Sean Robertson - Signed for Forest Green Rovers

Ram1988

I think after last nights performance he deserves his own thread. A free agent after leaving Crystal Palace, surley he made a strong case for talks about a possible contract last night? Appears that he can play right wing or right back.

Shame we don't have another friendly to play him in.

43 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I think after last nights performance he deserves his own thread. A free agent after leaving Crystal Palace, surley he made a strong case for talks about a possible contract last night? Appears that he can play right wing or right back.

Shame we don't have another friendly to play him in.

We do. U21s play Matlock Friday. 

19 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Signing recently released youngsters with an excellent attitude and a point to prove is infinitely better - not to mention more exciting - than the approach which got us into financial strife and ultimately out of the Championship in the wrong direction. 

It’s part of the approach Brentford had before they could stretch their budget a little further.

5 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

"League One side Derby County have decided to take right-back Sean Robertson on trial, with the former Crystal Palace defender playing in the Rams’ friendly against Alfreton Town last night. 

He impressed many with his performance despite the East Midlands side’s surprising defeat to the non-league side, even managing to get himself on the scoresheet as he reduced the deficit for the third-tier side.

Liam Rosenior’s men are arguably in need of another right-back regardless of Nathan Byrne’s future, though the latter’s potential departure would increase the need for another option in this position with the club still needing to strengthen in certain areas."

?

But the trial bit seems to be from Nixons Patreon posts.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"League One side Derby County have decided to take right-back Sean Robertson on trial, with the former Crystal Palace defender playing in the Rams’ friendly against Alfreton Town last night. 

He impressed many with his performance despite the East Midlands side’s surprising defeat to the non-league side, even managing to get himself on the scoresheet as he reduced the deficit for the third-tier side.

Liam Rosenior’s men are arguably in need of another right-back regardless of Nathan Byrne’s future, though the latter’s potential departure would increase the need for another option in this position with the club still needing to strengthen in certain areas."

?

But the trial bit seems to be from Nixons Patreon posts.

I would submit, My Lud, that Mr Nixon needs no evidence to reach a verdict.

17 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I would submit, My Lud, that Mr Nixon needs no evidence to reach a verdict.

The quote wasn't Nixon's but the footballleagueworld.co.uk posters, don't know where they got their 'info' from.

Edited by RoyMac5

I think he has obvious talent and appears young and hungry which will supplement the experienced heads we have signed. We also plays in two positions we are light in (RB and outwide) so it is a no brainer for me to start discussions. He will get much more first team football with us than Sheff Utd too.

He shouldn't have crazy wage demands either.