Wigan Athletic - points deduction

Carl Sagan

26 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Reading are always at it. Why aren't club owners going at them like they went at us?

Wrong end of the table.

We're a club that has been up there fighting for the riches of the Premier League, that's what puts you on the radar.

Wigan look pretty much done for now, no real need for clubs near the bottom to apply any pressure on the EFL.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Reading are always at it. Why aren't club owners going at them like they went at us?

I'm sure the bamford up in teeside will be looking for a few quid to balance the books, if they don't get to the promised land this season. 

Can't blame them. 

Just be honest with the players, if you can't pay this month, just tell them, at least they can look into other arrangements.

Stringing them along with lie after lie will see them down tools, can hardly blame them.

Are we past the deadline now where any deductions would move into next season?

40 minutes ago, InstaRam said:

So which Wigan talents are we going to snatch for free? Seems to be the way the football family works...

I truly feel sorry for them...a horrible situation to be in.

Yet that’s the ball park we are playing in 

1 hour ago, InstaRam said:

So which Wigan talents are we going to snatch for free? Seems to be the way the football family works...

I truly feel sorry for them...a horrible situation to be in.

We stole 2 players from them for dirt cheap last time they were in trouble and they got revenge by low balling us for Shinnie. I hope we don't take advantage again even if we do need all the free players we can get.

Hope they can get an owner who can last more than a few months this time.

The whole performance around Wigan has to be hugely embarrassing for the EFL with them being on a finance plan following administration just like we are and it will probably mean the EFL are less likely to be helpful towards ourselves.

55 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The whole performance around Wigan has to be hugely embarrassing for the EFL with them being on a finance plan following administration just like we are and it will probably mean the EFL are less likely to be helpful towards ourselves.

I don't know, they might want to might to show that if teams place nice, nice things happen to them - to contrast with what's about to happen to Wigan.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's been 4 times the player's haven't been paid this season, not 5 as Caulker has stated, but that's still totally unacceptable. Guess it's hard to keep count it's happened that often. 

Think he was suggesting the pay day coming up wouldn't be paid as they still haven't been paid the previous month, which would make 5.