Derby County v Exeter City Tuesday 25 October

Gritstone Ram

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Hourihane is an absolute passenger and the biggest disappointment this season. Was the one signing I was excited about dropping down to league 1 and he has no impact whatsoever on the game. Great that he’ll score 3/4 blinding finishes with his left foot but he needs to be bringing more to the games 

He's far better with Knight alongside who does actual work in midfield and allows him more space out wide.  Bird just stands on his feet.  We won't have to worry about  it for long .  Any footballer will be gone in January.  

13 minutes ago, jameso said:

I feel it’s only fair to warne you that a new manager can’t work miracles with a rapidly depleting squad; we could turn to more youth players of course - perhaps more rosenior players like Chester, Davies, Smith, Hourihane etc are more prone to injuries, which wouldn’t be the new manager’s fault (?)

It was a bit of fun for the sake of a pun or two. Your own pun is appreciated.

Maybe those old legs would fare better in a less frantic, slower paced game where injuries are more avoidable?

Glad to know you think beating Exeter at home with a depleted squad would count as a miracle though! Perhaps looking at the table, an unfit squad a couple of weeks behind everyone else getting a draw against free flowing, table topping youth would have been a miracle? 

Neither happened though, sadly.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's far better with Knight alongside who does actual work in midfield and allows him more space out wide.  Bird just stands on his feet.  We won't have to worry about  it for long .  Any footballer will be gone in January.  

He spent more time between the centre backs than in midfield. Rubbish 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Come off it, he took over a side that would have been third had they won their games in hand and a side that were Arguably better in every game this season including the losses. Look at the stats from before… 

Im not saying it was all rosey before, it wasn’t but I don’t think we were far away from striking the right balance yet we’ve apparently thrown out the baby with the bath water in an attempt to rebalance. 

He took over a fragile side that couldn't win away. Rosenior had some pretty easy fixtures too, ones you'd expect us to win. To try and claim that there is any huge difference between the two so far is showing bias one side or the other. I think it's largely the same. Pretty inconsistent and fairly mid table so far.

We weren't close to the right balance with Rosenior. It's rose tinted glasses. We hadn't scored a goal away from home. Things are fairly meh at the moment, but I have some confidence in Warne that given some time and the right players, he can sort us out. I didn't have that with Rosenior. 

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure when the mardarses on here are going to wake up and smell the coffee that Warne was given a 4 year contract so he ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

So bellyaching about getting Rosenoir back or why we brought him in when the players at the club don't fit into his footballing ethos might be helpful for your personal therapies but it isn't going to alter things one iota.

So get used to it and try and start supporting the guy as he's here for the long haul like it or lump it I'm afraid to tell you. 

This. 

Anyone would think we lost. 

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Come off it, he took over a side that would have been third had they won their games in hand and a side that were Arguably better in every game this season including the losses. Look at the stats from before… 

Im not saying it was all rosey before, it wasn’t but I don’t think we were far away from striking the right balance yet we’ve apparently thrown out the baby with the bath water in an attempt to rebalance. 

Was that deliberate

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Okay fair enough, I don’t think he’ll finish next season as our boss. 

I really hope I’m wrong and some fine tuning sorts us out but we’ve gone from a bunch of footballers who sometimes lacked the balls to look forwards with the ball to a team of men who can kick the ball long. 

I think when he has a couple of transfer windows under his belt that things will become far more transparent so yes next season could be the tipping point for him.

What's patently obvious is we now have a team in the loosest sense of the word cobbled together in the summer which we all know was out of total necessity and the balance, depth and quality of the players we have is totally inadequate. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

He took over a fragile side that couldn't win away. Rosenior had some pretty easy fixtures too, ones you'd expect us to win. To try and claim that there is any huge difference between the two so far is showing bias one side or the other. I think it's largely the same. Pretty inconsistent and fairly mid table so far.

We weren't close to the right balance with Rosenior. It's rose tinted glasses. We hadn't scored a goal away from home. Things are fairly meh at the moment, but I have some confidence in Warne that given some time and the right players, he can sort us out. I didn't have that with Rosenior. 

what do you base that on? We’ve been s****. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I think when he has a couple of transfer windows under his belt that things will become far more transparent so yes next season could be the tipping point for him.

What's patently obvious is we now have a team in the loosest sense of the word cobbled together in the summer which we all know was out of total necessity and the balance, depth and quality of the players we have is totally inadequate. 

Couldn't agree more. I don't think it is in any sense fair to judge a manager before they've been given chance to put their own players in to the squad. It's a bunch of frees and loans brought in by somebody else with different ideas. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He doesn't need to put in a 'hard tackle', he judges the play and puts his foot in to intercept wonderfully.

Hourihane just gets in his way - ask me what he does!

Yes sometimes he intercepts well im not saying he doesnt but He could intercept the ball alot more then he does. Also he courses us to lose the ball in midfield because of him being scared of the tackle as well as being split open because he goes towards the ball shys out which leaves big gaps which in recent weeks has made us concede penos from! If you achually watch the movement off the ball you will realise how much we are carrying him 

Just now, Andicis said:

Couldn't agree more. I don't think it is in any sense fair to judge a manager before they've been given chance to put their own players in to the squad. It's a bunch of frees and loans brought in by somebody else with different ideas. 

Wonderful, I can't wait to bring in Warne's 'brand' of player... 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I think you're blinded by bias here, personally. It wasn't great. It wasn't great before. 

It wasn’t great before and yet we were 7th and looked like we had a plan, it was just being executed poorly in terms of being layers not being brave enough to move forwards more quickly. 

We are currently bottom half and it is certainly worse than great. Aimless hoof ball. No patterns of play. Everything good that happens feels like it happens in spite of what the manager is trying to do with them.