Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

1 hour ago, walkleyowl said:

I did suggest this would happen at at the start of the season, we've only got 500 left in the lower as well.

We expected that, it's the same wherever we go - they only come to see Derby - we're the star attraction in this division because we are Massive, even though you also promised us in March that you would be over the horizon and out of sight by now 😂. Seems like your 64-year long wait to win an EFL division may be extended by at least another year now. Just remember in future, it's never won until you can't be overtaken.

5 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Can we reciprocate this IF we end of playing them in the PO? I’d more that happy to leave a block of empty seats and restrict the number of away fans. 

3.3 The Visiting Club shall have the right to claim 2,000 tickets for use by its supporters (or such number as represents 10% of all tickets reserved or otherwise sold in advance, if less than 2,000). 

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/playoff-rules--regulations/

4 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Can we reciprocate this IF we end of playing them in the PO? I’d more that happy to leave a block of empty seats and restrict the number of away fans. 

So they then do the same in the away leg? Great plan!

we gave them 2600 apparently and been given 2373 in return. It’s hardly unfair is it. And like someone mentioned I think we’d want to do the same in return if could get promotion. Would you rather extra derby fans there or some away fans?

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

we gave them 2600 apparently and been given 2373 in return. It’s hardly unfair is it. And like someone mentioned I think we’d want to do the same in return if could get promotion. Would you rather extra derby fans there or some away fans?

What makes you think they aren’t already planning on restricting our numbers for the away leg? 

7 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

We expected that, it's the same wherever we go - they only come to see Derby - we're the star attraction in this division because we are Massive, even though you also promised us in March that you would be over the horizon and out of sight by now 😂. Seems like your 64-year long wait to win an EFL division may be extended by at least another year now. Just remember in future, it's never won until you can't be overtaken.

I'd rather not win the 3rd division.

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

What makes you think they aren’t already planning on restricting our numbers for the away leg? 

I’d hope the clubs are in dialogue, think they have to agree pricing etc. would hope they agree a set amount for each side rather than childish blocking off seats as a form of retaliation. 

Both sides have great away support! Hope is a good 3000 from each side if it happens

21 minutes ago, David said:

No, this does not put the players at a disadvantage, even if it did, safety is far more important. 

In the past, in that very stadium we are talking about, 97 people lost their lives. They died B4. They never returned home. Think about that.

Then think, is it fair to call Newcastle fans mardy for reporting they felt unsafe in that very same ground.

Maybe it’s a conversation to have with your Dad to help you understand.

Look I know what happened back then is awful but back then they did technically that we have now. If wednesday was concerned about that why did they not resisations on there numbers then. 

7 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Because of the way in which we are able to adjust the partitioning on the concourses to segregate away fans, the next step down in reducing from the 2600 I think would take them below the 2000 so we can't go below the 2600. But don't worry, they froze in front of 3k Forest Green fans who never even make a noise, except when they're munching on their vegan-burgers. We'll just have to up our noise levels a notch, that might do the trick. 

16 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

You would get 2k for the play offs.

12 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

I’d hope the clubs are in dialogue, think they have to agree pricing etc. would hope they agree a set amount for each side rather than childish blocking off seats as a form of retaliation. 

Both sides have great away support! Hope is a good 3000 from each side if it happens

Just as expected, they did the same for Sunderland in the play offs last year. Shame, but they’re trying to do it to gain an advantage, we should look to do the same but I doubt we’d be able to sell the spare tickets due to the way the concourse is segregated. 

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look I know what happened back then is awful but back then they did technically that we have now. If wednesday was concerned about that why did they not resisations on their numbers then. 

So then you will be aware of how insensitive your comments could look.

Sheffield Council's Safety Advisory Group and Sports Grounds Safety Authority who issue the safety certificates and reduced the total capacity in that stand.

Not the club and not the EFL.

It’s a recent change due to a review following the complaints made by Newcastle fans who felt unsafe. You were not there at that game to say how safe it was.

Within that total capacity, Sheffield Wednesday have given us a reduced allocation to accommodate more of their fans.

They are required to give us 10% of their total capacity, which they have done, no rules have been broken.

I’m not really writing anything new here, so that’s basically the situation.

We have been given a total allocation of 2,373.

There will be no more tickets made available for Derby fans.

Sheffield Wednesday will have measures in place to detect Derby fans attempting to buy in the home end.

Like it or not.

Buy your ticket, enjoy the game and don’t concern yourself with how many other Derby fans will be there as it’s something you have zero control over.

We have had much smaller allocations and still heard loud inside the stadium.

These players will have played during covid days where 0 fans were in the stadium, they will be absolutely fine with the number of Derby fans in there.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS8GCkaNggZZ-TEHVdMrS

Should anybody read this who would likely be in the upper allocation band for away tickets, but perhaps have other pressing engagements on the 20th May, that would perhaps mean they could not attend the 2nd leg of the play-offs, please consider still purchasing their rightfully deserved ticket (Damn right it's deserved!), and considering those of us who have kept them entertained through the cold, dark, wintry evenings of months recently passed.

Yours beseechingly, 
Former Blackpool Jump-Arounder, and Elland Road Misser-Outer.

👀 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Sheffield Council's Safety Advisory Group and Sports Grounds Safety Authority who issue the safety certificates and reduced the total capacity in that stand.

It’s a recent change due to a review following the complaints made by Newcastle fans who felt unsafe. You were not there at that game to say how safe it was.

Within that total capacity, Sheffield Wednesday have given us a reduced allocation to accommodate more of their fans.

They are required to give us 10% of their total capacity, which they have done, no rules have been broken.

Sheffield Wednesday will have measures in place to detect Derby fans attempting to buy in the home end.

Like it or not.

Buy your ticket, enjoy the game and don’t concern yourself with how many other Derby fans will be there as it’s something you have zero control over.

These players will have played during covid days where 0 fans were in the stadium, they will be absolutely fine with the number of Derby fans in there.

Well did mean make look that way but seen many comments like this on twitter if you want delect these posts then.

I think restricting the number of away fans to attend a game is 100% pedantic if it doesn't affect the number of home fans who can attend.

Money is money.

I think there is bugger all correlation in the away team playing better - we did well at MK (cos they're awful) and crap at Barnsley and Bolton when we have had 5k plus.

1 hour ago, David said:

Like it or not.

2,373 isn’t 10% of their total capacity is it?