Wristslashers and Moaners Club

Ilkestonian

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Do you want two post match threads then? One with just positive comments the other with warts and all?

I agree some folk have gone way over the top but you have to accept, and be prepared for some moaning and criticism after another dismal second half performance. 

Only 2 have gone over the top from what I've seen. The rest has been constructive.

We'd have took this at the start of the season, but pre Wycombe away we had a decent chance of top 2 and now we are hanging on to top 6 by our fingernails.

It's not the overall picture, it's the recent decline 

13 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m too upset to moan about things. We seem to only turn up for 45 minutes 

Played well enough first half but failed to create concrete chances. They changed formation and brought 2 players in at HT. We did nothing to counter that. They won.

No opinion, just fact. PW will get us out of L1 but not this season. Give him the summer and January windows to build HIS squad and we probably won't see this Bielsa like dip.

14 hours ago, Ilkestonian said:

I agree, everyone should be able to post their opinion no matter what it is but it'd be nice to be able to avoid all the moaning after a defeat if you wanted too without having to resort to not coming on the forum at all.

Are you asking all of those supporters who feel down after a defeat to either come on here and tell a pack of lies or refrain from posting at all in order to keep you happy in your paradise in Cloud Cuckoo Land?

I cannot imagine that any of the fans travelling back from Peterborough yesterday had much positive to say having witnessed our embarrassing and disappointing second-half capitulation. Many will still be moaning this morning but it will be those very same fans who will be making their way full of the joys of Spring to Forest Green, if they have been able to get tickets. The mood on here after that will be dictated by the outcome of the performance and result, tempered by what happens against Ipswich on Saturday. That's how it works being a football fan. If it upsets you, I can only suggest for the enjoyment in your life, you stop coming on here and let the rest of us deal with the reality.

COYR

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Are you asking all of those supporters who feel down after a defeat to either come on here and tell a pack of lies or refrain from posting at all in order to keep you happy in your paradise in Cloud Cuckoo Land?

I cannot imagine that any of the fans travelling back from Peterborough yesterday had much positive to say having witnessed our embarrassing and disappointing second-half capitulation. Many will still be moaning this morning but it will be those very same fans who will be making their way full of the joys of Spring to Forest Green, if they have been able to get tickets. The mood on here after that will be dictated by the outcome of the performance and result, tempered by what happens against Ipswich on Saturday. That's how it works being a football fan. If it upsets you, I can only suggest for the enjoyment in your life, you stop coming on here and let the rest of us deal with the reality.

COYR

Thanks for that 🙁 I was one of those coming home from Peterborough and I'll be at Forest Green Rovers too and I can tell you I'm not in paradise or cloud cuckoo land over our recent performances or results but it doesn't mean I want to read the over reaction and negativity of some posters after a defeat and read my earlier posts, I haven't said people shouldn't comment and maybe that I shouldn't come on the forum after a defeat if all is negativity but I actually enjoy coming on to see the posts and opinions of those who have a better perspective and are more sensible and level headed.

Thanks for telling me how being a football fan works though, I've only been going 61 years so clearly have no idea.

Edited by Ilkestonian

14 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

Thanks for telling me how being a football fan works though, I've only been going 61 years so clearly I had no idea.

I agree. Never mind, maybe you'll cotton on in your 62nd year 😂

Edited by Brailsford Ram

1 minute ago, Ilkestonian said:

Thanks for that 🙁 I was one of those coming home from Peterborough and I'll be at Forest Green Rovers too and I can tell you I'm not in paradise or cloud cuckoo land over our recent performances or results but it doesn't mean I want to read the over reaction and negativity of some posters after a defeat and read my earlier posts, I haven't said people shouldn't comment and maybe that I shouldn't come on the forum after a defeat if all is negativity but I actually enjoy coming on to see the posts and opinions of those who have a better perspective and are more sensible and level headed.

Thanks for telling me how being a football fan works though, I've only been going 61 years so clearly I had no idea.

The thing is though, one man’s over reaction and negativity is another man’s reality. One man’s “better perspective” is another’s delusion. It would be impossible and wrong to try and stifle even the extremities on the spectrum of opinions.

I have found some comments ridiculous (as, no doubt, are many of mine) but I try not to let them upset me. I might ignore them, I might give them an angry or laughing face, respond sensibly (well, relatively) or post a sarcastic reply (e.g. in response to one yesterday calling for PW to be sacked if we don’t get promoted).

5 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

On 16/01/2023 at 19:21, Brailsford Ram said:

The team are clearly behind Paul Warne and they see and hear him every day. I can't believe the doubters want to make themselves heard at this stage. Save it for later fellas or hopefully never at all.

Big Brother Shrug GIF by Big Brother After Dark

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Big Brother Shrug GIF by Big Brother After Dark

And there is absolutely no connection between these posts at all which lends evidence again to the fact that you fall into your own self-defined category of being one syllable away from cultish. You've not been around long enough to know what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

And there is absolutely no connection between these posts at all which lends evidence again to the fact that you fall into your own self-defined category of being one syllable away from cultish. You've not been around long enough to know what you're talking about.

How old do you have to be to have an opinion? Just so David can organise the cull

13 minutes ago, sage said:

How old do you have to be to have an opinion? Just so David can organise the cull

No age limits for being able to express an opinion. But for quality, experience is invaluable; just like good wine it gets better with age. I think Kokosnuss is about on a par with a Spar shop Lambrusco at the moment. Hopefully, he'll mature 😂

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

This is their 62 year. Their first year was aged 0. (Attempting to derail this cliched thread about too much moaning vs having an opinion!)

Yes I agree. If he's watched Derby for 61 years, he's now in his 62nd - no dispute about that I think. I think both Ilkestonian and I saw it as banter, hence the mutual laughing emojis. Thanks for your attempt at arbitration but I don't think we needed it 😂.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

12 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

No age limits for being able to express an opinion. But for quality, experience is invaluable; just like good wine it gets better with age. I think Kokosnuss is about on a par with a Spar shop Lambrusco at the moment. Hopefully, he'll mature 😂

Glad you cleared that up, you wouldn't want to come across as sounding arrogant