Portsmouth away

Yeah it’s a joke, all this football without fans is nothing, here they are moving a game where fans have to drive 3 hours+ back home at 10pm on a Friday night. 1am at best if you live in Derby and can get back in the car without a piss stop.

Public transport is not an option unless you stay over the night, adding to the expense of attending the game with hotels, food, drinks.

I’ll be honest, it’s a game I would never be able to get to with the new allocation rules so works out great for me, but that’s not what football is about, providing entertainment for those at home on their sofas should always be secondary.

If the governing bodies want empty stadiums, continue this way, ask the players, the staff what they would prefer.

Do the clubs not have to agree to these fixture changes, I’m sure they do so it’s incredibly poor by both clubs, if not, I apologise. 

Either way Sky Sports, you deserve the middle finger for this one. ?

If I’m honest, compared to what was discussed yesterday with tv rights this is probably the better of two evils.

Allowing 3pm KOs to be broadcasted will kill attendances. Especially with the cost of living going up. More people will stay at home and watch on Amazon etc. 

We might be annoyed now when the games get moved every so often but PP will be below 20k regularly if they go ahead with the short sited plans. Sure slightly more money in from tv rights but for a club like derby we’ll be out of pocket.

Portsmouth have had a rearranged game, er.. rearranged. They should have been playing our dear friends Wycombe on Saturday the 4th of December but it was moved to the Friday night to avoid the potential clash with England. Now it’s been moved to Sunday lunchtime for Sky. This is the weekend that lots of people were speculating our game against Wednesday would be picked.

9 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

If I’m honest, compared to what was discussed yesterday with tv rights this is probably the better of two evils.

Allowing 3pm KOs to be broadcasted will kill attendances. Especially with the cost of living going up. More people will stay at home and watch on Amazon etc. 

We might be annoyed now when the games get moved every so often but PP will be below 20k regularly if they go ahead with the short sited plans. Sure slightly more money in from tv rights but for a club like derby we’ll be out of pocket.

What was discussed!

2 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

The questions are:

1) If Portsmouth v Derby was on ITV, Saturday 3pm, would those same fans attend had the game not been on TV?

2) If Portsmouth v Derby is moved to Friday 8pm for Sky Sports, would those that would have attended had it been Saturday 3pm, still go on this new date?

For me, 2 has the potential to have a bigger impact on fans. I say this as despite what I said earlier, this is great for me being moved for TV, truth is, I would be able to watch at home on my 55” TV regardless of when the game is on through commonly known methods.

Difference now is really I can go to the pub and watch.

TV or not, football has it’s hardcore fans that will attend home/away regardless of being on TV, I truly believe that the odd Derby game being shown on ITV will not prevent those from going.

However if Sky Sports continue to make games inaccessible for fans by moving them outside of public transport times, you’re going to lose fans who simply cannot afford to soak up the additional costs.

They are so out of touch it’s unbelievable, we have the government talking about electricity blackouts this winter, household bills, food, fuel soaring, here Sky are basically saying look, you have to drive or spend more money now to attend this game, just so we can show it to thousands of neutral football fans that have no real interest in the outcome.

Funny thing is these net zero adverts they run, we care about environment, yet here they are forcing thousands of football fans away from using public transport. I don’t know how many fans one carriage can hold, but it’s a lot more than 1 family car and with no Roadrider this season the alternatives are what exactly….

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Absolute disgrace, how they can keep doing this sort of things to decent fans is beyond the pale....

......hang on, its 20 mins away from me by train. As you were everyone.....?

Me too, but I understand the issues and disappointment for Derby based fans! Looks like just you and me there then!!!!