Gary Lineker

Day

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Genuine question. Are you, or any one else supporting Big Ears, got any examples of the language being used by the UK Government that is similar to that used by the German Government in 1930. 2 or 3 examples should satisfy me that he might have a point.

Bump. Come on, someone help me out here.

52 minutes ago, Archied said:

I put it to you that you know full well it is sarcasm mr Pete 

I was merely complimenting Mr Pete, as you put it, on his legal knowledge, and referencing his past contributions to this forum in this area.

Quite why you've seen fit to interject yourself in this debate I'm unsure?

Perhaps you're a fan of a big spoon, perhaps?

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

I was merely complimenting Mr Pete, as you put it, on his legal knowledge, and referencing his past contributions to this forum in this area.

Quite why you've seen fit to interject yourself in this debate I'm unsure?

Perhaps you're a fan of a big spoon, perhaps?

I put it to you mr rev that it was sarcasm and the joke went over your head ??‍♂️
perhaps on thought it doesn’t come across in the written form rather than verbal with a posh authoritative barrister s voice mimic

Edited by Archied

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If this article is true then there is nothing in Lineker's contract outlining social media rules and the BBC would likely lose any legal case on the matter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/bbc-gary-lineker-sack-contract-b2298816.html

Which begs the question, what the hell are they playing at? Who advised them to take this mad course of action?

I think I know given the links the upper echelons of the BBC have to our current government. Anyone got a better idea?

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Which begs the question, what the hell are they playing at? Who advised them to take this mad course of action?

I think I know given the links the upper echelons of the BBC have to our current government. Anyone got a better idea?

You only need to read the comments section of the BBC website on a regular basis to understand the BBC is against the Tories. Try posting anything different it’s removed on a regular basis.

Or see the bias on question time.

This is why there are now trying to prove they are independent.

44 minutes ago, Archied said:

I put it to you mr rev that it was sarcasm and the joke went over your head ??‍♂️
perhaps on thought it doesn’t come across in the written form rather than verbal with a posh authoritative barrister s voice mimic

If u fink I'm that fick, I'll adjourn from this debate from now on.

"MotD to be 20 minutes long with no commentary

BBC One will broadcast a much-reduced episode of Match of the Day this evening, the BBC's sport editor Dan Roan says.

There will be no commentary on the highlights.

It is currently scheduled to begin at 22:20 GMT."

Uh Oh Lol GIF by Tennis TV

Simple one for me. Too much smoke & mirrors going on. He’s paid by a public corporation. He’s taking the public’s coin. Whether I agree with him or not is irrelevant, he doesn’t speak for me yet he is on my payroll. If he wants to make political statements then he should resign, go work in the private sector and have the same conversation about his social media posts with his then employer. No longer my problem and therefore I’m not interested. 

12 minutes ago, cstand said:

You only need to read the comments section of the BBC website on a regular basis to understand the BBC is against the Tories. Try posting anything different it’s removed on a regular basis.

Or see the bias on question time.

This is why there are now trying to prove they are independent.

Ah yes, the anti Tory bias. Lead by the famously left leaning chairman of the BBC who used to manage Sunak and helped Johnson get an 800k loan. Or the very left leaning Robbie Gibb who was the former director of communications for the Tories and whose brother is a Tory MP. Or perhaps the current director general who once stood as a Tory councillour. 

If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd it's probably a turd.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta