Wristslashers and Moaners Club

Ilkestonian

How about this instead of the Wheeltappers and Shunters Club?

Maybe all those that this applies to could just post all their negativity in this thread and leave all the other threads free from it so that those that are more glass half full than half empty can avoid their wrist slashing and moaning.

Edited by Ilkestonian

3 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

I've only seen one person throwing their toys out of the pram.  Highlighting some of Warne's weaknesses is not slashing your wrists.   Might as well close the forum down if people aren't allowed to post their thoughts for fear of being negative.

Why do these posters not just start a 'rose-tinted spectacles, all is marvellous we still have a club' thread?

16 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

How about this instead of the Wheeltappers and Shunters Club?

Maybe all those that this applies to could just post all their negativity in this thread and leave all the other threads free from it so that those that are more glass half full than half empty can avoid their wrist slashing and moaning.

What’s your glass half full take on today’s second half performance and result?

3 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

I agree, everyone should be able to post their opinion no matter what it is but it'd be nice to be able to avoid all the moaning after a defeat if you wanted too without having to resort to not coming on the forum at all.

How on earth is that possible when posters make comments on the match thread and the manager thread and the players' threads?

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

I agree, everyone should be able to post their opinion no matter what it is but it'd be nice to be able to avoid all the moaning after a defeat if you wanted too without having to resort to not coming on the forum at all.

Do you want two post match threads then? One with just positive comments the other with warts and all?

I agree some folk have gone way over the top but you have to accept, and be prepared for some moaning and criticism after another dismal second half performance. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How on earth is that possible when posters make comments on the match thread and the manager thread and the players' threads?

It's probably not, maybe it's just me and maybe I should just avoid the forum after a defeat as the negativity often seems a little over the top to me

1 minute ago, Ilkestonian said:

It's probably not, maybe it's just me and maybe I should just avoid the forum after a defeat as the negativity often seems a little over the top to me

We were stultifyingly dull and then we were awful. Yeah okay a little over the top, but there was a football match but we didn't play much football.

Edited by RoyMac5

I have nothing positive to say about it as it was really disappointing and especially after the promising first half.

I have nothing positive to say about it as it was really disappointing and especially after the promising first half.

So, if we have nothing positive to say and want to avoid any negativity we shouldn’t post anything at all?

5C689E58-AA6F-4CF9-A2AD-3F430DF4FF3A.jpeg

The footballs getting in the way of the good stuff at the moment.

Beers on the train - nice.

Brewery Tap - excellent.

The Peacock - nice enough.

Football - poor.

Charters Bar - excellent.

More beers on the train - necessary. 

Station Tap, Grantham - very good.

Hopkinsons, Nottingham - fair to middling.

Kebabs winging their way to us as I speak - well earned!

Take the football away, and that's a cracking day out.

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

The footballs getting in the way of the good stuff at the moment.

Beers on the train - nice.

Brewery Tap - excellent.

The Peacock - nice enough.

Football - poor.

Charters Bar - excellent.

More beers on the train - necessary. 

Station Tap, Grantham - very good.

Hopkinsons, Nottingham - fair to middling.

Kebabs winging their way to us as I speak - well earned!

Take the football away, and that's a cracking day out.

You had your blood pressure and cholesterol levels checked recently Rev 🤔

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah, let’s stop anyone posting anything negative and make this place an echo chamber, because some people can’t handle a different opinion.

Just looking for a bit of pragmatism M, yours seems to have disappeared 🤣