Hitchcock Diseases

sage

I've been diagnosed with Vertigo which isn't much fun if you like driving, drinking and being able to stand still for more than 20 seconds. 

I was wondering, what would make a better illness to suffer from that is the Title of a Hitchcock film

18 minutes ago, sage said:

I've been diagnosed with Vertigo which isn't much fun if you like driving, drinking and being able to stand still for more than 20 seconds. 

I was wondering, what would make a better illness to suffer from that is the Title of a Hitchcock film

I think you must be a bit giddy starting this thread. Keep your chin up Sage (really, don’t look down)

16 minutes ago, sage said:

I’ve been having trouble with my Rear Window.  The doc said it was caused by a Torn Curtain. ?

But apart from that… Get well soon mate. 

… That’s assuming vertigo is something that can be cured/alleviated?  ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, sage said:

Good luck with that. Had a bout of that earlier in the year. Came on so quickly and without any real  warning signs. Feared the worst and thought it was something more sinister. 

Only thing that alleviated the symptoms was sitting or lying down. Took me about 5 weeks to get back to some form of normality. All the best. 

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Good luck with that. Had a bout of that earlier in the year. Came on so quickly and without any real  warning signs. Feared the worst and thought it was something more sinister. 

Only thing that alleviated the symptoms was sitting or lying down. Took me about 5 weeks to get back to some form of normality. All the best. 

9 months with me.  Felt like I'd had 10 pints everyday.  Crystals in the ear dislodged by a virus I didn't know I had they reckoned.  Eventually wore off but bloody awful.  Labyrinthitis is the normal culprit which I had years back and is common now -there's a link with stress and everyone I know seems far more so than they were 10-15 years ago- but anti virals on the market can normally shift it in 2-3 weeks. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

Birds. Like crabs, but with birds. 

my wife had vertigo just before lock down. She’d been off work for nearly 6 months with it simply cos she couldn’t drive to work. They were just talking about setting her to work from home when lock down came and suddenly it wasn’t as big a problem as they were making out.

Hers was traced back to something viral in the ear, and it went away eventually. Took a while though. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

9 months with me.  Felt like I'd had 10 pints everyday.  Crystals in the ear dislodged by a virus I didn't know I had they reckoned.  Eventually wore off but bloody awful.  Labyrinthitis is the normal culprit which I had years back and is common now -there's a link with stress and everyone I know seems far more so than they were 10-15 years ago- but anti virals on the market can normally shift it in 2-3 weeks. 

Blimey, 9 months is a long time to have those symptoms. Most have drove you bonkers. Same as you I felt permanently drunk which normally you'd think is great with the price of alcohol these days. However I also felt like I had a hangover at the same time which ain't a great combination. 

Always thought of it as a minor ailment until I realised how debilitating the symptoms are. Anyone that has it has my utmost sympathy. 

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Blimey, 9 months is a long time to have those symptoms. Most have drove you bonkers. Same as you I felt permanently drunk which normally you'd think is great with the price of alcohol these days. However I also felt like I had a hangover at the same time which ain't a great combination. 

Always thought of it as a minor ailment until I realised how debilitating the symptoms are. Anyone that has it has my utmost sympathy. 

It was grim and weirdly tuned in your senses.  If there was a bit of noise it would make you agitated as it seemed really load.  Somedays worse than others.  I wouldn't like to repeat it. 

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Good Lord. 

I have had it continuously since Friday but have had sporadic temporary occurances for 3 or 4 years. 

I'm on some tablets to break the crystals up and hope to make the game on Saturday 

12 hours ago, sage said:

I use over the counter travel sickness pills to help with the symptoms of this.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Good Lord. 

I have had it continuously since Friday but have had sporadic temporary occurances for 3 or 4 years. 

I'm on some tablets to break the crystals up and hope to make the game on Saturday 

Hope you're feeling better quickly. Like many on here, have suffered with this in the past. It's one of the most horrible things to have, you have my sympathy.

On 30/08/2022 at 21:36, sage said:

I've had it a couple of times but it gradually wore off after a couple of days. It's like being on a crazy roundabout or that awful feeling when you are so drunk that the room spins round.

Hope it passes soon, Sage. It is deeply unpleasant.

7 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I've had it a couple of times but it gradually wore off after a couple of days. It's like being on a crazy roundabout or that awful feeling when you are so drunk that the room spins round.

Hope it passes soon, Sage. It is deeply unpleasant.

Cheers

Started on Friday with it, started tablets Tuesday and just starting to improve this evening.