World Cup Qatar Travel

TigerTedd

Is anyone planning to go this winter?

Now the Lionesses have shown the way, maybe the Lions can emulate their achievement.

Thought it’d be worth having a thread to discuss travel plans. But also, an opportunity for a cheap plug:

My wife is a travel concierge and she’s just had a whole bunch of special exclusive World Cup offers released to her. DM me for more information, or you can contact her directly through her Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/travelbyangeladialaflight

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Now the Lionesses have shown the way, maybe the Lions can emulate their achievement.

Thought it’d be worth having a thread to discuss travel plans. But also, an opportunity for a cheap plug:

My wife is a travel concierge and she’s just had a whole bunch of special exclusive World Cup offers released to her. DM me for more information, or you can contact her directly through her Facebook page:

Nope no interest whatsoever in this from me. Won’t even watch it on TV. 

5 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Nope no interest whatsoever in this from me. Won’t even watch it on TV. 

That’s a strong attitude. We’ve actually got half a chance of winning it for once, if the stars align, and maybe they take some inspiration from the ladies.

have you become that disenfranchised by England, or is that just a boycott of Qatar?

I do actually find the whole Qatar thing quite distasteful, but no more so than I found Russia, and I ended up watching that. 

It’ll be fairly ironic if the USA ends up a complete cluster in 4 years time, with trump back in charge. How hard is it to pick a country that’s not totally devoid of morals and integrity. Oh yeah, that’s kind of impossible when it goes to whoever has the fattest brown envelope.

despite all that, I’ll still end up supporting England, and if I had the means, I’d love to go and experience a World Cup. 

38 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

That’s a strong attitude. We’ve actually got half a chance of winning it for once, if the stars align, and maybe they take some inspiration from the ladies.

have you become that disenfranchised by England, or is that just a boycott of Qatar?

I do actually find the whole Qatar thing quite distasteful, but no more so than I found Russia, and I ended up watching that. 

It’ll be fairly ironic if the USA ends up a complete cluster in 4 years time, with trump back in charge. How hard is it to pick a country that’s not totally devoid of morals and integrity. Oh yeah, that’s kind of impossible when it goes to whoever has the fattest brown envelope.

despite all that, I’ll still end up supporting England, and if I had the means, I’d love to go and experience a World Cup. 

I’ve never been particularly interested in International football unless there is a Rams interest. However I do have strong ethics and the number of deaths of workers who were “ employed “ in slave like conditions makes this World Cup a massive no from me. 
just my opinion others have different ones. 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Spelling

14 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I’ve never been particularly interested in International football unless there is a Rams interest. However I do have strong ethics and the number of deaths of workers who were “ employed “ in slave like conditions makes this World Cup a massive no from me. 
just my opinion others have different ones. 

Paul Breitner refused to go because of the political situation in Argentina in 78. Quite a statement when Germany were normally a likely winner as per usual and he was one of their best players.

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Paul Breitner refused to go because of the political situation in Argentina in 78. Quite a statement when Germany were normally a likely winner as per usual and he was one of their best players.

It would be interesting to see if any countries or players do put their money where their mouth is and boycott. I know Norway we’re talking about it.

In one way it would be good to see, but it would be typical in the one year where we really might have a shot. And what about the poor Welsh.

I think an approach I would take is to turn up, and then be really disruptive. So as a player I’d have a T-shirt on under my shirt saying ‘down with corruption’ or something, and reveal that when I score.

What are they going to do at that point if all the players and all the teams do it?

but then I was hoping to see a bit more of that in Russia, a few more rainbow armbands and things. But not much seemed to happen in the end. 

On 04/08/2022 at 22:08, Boycie said:

@therams69does one of these independent travel schemes too I think?

I do indeed run my own travel business, thank you for the shout out Boycie lad.

If anyone wishes to reach me you can on the various social media platforms...

However, I have opted against selling any WC packages. I know and work with the supplier who is offering these packages. Basically for those that don't know, you can only get hotel rooms in Qatar once you have a match ticket so sure you can imagine that the prices are inflated already. Also packages to other areas of the UAE.

