FA cup

Foreveram

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

Everton fans….. and yep the camera had to zoom in on a half and half scarf. 
team america vomit GIF

Disgraceful. I saw the hipster clown on his phone with his scarf, Why? 

Why would a grown man attend Manchester United v Everton and buy a half and half scarf? They've played each other twice a season for most of the last 80 years ffs.

24 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Disgraceful. I saw the hipster clown on his phone with his scarf, Why? 

Why would a grown man attend Manchester United v Everton and buy a half and half scarf? They've played each other twice a season for most of the last 80 years ffs.

Probably the only game he’s ever been to, aren’t the league games sold out every game and a waiting list for season tickets?

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The club seem to have gauged demand for the game really well. By Sunday it looks as though there'll only be a few tickets left in the two stands that are open. Right now, this sort of efficient management is so important and points to the club being very well run. I wonder if we're currently managing to break even? A fantastic achievement if so.

I disagree, I think the club have underestimated the demand for this game. Th South stand is fine, with probably just enough tickets left for anyone who wants them. But for anyone that doesn’t want this stand with it’s implications of standing etc. are severely restricted. The East stand is effectively sold out with only about 100 or so single tickets left, which means that fans are now being shoe horned into the least popular area of the ground ie the North West corner. I think they should have opened the West stand upper which I think would have encouraged more fans to attend and also created a better atmosphere.

Also I can’t understand the logic of not selling tickets to away fans on the day, Barnsley tickets went off sale on Friday lunchtime, two whole days before kickoff with potentially 2,000 seats going unsold.

I do realise that the club has to be run efficiently but I do think they’ve failed to maximise the situation.

7 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I disagree, I think the club have underestimated the demand for this game. Th South stand is fine, with probably just enough tickets left for anyone who wants them. But for anyone that doesn’t want this stand with it’s implications of standing etc. are severely restricted. The East stand is effectively sold out with only about 100 or so single tickets left, which means that fans are now being shoe horned into the least popular area of the ground ie the North West corner. I think they should have opened the West stand upper which I think would have encouraged more fans to attend and also created a better atmosphere.

Also I can’t understand the logic of not selling tickets to away fans on the day, Barnsley tickets went off sale on Friday lunchtime, two whole days before kickoff with potentially 2,000 seats going unsold.

I do realise that the club has to be run efficiently but I do think they’ve failed to maximise the situation.

Disagree. Spreading fans out does not improve atmosphere, it actively does the opposite, so opening extra areas with no hope of filling it is a bad idea from that standpoint as well as stewarding etc. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Disagree. Spreading fans out does not improve atmosphere, it actively does the opposite, so opening extra areas with no hope of filling it is a bad idea from that standpoint as well as stewarding etc. 

You don’t think two stands, two thirds full is better than having half the ground empty?

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

No, I don’t. People spread out create a much worse atmosphere and it’s more expensive to run the stadium like that. 

So by your logic, for most games we should close the North stand until all the other seats have been sold.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

So by your logic, for most games we should close the North stand until all the other seats have been sold.

There isn’t enough room in the stadium for that. That’s pretty tragic whataboutism when we are specifically talking about a cup game with low attendance. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

There isn’t enough room in the stadium for that. That’s pretty tragic whataboutism when we are specifically talking about a cup game with low attendance. 

Regarding atmosphere, you can look at it 2 ways, either it's best to have support spread around the ground or by having fans all compact and together, they will be more inclined to join in the atmosphere. Hopefully, full south and east stands will create a decent atmosphere and will feel like a league game surrounded by other spectators, even though the stands opposite will be empty.

Cost wise, it's a no brainer for the club, they'll only need half the staff to man half the ground, only half the ground will need lighting, heating and cleaning after the game.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Some games we have only had 24,000 in the ground so if it was all about squeezing everyone together to create a better atmosphere and save some money we could have done that, but I don’t think anyone would seriously consider that.

Back to tomorrow’s game, The East stand is already sold out barring a few single tickets. It does not have to be jam packed full to create a decent atmosphere, I know cos I have a season ticket in there. Fans that normally sit in the West stand have been disrupted, how many of them have simply not bothered with the fixture because of this we don’t know. 
There is still almost 24 hours to the kickoff and fans are now being asked to buy tickets in the least popular area of the ground, when they could have been in the main stand, which I believe would have resulted in more tickets being sold. This is my opinion, you of course are entitled to yours.

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Some games we have only had 24,000 in the ground so if it was all about squeezing everyone together to create a better atmosphere and save some money we could have done that, but I don’t think anyone would seriously consider that.

Back to tomorrow’s game, The East stand is already sold out barring a few single tickets. It does not have to be jam packed full to create a decent atmosphere, I know cos I have a season ticket in there. Fans that normally sit in the West stand have been disrupted, how many of them have simply not bothered with the fixture because of this we don’t know. 
There is still almost 24 hours to the kickoff and fans are now being asked to buy tickets in the least popular area of the ground, when they could have been in the main stand, which I believe would have resulted in more tickets being sold. This is my opinion, you of course are entitled to yours.

What sort of person is put off by having to sit in a different stand?  It's hardly a great inconvenience.

3 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

What sort of person is put off by having to sit in a different stand?  It's hardly a great inconvenience.

I don’t know the answer, maybe we should have a poll asking why 10,000 people that have bought a season ticket don’t want to turn out tomorrow, when they do for the rest of the season.

5 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Some will have a gammy leg, and prefer an aisle seat... quite possibly on a particular end of a block, (as they only have one gammy leg!) and none were available by the time they looked at purchasing a ticket?
Some will prefer to be directly behind a staircase barrier, (Or front row of West stand upper?) as opposed to someone's head.
Some may have a bad neck, and can only look forward or to the right (Northern end of West Stand is closed, Southern end of East Stand can be a bit standy-uppy, and very close to those boisterous away fans!)
Some may prefer to be directly behind a goal... but not in an area infamous for standing, swearing, slurred speech, and drug-induced imbalance!
Some may only go in their usual group of 6 (friends or family), in two rows of three?  No other combination will do!

On a more serious note... there are even people out there who would simply not sit anywhere other than an aisle seat, as being mid-block leaves them feeling trapped, vulnerable, and unable to escape quickly enough, should a war-related panic attack ensue!  (Other causes of said panic attacks are almost certainly available, I presume?)  

We all pick our seats for various reasons.  Some are more choosy than others, yet none of us should be judged on it!