Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

On what basis do you and others make this assumption? He has never been quoted saying anything like this, he said that he wanted to play above lg1 because his national coach stipulated it for going to the world cup, which is now over and he says that he's very happy at Blues, he's not going to say otherwise, is he? Look at Osula, despite not really getting enough game time at Derby, he's being nothing but complimentary about our club.

Now let's look at some facts, Blues must be paying a significant part of his wages and if he was to come back it would prevent us signing 2 or 3 players who are more urgently required in other positions on the park. If, come the end of the transfer window, PW hasn't been able to make the signings that he wants and we have enough money in the wages pot, I would imagine that we would recall him.

If enough people keep saying that he doesn't want to come back, what kind of reception will he get when he comes back? Straight away, he'll become another 'booboy', which will help destroy the harmony of the club.

If people are going to make damaging claims that players don't want to play for the club, at least back it up with some evidence.

Warne spoke of the possibility of getting him back to Derby, confirming that we have a recall in the loan this January - HOWEVER, said that he wouldn't want any prisoners and wouldn't bring him back if he didn't want to come back. Lo and behold, he's not returned and the club have confirmed he will be staying at Birmingham for this season. 

I don't think it's a conspiracy to suggest that he has decided against coming back to Derby to continue playing in the Championship.  

Derby have been unbelievably unlucky with Bielik. First time since he’s signed that he’s not got injured after 10 matches and it’s whilst he’s on loan at brum. 

Personally I’d have opened up and auction for him to see who is interested. Can only imagine he’s staying at brum because A. We’ll bring him back in to the loop next season if we get promoted. B. Nobody is that interested at paying a price we want. 

After thought: maybe now it’s confirmed that any transfer money won’t make a damn difference to incomings there’s really no point in forcing him out? 

Edited by TomTom92

30 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Warne spoke of the possibility of getting him back to Derby, confirming that we have a recall in the loan this January - HOWEVER, said that he wouldn't want any prisoners and wouldn't bring him back if he didn't want to come back. Lo and behold, he's not returned and the club have confirmed he will be staying at Birmingham for this season. 

I don't think it's a conspiracy to suggest that he has decided against coming back to Derby to continue playing in the Championship.  

You don't think the clubs finances have a bigger say in whether he plays for us or not?

We're under a business plan and he's on big wages.   Suits us to have him out on loan. 

Theres a whiff of PR about the hostage comments.  I don't reckon those above PW want Bielik back.

Edited by Blondest Goat

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Derby have been unbelievably unlucky with Bielik. First time since he’s signed that he’s not got injured after 10 matches and it’s whilst he’s on loan at brum. 

Personally I’d have opened up and auction for him to see who is interested. Can only imagine he’s staying at brum because A. We’ll bring him back in to the loop next season if we get promoted. B. Nobody is that interested at paying a price we want. 

After thought: maybe now it’s confirmed that any transfer money won’t make a damn difference to incomings there’s really no point in forcing him out? 

It won't but it will make a difference to FFP going forward in wages off the books and him not leaving on free.  Looking past this 2 years on the naughty step, a transfer fee is better.

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

The fact that he’s playing for Birmingham and not Derby for a start. Yes I know the Poland manager stated he would need to be playing in the champ etc but the same rules didn’t apply for other polish players playing in league 1 did it? Poland don’t exactly have a dearth of talent, if he was playing well in a team doing well in league 1 he still would have gone to the World Cup. He chose to put his international aspirations above his commitment to his club side, that’s how it made it clear he doesn’t want to be here imo.

I've asked you to provide evidence to back up the above statement, which you haven't provided, probably because no other lg1 or even championship players were in the Poland squad. Please don't make up stories knocking Derby players, if want to make a point please back it up with proper evidence. For what it's worth, as a life long Derby fan, I'd have gone to Blues for one season, if it meant having a chance to play in the World Cup Finals.

To be honest, I don't believe that Bielik fits the mold for a PW player, he doesn't display the energy that PW demands. Even Hourihane has started to put a shift in, after weeks of training with PW. Bielik is much more a 'quarterback' style of player playing quite a static role.

The evidence would suggest that Bielik's wages are in excess of £20k per week, Blues will be a high proportion of this and Derby need to spend those wages more wisely. 

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

I've asked you to provide evidence to back up the above statement, which you haven't provided, probably because no other lg1 or even championship players were in the Poland squad. Please don't make up stories knocking Derby players, if want to make a point please back it up with proper evidence. For what it's worth, as a life long Derby fan, I'd have gone to Blues for one season, if it meant having a chance to play in the World Cup Finals.

