Conor Hourihane

Poynton ram

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

I mean… it’s not either/or is it? One was a free kick, for a start. 

He looks as threatening in front of goal as Dobbin. Can we wait and waste our chances. Fine if you think so, I'd have preferred it to have been another player and left Smith in defence.

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh yeah that is what I meant. 

If you think that it's better that Smith gets into the box than Collins fine.

i didn't see him push Collins out of the way or tell him to defend. Indeed Collins was also there. It was noticable that both Bird and Smith got in the box more to create an extra threat. I do hope they stop.    

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep.

How many chances has he wasted? I like the lad but he's not exactly prolific is he? We scored one goal which was fortunately enough, other times it might not.

Several posters keep hitting Dobbin with the same stick and I don’t get the point in doing so. So he’s missed chances, plenty of players do. He scored the only goal last night which helped deliver 3 more points for the season. 

I just don’t get the comparison between an almost 32 year old midfielder converted to a right back who hasn’t scored in 5 years, with a 19 year old winger/striker who is learning his craft, scored last night, and is getting into positions to score consistently. You want to point out that Smith isn’t a goal threat just point to the fact he hasn’t been prolific in his career, no need to compare him to Dobbin is there? 
On the point of Smith getting into goal scoring positions himself perhaps that’s something the coaching team see as an option because Sibley is being targeted heavily by our opponents, Smith is an “unseen” threat on the opposite side. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I just don’t get the comparison between an almost 32 year old midfielder converted to a right back who hasn’t scored in 5 years, with a 19 year old winger/striker who is learning his craft, scored last night, and is getting into positions to score consistently. You want to point out that Smith isn’t a goal threat just point to the fact he hasn’t been prolific in his career, no need to compare him to Dobbin is there? 
On the point of Smith getting into goal scoring positions himself perhaps that’s something the coaching team see as an option because Sibley is being targeted heavily by our opponents, Smith is an “unseen” threat on the opposite side. 

The comparison is about the number of goals scored. You do get it.

As for Smith being an 'unseen' threat how right you are.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

i didn't see him push Collins out of the way or tell him to defend. Indeed Collins was also there. It was noticable that both Bird and Smith got in the box more to create an extra threat. I do hope they stop.    

I hope they score. ?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

The comparison is about the number of goals scored. You do get it.

As for Smith being an 'unseen' threat how right you are.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He looks as threatening in front of goal as Dobbin. Can we wait and waste our chances.

Your original comment was that Smith looks as threatening in front of goal as Dobbin. It was clearly meant in a disparaging manner. Dobbin looks to be more of a goal threat to my eyes, he has pace and movement that leads to him being in goal scoring positions. Improved confidence and composure will see him score more goals in his career, so the comparison to Smith you offered doesn’t make sense.

If the comparison you made is meant to highlight the number of goals scored to show Smith isn’t a goal threat, Dobbin has 3 for the season and Smith has 0. Could Dobbin improve? Yes, does he need dragging into a conversation implying Smith isn’t a viable goal threat…no. That’s the bit I don’t get, you’ve brought Dobbin into the conversation to try and prove a point and it’s unnecessary.

Just now, Srg said:

You’ve missed the point. They haven’t scored recently so they must avoid getting in the box. If you score, you get an entry pass to the box for the next game. 

Ah..So now Collins hasn't score for a while, is he banned? I'm sure we'll be ok with just Dobbin, McGoldrick and NML. I hope they don't get injured or it's hope for a nil nil ?

12 minutes ago, Thameram said:

i thought we lost the midfield when ch went off knight runs around pressing a lot but vacates the centre leaving a big hole when playing in a 2 personally i would recall bielik regardless of the cost he's a game changer and now fully fit thanks to brum and poland

Really hope Warne can persuade Bielik to come back, especially now he's fit.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Hourihane has so much ability but moments like his Peter Kay ‘ave it! clearance last night astound me.

I noticed this a few times in the Bolton game. Maybe it's his way of rebelling against the tactic of aimless balls forward. 

I really don't know but as you say it's out of keeping with his ability and footballing intelligence. 

Edited by Steve How Hard?
missed word

33 minutes ago, Srg said:

You’ve missed the point. They haven’t scored recently so they must avoid getting in the box. If you score, you get an entry pass to the box for the next game. 

Glad you get the point. Wouldn't want you to miss it. It's Wildsmith's turn next.

Edited by RoyMac5

42 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

...Your original comment was that Smith looks as threatening in front of goal as Dobbin. It was clearly meant in a disparaging manner. Dobbin looks to be more of a goal threat to my eyes, he has pace and movement that leads to him being in goal scoring positions. Improved confidence and composure will see him score more goals in his career, so the comparison to Smith you offered doesn’t make sense.

They both got into threatening positions, and they both should have done better. The goals scored column for them both show that.

Dobbin will undoubtedly score more goals in his career, and tbh the way Collins has looked recently I'd rather he was playing there.

But that wasn't the point.

Edited by RoyMac5