Derby coming for you

B4ev6is

On 23/01/2023 at 19:24, Donnyram said:

I have to confess, I’ve watched Derby at Wembley 4 times…….. Anglo Italian Cup final (Cremonese?), Play offs versus Leicester, QPR and Villa - lost all 4.

The only games at Wembley I’ve missed….. FA Cup final v Charlton, Charity Shield v West Ham and Play Off v WBA……. Won them all.

Financial bribes not to go this year if we get there invited ?

Whip round to get these guys as far away from Wembley as possible (e.g. to Australia or perhaps even Mars) over the Play-off final and/or FA Cup final weekends?? ?

8 hours ago, DB83 said:

Whip round to get these guys as far away from Wembley as possible (e.g. to Australia or perhaps even Mars) over the Play-off final and/or FA Cup final weekends?? ?

I’ve been to the Leicester, QPR and Villa play-offs and missed West Brom.

Don’t worry, I’m away for this year’s playoffs ?

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I’ve been to all the Wembley matches since and including the charity shield but I’ll miss the playoff final.

who wants to watch Plymouth and Ipswich, I’ll probably be on a beach somewhere celebrating our promotion ?

That was my exact outlook, 16 years ago this very month... when we were about 10 miles ahead of 2nd placed Brum, and approx. 1.5million miles ahead of 3rd place Sunderland.  That was the ideal time to relax, and get that holiday booked spanning the May Bank Holiday Weekend, of course, and to hell with any ridiculous thoughts of us capitulating, and dropping into the Play-Offs.  (I was aware of the dates etc, and as a ST holder, would also have been guaranteed a Wembley ticket).

Whilst you lot basked in the glory of the goal machine that is Stephen Pearson, I watched in awe... in tears of joy... but also in tears of regret that I wasn't there... and in a small bar in Majorca, with no more that 8 or 9 other fellow Rams for company. As good a day as it was, I've yet to get over that regret!  ? 

To be fair, I did cockup with the dates for 2014, at the time (January) thinking we always played the Championship final on the BH Monday (Wrong!), so booked our May holiday to return "2 days before the final" (Wrong again!).  Flew in to EMA at 13:55 (on the Saturday this time!), reached my telly at 14:55... and 2 hours later sat back with a huge sigh of relief that I wasn't there with you lot for that Bobby Z moment!  Not sure I could have handled that!  (Was finally there v Villa, but that was nowhere near as devastating as the QPR game).

We always go early June nowadays, rather than late May... just in case! ?

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That was my exact outlook, 16 years ago this very month... when we were about 10 miles ahead of 2nd placed Brum, and approx. 1.5million miles ahead of 3rd place Sunderland.  That was the ideal time to relax, and get that holiday booked spanning the May Bank Holiday Weekend, of course, and to hell with any ridiculous thoughts of us capitulating, and dropping into the Play-Offs.  (I was aware of the dates etc, and as a ST holder, would also have been guaranteed a Wembley ticket).

Whilst you lot basked in the glory of the goal machine that is Stephen Pearson, I watched in awe... in tears of joy... but also in tears of regret that I wasn't there... and in a small bar in Majorca, with no more that 8 or 9 other fellow Rams for company. As good a day as it was, I've yet to get over that regret!  ? 

To be fair, I did cockup with the dates for 2014, at the time (January) thinking we always played the Championship final on the BH Monday (Wrong!), so booked our May holiday to return "2 days before the final" (Wrong again!).  Flew in to EMA at 13:55 (on the Saturday this time!), reached my telly at 14:55... and 2 hours later sat back with a huge sigh of relief that I wasn't there with you lot for that Bobby Z moment!  Not sure I could have handled that!  (Was finally there v Villa, but that was nowhere near as devastating as the QPR game).

That means you'll miss our FA Cup final victory. ?

14 minutes ago, ram59 said:

That means you'll miss our FA Cup final victory. ?

Just checked... Sat 3rd June... That's our likely departure date, but not booked yet. 
The advantage is that we go on Eurotunnel now, not flights, so a late amendment is very doable.  (If no Play-Off or Cup final to consider, we'd likely amend to an earlier departure anyway ( by 2 or 3 days), depending on workload).  ??

44 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Schoolboy error ?