To be honest, I don't believe that Bielik fits the mold for a PW player, he doesn't display the energy that PW demands. Even Hourihane has started to put a shift in, after weeks of training with PW. Bielik is much more a 'quarterback' style of player playing quite a static role.

The evidence would suggest that Bielik's wages are in excess of £20k per week, Blues will be a high proportion of this and Derby need to spend those wages more wisely. 

Agree with your first paragraph, but not necessarily with the rest.

As you mentioned, Hourihane has started being a lot more involved and getting around the pitch more in recent games. With the right training, then Bielik could do this too. However, I think Bielik would suit a back 3 in Warne's favoured 3-5-2 formation that worked for him at Rotherham and he tried early on with us.

Our back line has been steady and consistent because both Cashin and Fozzy are confident on the ball and can pick a pass when needed. I love Davies, but he struggles under pressure when passing around the back and will rarely make a forward pass or accurate long ball from the back. Same with Stearman. Bielik would be able to do this role and would be an asset to us if he was to come back (which looks unlikely this season).

2 hours ago, roboto said:

Agree with your first paragraph, but not necessarily with the rest.

As you mentioned, Hourihane has started being a lot more involved and getting around the pitch more in recent games. With the right training, then Bielik could do this too. However, I think Bielik would suit a back 3 in Warne's favoured 3-5-2 formation that worked for him at Rotherham and he tried early on with us.

Our back line has been steady and consistent because both Cashin and Fozzy are confident on the ball and can pick a pass when needed. I love Davies, but he struggles under pressure when passing around the back and will rarely make a forward pass or accurate long ball from the back. Same with Stearman. Bielik would be able to do this role and would be an asset to us if he was to come back (which looks unlikely this season).

A good point there, I think that he would suit a one of the back three, where is mobility would not be such an issue. With his distribution, it would allow the likes of Bird and Hourihane to play more advanced. It's took Hourihane 3 months to get up to speed, I don't think that we have that much time with Bielik, however, a good tough pre-season should see him up to pace for the start of next season. 

The problem with the 3-5-2 system is that I don't think that it suits Barks and NML, 2 key players atm.

"Speaking ahead of the clash against Cheltenham this weekend, Warne said: "I am led to believe he is staying at Birmingham for the remainder of the season.

"I haven't spoke to him since the World Cup and he was like my famous friend during it. It's not very often I text a World Cup player. I saw his game and thought he did all right so I thoroughly enjoyed that. But no he's not coming back here during this window."

Edited by RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Speaking ahead of the clash against Cheltenham this weekend, Warne said: "I am led to believe he is staying at Birmingham for the remainder of the season.

"I haven't spoke to him since the World Cup and he was like my famous friend during it. It's not very often I text a World Cup player. I saw his game and thought he did all right so I thoroughly enjoyed that. But no he's not coming back here during this window."

That's that then.  He can Feck off.  Let's hope he's not back here as a 12 month passenger next year with a bust knee and messing up our FFP on a free transfer.  Move along. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That's that then.  He can Feck off.  Let's hope he's not back here as a 12 month passenger next year with a bust knee and messing up our FFP on a free transfer.  Move along. 

The club have decided against recalling him, why hold that against the player? It suits all parties, we honour the agreement made last summer, hopefully we get promoted this season and he rejoins the squad in the summer as a playing and/or saleable asset. 

“The Rams had the option of recalling the Poland international from a season-long loan deal this month, but they will not be taking that opportunity.

And with Derby not struggling for quality in the midfield department, allied with the player's wages given he is the Rams' top earner, they are happy for him to stay at St Andrew's.“

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The club have decided against recalling him, why hold that against the player? It suits all parties, we honour the agreement made last summer, hopefully we get promoted this season and he rejoins the squad in the summer as a playing and/or saleable asset. 

“The Rams had the option of recalling the Poland international from a season-long loan deal this month, but they will not be taking that opportunity.

