World Cup Qatar Travel

TigerTedd

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I have no desire to put money into or visit what is akin to a modern slave state and I probably won't bother watching it this time around.  Absolute travesty that they've gotten the world cup that will be devoid of atmosphere, love and fun. 

Easy to say on here you won’t be watching, if we get to the final I hope you’ve got a ladder to dismount that high horse.?

Would you rather the FA had boycotted the games?

I admire your commitment, but it won’t change anything.

17 hours ago, Boycie said:

Easy to say on here you won’t be watching, if we get to the final I hope you’ve got a ladder to dismount that high horse.?

Would you rather the FA had boycotted the games?

I admire your commitment, but it won’t change anything.

I actually would rather the FA and others boycott the tournament yes. Let's make no bones about it, Qatar and the UAE have engaged in extensive sports washing. They've been using massive investment in tournaments and teams to lighten their image, raise their soft power levels and hope that we ignore their terrible crimes against their own and others citizens. The mealy mouthed excuses are inexcusable and the hypocrisy staggering given how so many players are taking the knee for 'social justice'. It's a  f****ng joke.  

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I actually would rather the FA and others boycott the tournament yes. Let's make no bones about it, Qatar and the UAE have engaged in extensive sports washing. They've been using massive investment in tournaments and teams to lighten their image, raise their soft power levels and hope that we ignore their terrible crimes against their own and others citizens. The mealy mouthed excuses are inexcusable and the hypocrisy staggering given how so many players are taking the knee for 'social justice'. It's a  f****ng joke.  

It’s coming home mate. ?