As a football fan, obviously why I am here, I hold ticket prices dear to my heart. I can get access to all the tickets for the Champions League Final, World Cup Final blah blah but the prices dont sit right with me so I do not advertise them.

Some of the prices I have seen, not so much for the early stages of the WC but for other games are just ludicrous. I just dont wish to be in that game when I actively promote twenty is plenty! LOL!

Thanks again for the shout out Boycie.

On 04/08/2022 at 13:20, TigerTedd said:

No interest whatsoever. The tournament was awarded to Qatar as a result of high level bribery and corruption. Thousands of migrant workers have died in the process of building the stadia and infrastructure. 

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/23/revealed-migrant-worker-deaths-qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022

14 minutes ago, europia said:

No interest whatsoever. The tournament was awarded to Qatar as a result of high level bribery and corruption. Thousands of migrant workers have died in the process of building the stadia and infrastructure. 

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/23/revealed-migrant-worker-deaths-qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022

You’re not wrong. But if we make it to the final, are you really not going to at least glance at it on the tv.

it’s certainly not a great one for my wife to try to market with her fledgling company, to be honest. I can’t morally get behind it. But there are sue hard England fans that will follow the team wherever they go, and they’ve got to buy their tickets somewhere. The stadiums will be full enough.

we had a travel agency during the Brazil World Cup. That was a much better one to work on, as you could incorporate all sorts of great adventures and excursions between matches. I really enjoyed planning some of those. It’s just a shame we were a bit crap back then, so no one really wanted to go for the football. 

this time round the football is more of draw, but the location is crap (for a multitude of reasons).

I wonder if it would taint it if we finally win the thing, but in a corrupt location. Like winning a gold medal at the nazi olympics. Is it something you show off with pride?

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I’s certainly not a great one for my wife to try to market with her fledgling company, to be honest. I can’t morally get behind it. But there are sue hard England fans that will follow the team wherever they go, and they’ve got to buy their tickets somewhere. The stadiums will be full enough.

Gibbo, is that you? ?

21 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I wonder if it would taint it if we finally win the thing, but in a corrupt location. Like winning a gold medal at the nazi olympics. Is it something you show off with pride?

Not a chance in hell, We'll get through the group stage or should do, Then Mr Nice Southgate will conjure up a get out of Qatar free card.

23 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

You’re not wrong. But if we make it to the final, are you really not going to at least glance at it on the tv.

it’s certainly not a great one for my wife to try to market with her fledgling company, to be honest. I can’t morally get behind it. But there are sue hard England fans that will follow the team wherever they go, and they’ve got to buy their tickets somewhere. The stadiums will be full enough.

we had a travel agency during the Brazil World Cup. That was a much better one to work on, as you could incorporate all sorts of great adventures and excursions between matches. I really enjoyed planning some of those. It’s just a shame we were a bit crap back then, so no one really wanted to go for the football. 

this time round the football is more of draw, but the location is crap (for a multitude of reasons).

I'm fairly certain that in their desperation, the England faithful would happily celebrate a tournament win if the Taliban were the hosts and Putin was handing out the medals. 

On 15/08/2022 at 18:36, Unlucky Alf said:

Not a chance in hell, We'll get through the group stage or should do, Then Mr Nice Southgate will conjure up a get out of Qatar free card.

If we win our group, we then play runners up in group A, likely Ecuador, but maybe Netherlands. 

If we won that, we will likely face France in the qtr final if their bit of the draw goes to form. 

If we came second in group and managed to prevail vs Netherlands /Ecuador who win group A, then our most likely qtr final opponent would be Argentina. 

So this time, not a lucky draw and a likely qtr final exit. 

On 16/08/2022 at 23:05, Van der MoodHoover said:

If we win our group, we then play runners up in group A, likely Ecuador, but maybe Netherlands. 

If we won that, we will likely face France in the qtr final if their bit of the draw goes to form. 

If we came second in group and managed to prevail vs Netherlands /Ecuador who win group A, then our most likely qtr final opponent would be Argentina. 

So this time, not a lucky draw and a likely qtr final exit. 

Are you on turbo boost today?  ?