And with Derby not struggling for quality in the midfield department, allied with the player's wages given he is the Rams' top earner, they are happy for him to stay at St Andrew's.“

I'm not swallowing that rhetoric. He clearly had no intention of coming back, he's made no noises about happily coming back prior to any decision. He hasn't contacted his manager for a month and that tells me all I need to know.  I hope there is still an option to recall and sell if the opportunity arises before this all goes tits up and we have a crock on our hands 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not swallowing that rhetoric. He clearly had no intention of coming back, he's made no noises about happily coming back prior to any decision. He hasn't contacted his manager for a month and that tells me all I need to know.  I hope there is still an option to recall and sell if the opportunity arises before this all goes tits up and we have a crock on our hands 

Perhaps he figures he's more chance of sealing a move somewhere else if he's seen as a Polish international (before his stunning WC is forgotten) playing in the Championship. If it makes him easier to sell all well and good.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He didn’t HAVE to come back unless the club told him to. The club agreed a season long loan deal which included a recall clause, they have decided not to recall him.  
His current manager isn’t Paul Warne so I’m not sure what communication you’re expecting? Also communication is normally a 2 way thing, there has been no contact from either party as the club are content to honour the loan agreement and see where things are in the summer.
Whether you want to “swallow that rhetoric” or not is irrelevant, the communication from the club is that he’s staying put and that’s it, I don’t get the need to generate hate towards the player.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps he figures he's more chance of sealing a move somewhere else if he's seen as a Polish international (before his stunning WC is forgotten) playing in the Championship. If it makes him easier to sell all well and good.

I’d imagine he feels like this league a little beneath him at this stage - and I don’t fully disagree with him on that one. Especially when you factor in he likely realises the mortality of his career given his injuries, and wants to get as high as he possibly can. 

I’m sure if we did somehow get ourselves up this season and there wasn’t some outstanding offer that he would come back and play without problems. 

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Just like I haven't heard Osula, Dobbin and Roberts make any noises going back to their teams, which all play in higher leagues. 

I don't know Bielik's thoughts on coming back to Derby, but until I hear actual evidence saying otherwise, I'll believe that he still has loyalty to this club.

The club's financial situation is well known and the most obvious reason for him staying at Blues, is a financial one. Bielik returning to the club would reduce our capacity to signing maybe one cheap player. Would anyone choose to have Bielik back rather signing a decent full back and a decent striker?

Why are 'supporters' slagging off our own players without any firm evidence? It's comments like these which can only contribute to disharmony at the club. Sometimes, even if you feel strongly about something, you need to keep it to yourself, for the greater good, whether it's family, friends or our beloved football club.

37 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

On the contrary. The fact that Warne hasn’t contacted him since the World Cup tells me that it’s never been in the clubs plans to bring him back.

I way I read the situation is that Bielik is just getting on with his loan period and, unless he hates it there or wasn’t getting any game time, I wouldn’t expect him to make any noises about coming back early and upsetting the club (and their fans) he currently plays for.

I really don’t understand this animosity towards him.

28 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Just like I haven't heard Osula, Dobbin and Roberts make any noises going back to their teams, which all play in higher leagues. 

I don't know Bielik's thoughts on coming back to Derby, but until I hear actual evidence saying otherwise, I'll believe that he still has loyalty to this club.

The club's financial situation is well known and the most obvious reason for him staying at Blues, is a financial one. Bielik returning to the club would reduce our capacity to signing maybe one cheap player. Would anyone choose to have Bielik back rather signing a decent full back and a decent striker?

Why are 'supporters' slagging off our own players without any firm evidence? It's comments like these which can only contribute to disharmony at the club. Sometimes, even if you feel strongly about something, you need to keep it to yourself, for the greater good, whether it's family, friends or our beloved football club.

I'll have any opinion that suits me fella and comment as I choose. I'll look forward to us not being able to sign anyone for money in a year when he leaves on a free and our FFP sucks up the loss

26 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

On the contrary. The fact that Warne hasn’t contacted him since the World Cup tells me that it’s never been in the clubs plans to bring him back.

I way I read the situation is that Bielik is just getting on with his loan period and, unless he hates it there or wasn’t getting any game time, I wouldn’t expect him to make any noises about coming back early and upsetting the club (and their fans) he currently plays for.

I really don’t understand this animosity towards him.

Has he contacted Warne.  Appears not.  Warne said he'd like him back and would chat to him after the world cup.  Nothings happened

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He didn’t HAVE to come back unless the club told him to. The club agreed a season long loan deal which included a recall clause, they have decided not to recall him.  
His current manager isn’t Paul Warne so I’m not sure what communication you’re expecting? Also communication is normally a 2 way thing, there has been no contact from either party as the club are content to honour the loan agreement and see where things are in the summer.
Whether you want to “swallow that rhetoric” or not is irrelevant, the communication from the club is that he’s staying put and that’s it, I don’t get the need to generate hate towards the player.

Those no hate just disappointment that he's been accommodated excessively over the last 6 months and clearly couldn't give a stuff. I would expect him to call the manager of the club he's contracted to for a chat regardless.  That's clearly beneath him.