January Window

1of4

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

For me, any further signings will be a surprise. And we certainly don't want to upset the applecart by doing an Ipswich (5 new players?) and destabilising our clear progress. Expect we're looking for one further striker, but might not be unduly worried if we can't do the deal. 

Agree, PW has said he likes a smaller squad, although I think a defender who can play both Right Back and Centre Half (potentially loan to buy) would be the limit, but only if one falls in our lap, especially as January prices will be too rich for our current blood. 

Whilst we need another centre forward for emergencies that man Chris Martin is apparently being the subject of a lot of enquiries from league one clubs - if we can’t get anyone else he wouldn’t be a bad one to have in the run in if we lose McGoldrick and Collins - the chances are we are going to see him again even if it’s in a opposition squad 

28 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Agree, PW has said he likes a smaller squad, although I think a defender who can play both Right Back and Centre Half (potentially loan to buy) would be the limit, but only if one falls in our lap, especially as January prices will be too rich for our current blood. 

I can’t see us getting one if we have Rooney who is a darn good player 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Whilst we need another centre forward for emergencies that man Chris Martin is apparently being the subject of a lot of enquiries from league one clubs - if we can’t get anyone else he wouldn’t be a bad one to have in the run in if we lose McGoldrick and Collins - the chances are we are going to see him again even if it’s in a opposition squad 

Can’t see old Tubbs liking our wage cap 

Don't think anything is set in stone. If Warne kind find players with the ability and work ethic to add something or provide cover, they'll be in. If he can't they won't. I think he will be aware that the biggest impediment to promotion may well be injuries to key players though, so I suspect they will be working hard rather than being sat there thinking, well we're doing ok right now.

40 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Personal opinions aside, you cannot have listened to Paul Warne in what he wants from his players. Signing Martin would go against every word.

47 minutes ago, David said:

Personal opinions aside, you cannot have listened to Paul Warne in what he wants from his players. Signing Martin would go against every word.

Yep I listened to everything he says but my reference was to him being available, probably moving to league one and potentially all we can get and in the third division he may well prove to be very useful if we were short handed up front 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep I listened to everything he says but my reference was to him being available, probably moving to league one and potentially all we can get and in the third division he may well prove to be very useful if we were short handed up front 

It's the old 'slow, fat Martin' meme. We saw him close down plenty in his last season here. He looked pretty fit too. But according to the tweet by that Mirror bloke we wouldn't be after him cos him and Collins are similar players! ?

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's the old 'slow, fat Martin' meme. We saw him close down plenty in his last season here. He looked pretty fit too. But according to the tweet by that Mirror bloke we wouldn't be after him cos him and Collins are similar players! ?

Wait, are you suggesting Martin isn't slow? 

Meme it off if you want, but it's true, speed and pace is not an attribute he has. That's not even being critical, not all players are blessed with it.

I would suggest the Mirror bloke has made an extremely lazy comparison with Collins. 

Just now, David said:

Meme it off if you want, but it's true, speed and pace is not an attribute he has. That's not even being critical, not all players are blessed with it.

I would suggest the Mirror bloke has made an extremely lazy comparison with Collins. 

Not as fast as some, but it's the main point to most folks objections. You of course miss the point but then you'd prefer Waghorn any day. ?

5 minutes ago, David said:

CM is a striker that held the ball up and did the damage in the box, If CM was defending a corner it would take him 10mins to catch up our last defender once the ball was cleared.

CM is yesterdays history

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He really is another Collins, although Collins might be better.

It's just not true though, not here looking to downplay what Martin can offer a team.

Collins covers more ground, helps out defensively, honestly comparing apples with oranges here.

33 minutes ago, David said:

It's just not true though, not here looking to downplay what Martin can offer a team.

Collins covers more ground, helps out defensively, honestly comparing apples with oranges here.

The comparison was about Waghorn. Only the journo who put out the tweet thinks Collo and Martin are similar players.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The comparison was about Waghorn. Only the journo who put out the tweet thinks Collo and Martin are similar players.

Oh, apologies. Waghorn could play a number of positions across the front line though, so still not a great comparison either.