Derby County V Exeter City: Player Ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Monday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. 

Wildsmith

Chester

Cashin

Forsyth

Mendez-Laing

Smith 

Bird

Hourihane

Roberts

Sibley

Osula

McGoldrick

Dobbin

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Monday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. 

Wildsmith 6.5

Chester 6

Cashin 7

Forsyth 7.5

Mendez-Laing 6

Smith 6

Bird 5.5

Hourihane 5.5

Roberts 7.5

Sibley 4

Osula 6

McGoldrick 5

Dobbin 6

Wildsmith - 7 solid game, clean sheet

Chester - 6 injured

Cashin - 8 my MOM

Forsyth - 7 dependable

Mendez-Laing - 7 our best attacking player but not a wingback

Smith - 4 not for me, makes zero difference 

Bird - 6 prefer him at CDM

Hourihane - 3 shocking display

Roberts - 7 did well

Sibley - 6 should have done better with early chance

Osula - 5 needs more aggression in his game

McGoldrick - 4 half a yard off

Dobbin - 7 looked lively

Poor 1st half, much better in 2nd half. Time for a back 4 - NML needs to play in front of a RB.

Wildsmith 7 (solid as ever)

Chester 6.5 (fine while we had him)

Cashin 8 (defended well, excellent passing)

Forsyth 8 (his best showing at CB)

Mendez-Laing 6 (tried hard; came up against a worthy opponent)

Smith 6.5 (fine in both positions)

Bird 6 (started well on opposite site of field to Hourihane…)

Hourihane 5.5 (close to being the hero with a good free kick but otherwise, as ever, totally underwhelming)

Roberts 7.5 (good performance, should keep his place… somewhere!)

Sibley 5.5 (not effective as the second forward - or LWB! - inevitably subbed after his stupid hack)

Osula 6 (tried hard, didn’t get too much opportunity)

McGoldrick 6.5 (did what he could, probably on a different wavelength)

Dobbin 7.5 (had a really good go at Exeter, though not everything came off)

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Bird-2

Hourihane-3

I could almost hear James Alexander Gordon reading that one with the correct intonation and everything.

Possibly a bit harsh though(?)

4 minutes ago, jameso said:

I could almost hear James Alexander Gordon reading that one with the correct intonation and everything.

Possibly a bit harsh though(?)

Not really. Bird once again managed to avoid the ball and went through 97 minutes without putting a tackle in. Hourihane took a nice free kick and that was it. Another player who bottled 50/50s. His corners were yet again crap as well. We had looked far better with Sibley taking them. We might not be playing a style of football that suits either of them but if you are playing centre midfield and don’t have any effect on the game then that is clearly going to be a problem. Shinnie in midfield would be a huge improvement. I can’t imagine him going through a game with, what was it at Ipswich, 19 touches of the ball that Bird had? I guess I am finding the performances of both of them hugely frustrating and have been all season.

21 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Not really. Bird once again managed to avoid the ball and went through 97 minutes without putting a tackle in.

Is that actually true? Bird often tackles by staying on his feet and intercepting the ball close to the man. Aren't they tackles?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is that actually true? Bird often tackles by staying on his feet and intercepting the ball close to the man. Aren't they tackles?

Intercepting the ball isn’t a tackle, that’s an interception and reading the game. You can stay on your feet and tackle, of course you can, but I honestly can’t recall him doing that last night. I can’t recall him doing anything if I’m honest, which is kind of the problem. I guess I am crying out for a George Williams. He and Gregory never let games pass them by like Hourihane and Bird do and they certainly let the opposition know that they had been in a game. Bird is also not a captain. I saw Fozzy and Smith last night acting like captains but not Bird. Maybe the pressure is too great for him, I honestly don’t know what has happened to him this season. 

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Wildsmith    7.5 

Chester       6.5

Cashin         8

Forsyth       8

Mendez-Laing      7

Smith    6.5

Bird          5

Hourihane    5

Roberts       7

Sibley        6.5 

Osula      6.5 

McGoldrick     7

Dobbin        7 

41 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Intercepting the ball isn’t a tackle, that’s an interception and reading the game. You can stay on your feet and tackle, of course you can, but I honestly can’t recall him doing that last night. I can’t recall him doing anything if I’m honest, which is kind of the problem. I guess I am crying out for a George Williams. He and Gregory never let games pass them by like Hourihane and Bird do and they certainly let the opposition know that they had been in a game. Bird is also not a captain. I saw Fozzy and Smith last night acting like captains but not Bird. Maybe the pressure is too great for him, I honestly don’t know what has happened to him this season. 

Bird isn't a George Williams. Why Warne played him and Hourihane, who knows. They get in each others way.

Wildsmith           7

Chester              6

Cashin                7.5

Forsyth              6.5

Mendez-Laing     6

Smith                  6.5

Bird                    5.5

Hourihane          5.5

Roberts              6.5

Sibley                5

Osula                 6

McGoldrick        6