game, good long shot and taking free kicks where he came close.

At Barnsley he allowed a player passed him around the halfway line, who beat Hourihan and a couple of other players to set up a goal. Warne was very critical of the goal.

The same thing happened at Plymouth, where after a very good first half, he allowed a Plymouth player to swerve around him near the halfway line from memory - the same player went passed Hourihan as though he wasn’t there and a defender too to set up a He was then adjudged to have given away a penalty.

That appeared to be enough for the Manager and he became the sacrificial lamb of our non-aggressive, non-tackling midfield.

His next appearance was, I think at Peterborough, where again has an excellent 1st half, should have won a penalty and was kicked all over the park in the second half. He was our best player on the day with Robert’s. He has also picked up a few bookings trying to show he is not so timid.

In a stronger midfield, I think he could be a gem. He showed his passing ability in the second game at home, before he tired after 60 mins. Having not played much. I think he has suffered from being “similar” to the others, but being young, inexperienced, he was therefore droppable, rather than Bird & Hourihan. They have since both been left out of the last couple of games.

He is a young player with great potential in my view - people need to get off his back!

I’m not sure I see many people having a go at him to be honest.