Wifi at pride park

On mobile signal. I’m with Vodafone, they recently shut down their 3G signal. 4G is meant to now be the standard. My standard is E.

E for Enormous pile of poo.

They were clearly not ready for the switchover. The mobile signal in general for such a small island is shocking.

Some say 5G fries your brain, well E drives you insane.

1 minute ago, Day said:

On mobile signal. I’m with Vodafone, they recently shut down their 3G signal. 4G is meant to now be the standard. My standard is E.

They were clearly not ready for the switchover. The mobile signal in general for such a small island is shocking.

Read something about the signal in the UK being miles behind most of Europe in general, mainly due to the sanctions we put on Huawei without a backup plan. 

29 minutes ago, Day said:

Should have stayed with Double E mate.

42 minutes ago, Day said:

You can thank the government insisting we rip out all the Huawei tech from our network for it. That and consecutive governments for three decades at this point being allergic to modernising network infrastructure properly. We could have been world leaders.

I spent halftime playing spot the tranny but other than the bloke with the dodgy syrup near us I couldn't see anyone that looked too 'unusual' - perhaps I was expecting a full on drag queen so that may explain it, though there was a bloke in a long buttoned-up mac who may have been wearing his wife's undies underneath for all I know....

On 15/09/2024 at 09:34, Gaspode said:

I spent halftime playing spot the tranny but other than the bloke with the dodgy syrup near us I couldn't see anyone that looked too 'unusual' - perhaps I was expecting a full on drag queen so that may explain it, though there was a bloke in a long buttoned-up mac who may have been wearing his wife's undies underneath for all I know....

If that was Fagin then he probably had a shovel hidden underneath it.

IYKYK

On 14/09/2024 at 13:07, Day said:

Wappies said 2G would fry our brains. They said the same about 3G and then 4G and now 5G. They also said that the various G's would boil our blood.

It hasn't happened and won't. 6G is on its way and that won't fry/boil us either.

On 14/09/2024 at 22:43, jono said:

Well something has changed in a big way because today the signal was excellent. First time on a Saturday it was seamless surfing rather than sweet nothing and a churning screen. 

I noticed there is a new mobile tower between the stadium and the Derwent bridge, next to Sports Direct, I walked past it on saturday wonder if that's the difference?

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

On 14/09/2024 at 12:07, Day said:

That's weird cus since I switched to Vodaphone in the off season I've been able to tweet, Whatsapp & check scores at half time, no probs at all.  I wish the skanky blonde who sits in front of me had your kinds of trouble.  Getting quite tired of reading the Facebook messenger arguments with her & her mates all the way through the game...

On 14/09/2024 at 12:09, Srg said:

Read something about the signal in the UK being miles behind most of Europe in general, mainly due to the sanctions we put on Huawei without a backup plan. 

It doesn't surprise me.  I was in Madrid a few weeks ago and it was lightening quick wherever we went

I used to think that the uk was good for mobile as the competition kept prices low for customers vs European countries.

Now it seems other countries were paying, in part, for really good network improvements, whereas we weren't. Having a few average networks isn't as good as having 1 good one.

Trains, water, mobile. Same old story, no short term profits in planning for the future.

Last game I went to, the network was so bad that couldn't call the person who was picking me up, from Sainsbury's until about an hour after fulltime, plus google maps didn't work either and traffic was obviously bad.

Seems like the demand of everyone in the same place screws the network up for a while after. I've parked near ground before and can't get any signal until I've driven away, which is usually 45 mins after the end once they finally let you out.

Oddly, whilst my lad waits outside the players entrance to get last season's shirt signed by everybody my phone automatically connects to Pride Park wi-fi, without me ever having done so before.  I'm assuming it's the club's because it only does it when I'm near the main entrance??

23 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Lamp-post man?

You have me beaten there with lamp-post man, Crewton. Fagin was a tall bloke, possibly mid 30s. Last time I saw him was September 20, 1969, the day we beat Spurs 5-0. The shovel came in handy at half time when Spurs fans left the Colombo, went round the back and came up to the middle of the Vulcan. Out came the shovel. Spurs fans quickly sought refuge back in the Colombo. Fagin was a regular at football and around town. Never saw him again after that game. Always wondered what happened to him.

Just now, MadAmster said:

You have me beaten there with lamp-post man, Crewton. Fagin was a tall bloke, possibly mid 30s. Last time I saw him was September 20, 1969, the day we beat Spurs 5-0. The shovel came in handy at half time when Spurs fans left the Colombo, went round the back and came up to the middle of the Vulcan. Out came the shovel. Spurs fans quickly sought refuge back in the Colombo. Fagin was a regular at football and around town. Never saw him again after that game. Always wondered what happened to him.

Not sure what happened to him either, but the kids round our way called him Lamp-post Man cos he seemed so tall to us. It was him that prompted me to pester my Dad to let me go to watch the Rams.

It was the day after the Rams beat Chelsea in the League Cup 3-1, that famous evening in 1968. I was playing football on our front when Fagin came along and asked me if I'd been to the match. I said no, but I'd heard the roars when Derby scored. He replied, with the utmost gravity "You wanna go kid" and went along the way. I pestered my Dad for weeks afterwards until he eventually agreed.

I can't recall seeing him myself after that. I think his real name was Keith Hagan or similar, hence "Fagin". I'll ask my mates if they know what became of him.