The Big Giveaway

SK47

Following on from our traumatic result yesterday, throwing away a 2 goal lead against 1 of 2 teams I hate most on the planet will probably haunt me for a little while longer than most.

But what is your game that you remember most where we have threw away a lead or got beaten by a team we shouldn't have?

Can anyone top the 10 minute 3 goal meltdown away to Rotherham for example? 

Let's hear them! 

You get an extra 50 points if you can recall us getting promoted in the same season (to give me hope ?)

1 minute ago, SK47 said:

Following on from our traumatic result yesterday, throwing away a 2 goal lead against 1 of 2 teams I hate most on the planet will probably haunt me for a little while longer than most.

But what is your game that you remember most where we have threw away a lead or got beaten by a team we shouldn't have?

Can anyone top the 10 minute 3 goal meltdown away to Rotherham for example? 

Let's hear them! 

You get an extra 50 points if you can recall us getting promoted in the same season (to give me hope ?)

Do we really want to re live such painful memories?

I’m sure the mighty Posh did us 2-3 after we’d been 2-0 up around 2011?

Can’t remember if it was home or away as I didn’t go?

Another one was v Colin’s QPR at PP when they scored 2 in injury time to get a draw, that was sickener.

Edited by Grumpy Git

QPR and Birmingham at Pride Park in recent years. 2-0 up to 2-2 both in added time. 

Unlike yesterdays opponent, both teams were never in the game in the 90 mins, just absolutely did us in added time. I swear 5 mins added time ended up being about 9 mins in both games too. Pain. 

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Didnt we give away a 3-0 lead at home to Dirty Leeds? Hubby mentioned he remembered that as far worse yesterday. And as someone mentioned yes we were winning 2-0 away at "posh", hubby insisted we change to better seats at half time and we lost - I never bring that up!

It was away at Leeds

Leeds away 3 - 0 HT, 5 -0 FT 1974/1975 left at half time for had a wedding reception to attend that night, and Derby was never at the races,  only time left early.

Lorry driver mate at the time was in London overnight, went to the Spurs v Derby cup replay, losing 3 - 1 with about 10 mins to go, left early next morning his landlady said you did well last night, controling his rage he left for his journey home, stopped at a transport cafe, bought a paper saw Derby had won 5 - 3 in extra time with Roger Davies scoring 3, did he get some stick in the pub.

I don't see this thread as being remotely helpful.

Why don't you start a thread with do you remember the game when we were 2 goals down with ten minutes left to prove that the converse can also happen. 

If the players and manager allow yesterday's result to define their season then that's criminal.

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't see this thread as being remotely helpful.

Why don't you start a thread with do you remember the game when we were 2 goals down with ten minutes left to prove that the converse can also happen. 

If the players and manager allow yesterday's result to define their season then that's criminal.

It would be even more criminal if a thread of an internet forum helped define their season.

On 04/09/2022 at 08:57, Mr Tibbs said:

QPR and Birmingham at Pride Park in recent years. 2-0 up to 2-2 both in added time. 

Unlike yesterdays opponent, both teams were never in the game in the 90 mins, just absolutely did us in added time. I swear 5 mins added time ended up being about 9 mins in both games too. Pain. 

Weirdly it's that Birmingham one for me as well, more so than some of the play off ones... The ref was awful all game and it just felt like he was going to play on until Birmingham equalised... 4 mins injury time did indeed become about 9 mins...