Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Wilson_(English_footballer)

Not a bad tally of 23 goals in League Two in the 2021/22 season.

Though I admit this season his tally wasn't great, was that injury related?

It was 9 goals in 41 league games in L2. 3 in 24 this season in L1. Yes, that was injury related - a common problem he's had since he was on loan tonus in the Pearson season.

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

On potentially free agent goalkeeper who might be worth considering in the Sumner is Jamal Blackman.

With Wildsmith as clear first choice and fantastic youngsters coming through, we'll be signing a backup keeper, rather than someone who would expect to be challenging for the starting spot.

1 minute ago, MadAmster said:

There's some ancient wrinkly called McGoldrick who is out of contract at the end of the month.... I'd be happy for us to sign him.

Having two McGoldrick’s might be a bit confusing on commentary.😂

16 hours ago, angieram said:

Is Luke McGee a free agent? 

I think there was talk when he signed that his FGR contract expires this summer, but I can’t find anything official to back that up, just what’s on transfermarkt and that says it expires 30/06/23. Weirdly when FGR announced his contract extension in March 22 on their official site and social media they appear to have left out how long the extension was for.

It seems Wildsmith is established as our number 1, so unless he’s sold in the summer it would be a backup keeper we need and although we haven’t seen much of him, McGee has been serving that purpose and is established within the group and the way the coaches work. It makes sense to me if we signed him on a permanent deal to provide backup to Wildsmith.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think there was talk when he signed that his FGR contract expires this summer, but I can’t find anything official to back that up, just what’s on transfermarkt and that says it expires 30/06/23. Weirdly when FGR announced his contract extension in March 22 on their official site and social media they appear to have left out how long the extension was for.

It seems Wildsmith is established as our number 1, so unless he’s sold in the summer it would be a backup keeper we need and although we haven’t seen much of him, McGee has been serving that purpose and is established within the group and the way the coaches work. It makes sense to me if we signed him on a permanent deal to provide backup to Wildsmith.

I agree. Although I've seen him play several times for FGR and he was always good. Will he hope to be the number one keeper somewhere else? 

I suppose it depends how comfortable he feels at Derby and whether we want him.

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Messi.

Nice try but no cigar. The thread is about free agents we could sign. I mentioned Didzy as his contract runs out in the summer. 86 Hair Islands replied with the Python meme and "we've already got one". My reply was "Who is out of contract in the summer...". A statement, not a question. 

40 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Nice try but no cigar. The thread is about free agents we could sign. I mentioned Didzy as his contract runs out in the summer. 86 Hair Islands replied with the Python meme and "we've already got one". My reply was "Who is out of contract in the summer...". A statement, not a question. 

The title is free agents in the summer, Messi is out of contract so we could sign him.

I don’t think he’ll fancy League One though so promotion is a priority.😂