Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

31 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

When we were all in cages😢

Precisely!

It was deemed safe then, and yet the next day... 

*My weak attempt to pooh-pooh B4's claim that "Of course it was safe".  That's an utterly brave term to use by an "appropriately qualified safety consultant", let alone a geezer on the internet! 

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair enough. I take it all back (although, according to t’internet the actual reduction of the upper tier is down from 3,200 not 3,700).

Apologies @B4ev6is

The away fans guide lists the upper tier capacity at 3,700 and with the lower tier and corner that we used to get would be up to 8,000.

This is now out of date.

It’s an old stand with obvious history, the baseball ground held nearly 42,000, but by the time it closed the capacity was down to 17,500.

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Precisely!

It was deemed safe then, and yet the next day... 

*My weak attempt to pooh-pooh B4's claim that "Of course it was safe".  That's an utterly brave term to use by an "appropriately qualified safety consultant", let alone a geezer on the internet! 

It was never safe, just like the pop side.

I worked in the building trade for 50 years and what was considered “ safe” when I started was not the same when I finished.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I worked in the building trade for 50 years and what was considered “ safe” when I started was not the same when I finished.

Why punish the fans that behave themselfs like many of us do.

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

That’s nothing to be proud of , How did you get past building patrol?

Just now, Foreveram said:

Same.  I'm with yer.  🍻

Used to regularly walk 8" wide steel rafters whilst carrying a 45kg Asbestos/Cement roof sheet on my shoulder, with nothing but the ground to halt your fall, 25 meters or so below!  😲
All fully protected with safety nets nowadays (And no asbestos, obvs!).

Not a bad thing, of course, in this, and many other cases.  

... Plus, I wouldn't have the nerve to do now, what I did then, even if I knew for certain nobody was watching!  🤣

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Why punish the fans that behave themselfs like many of us do.

With all due respect, buddy... from what I've read on here, you regularly break the rules, merely by regularly and obstinately standing in a seated area.  As unfair as you may see it, that is not technically the definition of "behaving yourself"

... and No... I'm not claiming to be a perfect angel, just pointing out your hypocrisy.  

... Still luv yer t'bits, mind!  🍻

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Hence my point is why not just give whole upper tier end then.

Because following the complaint from the Newcastle supporters about overcrowding on the upper concourses, they have decided to reduce the capacity in the upper tier. The problem with the whole Leppings Lane end is that it is antiquated and it does not comply with safety measures that have been built into the more modern stadiums. In my opinion, since the disaster in 1989 that whole end should have been demolished and rebuilt. Every time we have been there since the upper concourses have been uncomfortably overcrowded, especially just before kick-off and at half-time. 

Having worked on the Hillsborough investigation, I can tell you that the accounts of the survivors from the crush in the lower tier that day are absolutely frightening. No sane person would want to risk being in what happened there. Derby supporters who experienced in the 1980s crushes on the Leppings Lane terraces before the disaster will tell you just how frightening it was; their appeals to police at the time to alleviate the situation were ignored. I am far more comfortable with us having a few hundred less tickets for the upper tier, if it ensures that those who get tickets all come home safely and that includes you B4.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

With all due respect, buddy... from what I've read on here, you regularly break the rules, merely by regularly and obstinately standing in a seated area.  As unfair as you may see it, that is not technically the definition of "behaving yourself"

... and No... I'm not claiming to be a perfect angel, just pointing out your hypocrisy.  

... Still luv yer t'bits, mind!  🍻

Well you cant really help when every taller than I am and to be fair to me I sat down sort last away game at exeter city but stood for a little bit as well as lots people do.

2 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Because following the complaint from the Newcastle supporters about overcrowding on the upper concourses, they have decided to reduce the capacity in the upper tier. The problem with the whole Leppings Lane end is that it is antiquated and it does not comply with safety measures that have been built into the more modern stadiums. In my opinion, since the disaster in 1989 that whole end should have been demolished and rebuilt. Every time we have been there since the upper concourses have been uncomfortably overcrowded, especially just before kick-off and at half-time. 

Having worked on the Hillsborough investigation, I can tell you that the accounts of the survivors from the crush in the lower tier that day are absolutely frightening. No sane person would want to risk being in what happened there. Derby supporters who experienced in the 1980s crushes on the Leppings Lane terraces before the disaster will tell you just how frightening it was; their appeals to police at the time to alleviate the situation were ignored. I am far more comfortable with us having a few hundred less tickets for the upper tier, if it ensures that those who get tickets all come home safely and that includes you B4.

I cause no issues apart from getting behind the team am I saying is that reduce numbers you  will getting people going in home ends which is safer keeping derby fans all over the place or all in one place.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I cause no issues apart from getting behind the team am I saying is that reduce numbers you  will getting people going in home ends which is safer keeping derby fans all over the place or all in one place.

All well and good B4. I've been to all of the away games this season except Fleetwood. In eight of the away games I have sat in the home end which has been a much more comfortable experience as I've been able to sit down and comply with the ground regulations; I've been in the away end at 13 games and I've invariably had to stand up because that unfortunately is the way it is nowadays watching Derby away. Our fans have no respect for the ground safety regulations.

In this particular game your argument, unlike you, doesn't stand up at all because the Wendies have already sold out the current home allocation so there's no tickets for Derby fans in their end. Because they've already sold out, that is why some of their fans think they will now sell the lower tier Leppings Lane tickets to home fans instead of us. They can do that if they want to. We'll just have to wait and see now if they do. I think that if Derby had a similar choice at Pride Park, they'd sell to Derby fans because it would favour Derby; see what happens.

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Not many sitting at wrembly fa cup final.

It's the semi-final. But it's Man. Utd standing up - they're as bad as the Derby fans away; our standing fans copy them. The Brighton fans are sitting down.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

It's not just about you. 

Have you ever been in a crush at a football game? A real, horses charging, people panicking crush? This is about fans safety not about EFL point-scoring.

11 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

I’m not sure making b4 feel bad about standing is going to achieve much, so many people do the same! Myself included.

likewise b4 if people want to sit down then leave them to it, is rare they can away anyway!

Agreed.

B4 is not a lone ranger in standing at away games, not here to argue the rights, wrongs and ground regulations here, it just happens. Until clubs enforce the regulations, don’t expect any changes in fans suddenly using the seats at away games.

BUT

And yeah it’s a big but, to sit here and call Newcastle fans “mardy” for complaining about safe, in a stand which, well we all know the history of….is bringing these comments on to himself yet again.

@B4ev6is you are a highly passionate fan, we all know this, however at times, like this, I think you just need to be a little more understanding.

Newcastle fans are more than within their rights to make a complaint on not feeling safe, they should not be afraid to speak out. Whilst you may not have felt unsafe in that stand, you was not there on that day to experience what Newcastle fans experienced.

It is the responsibility of Sheffield Wednesday to ensure all fans feel safe within their ground, they failed, as a result the capacity of that stand has been reduced. 

Also, I recall games in the past where you wasn’t able to attend due to your Dad not being able to take you, many fans including myself have other priorities in life with family and work. I’m not sure your suggestions to send the Mrs shopping, or rearrange work shifts are that helpful to be honest.

I realise you are trying to help and would like to see as many Derby fans inside the grounds as possible, sometimes as I say, people just have other commitments with our partners.