Return of The Ram match programme!

StarterForTen

Just spotted this on the Ignition Sports Media website...

https://www.ignitionsportsmedia.com/collections/derby-county-1

Ignition do loads of club's programmes - I get copies posted out for other clubs too just to see what is out there. Just put a call in to them and they confirmed it will be a 52-page edition with laminated cover and spine.

Think the monthly magazine might have been dropped.

There were a few posts on one of the Derby facebook pages from programme sellers saying they've been brought back in to sell programmes again. Fantastic news for sure as I know quite a few people were upset at losing a matchday staple. Hopefully the other things that were dropped will return eventually. Any staff that lost their jobs and haven't picked anything up will hopefully be reconsidered, Shane Nicholson for example on the coaching side and the youth staff that lost jobs.

5 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Just spotted this on the Ignition Sports Media website...

https://www.ignitionsportsmedia.com/collections/derby-county-1

Ignition do loads of club's programmes - I get copies posted out for other clubs too just to see what is out there. Just put a call in to them and they confirmed it will be a 52-page edition with laminated cover and spine.

Think the monthly magazine might have been dropped.

glad these are returning, excited to get my son into collecting them.

I read on twitter they will be £3 cash around the ground

subscription to the season is £115 on that link which seems way over priced if £3 is correct 

8 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

subscription to the season is £115 on that link which seems way over priced if £3 is correct 

Works out at £5 per issue including postage for the 23 home league games only. The cup games will be sold separately. Cheapest way of getting them is at the game.

2 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

£2 postage and packaging per programme sounds about right, this will be why the overseas bundle is more expensive as well.

Does anyone know if individual copies will be available from the site? Having looked through other clubs it seems individual copies are already available to pre order, but derby only have subscriptions. I only miss a handful of games per season due to work, so don’t want to buy a subscription and pay for postage when I’m going to the game.

Delighted by this. Great news. Love my programme. Yeah it’s all a bit “managed content” but always buy for big games, and night games to read in pub before going, and you get squad numbers and names of opponents. I am an anorak of the first order, if they’ve got a tricky no7 I want to know his name. ? 

on the numbers thing .. do we think Curtis is fixed at 15 ? He’ll always be 33 for me. But loving NML and Batman as 11 and 7 it’s what wingers should be. 

Used to get the RAM  newspaper-match day program sent to me bitd or brought down by a the Ripley man that worked for my old man in 70s this is how I become a Derby fan in 1970 after he was telling me about this new manager called BC  and how he got Derby into division one....

Yer I know I'm a glory fan 

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've got several hundred copies of "The Ram" in my attic from over the years; sadly, apart from a slightly different front cover and change of date/opponents from week to week, the modern "Ram" is bland, full of ads, with hardly anything worth reading about our great Club {I will buy just to read the DC first interview" } but I stopped buying it when my youngest son stopped wanting to get players' autographs, because I actually stopped reading it.

We could do so much better and could produce something that engages the fans far more with the right content and a proper consideration of the various demographic groups amongst our fan base. "Football is nothing without the fans" is the heart of football...but I bet there will be very little in the new Ram about our wonderful fans. 

A creative, imaginative approach is required but instead we will just get more of the same.... I am glad it is back, because a game needs to be marked in some palpable way ...but it will undoubtedly be just the same bland, hackneyed, ad-full, glossy, 40 pages of "so what" ... 

The queue for the matchday programme near the Clough and Taylor statue was huge. Good to see it, probably everyone wanting to read the interview with David Clowes, like me! 

However,  I am very disappointed to see it uses the same font that the Rampage magazine did, but even smaller as it is only A5.

I find it virtually unreadable at my age, especially when they impose white print over images.

That was the reason I cancelled my Rampage subscription. 

I wonder whether anyone checks this out with disability groups? 

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

The queue for the matchday programme near the Clough and Taylor statue was huge. Good to see it, probably everyone wanting to read the interview with David Clowes, like me! 

However,  I am very disappointed to see it uses the same font that the Rampage magazine did, but even smaller as it is only A5.

I find it virtually unreadable at my age, especially when they impose white print over images.

That was the reason I cancelled my Rampage subscription. 

I wonder whether anyone checks this out with disability groups? 

I wonder. C'mon @angieram drop the CLO an email and ask them? I'm getting a copy posted down but it sounds like I'll not be able to read it either.