Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

I find most problems i've had at football come down to ineffective stewarding.  Anyone who used to go in the Colombo end at the BBG will remember how cramped it was in there.  Shoehorn you in and lock the door.  Had many a damaged rib from the old rusty blue barriers in there.  Not just the old stadiums either.  When we were promoted in 95/96 I can stiil remember the away game at West Brom with unreserved seating and around 10,000 turning up for about 4000 seats.  They let everyone in and it was carnage.  Couldn't even walk up and down the stairs.  Good job everyone was in a good mood that day.

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

Surprised at how many are left! Hoping for general sale but will be very few if any that make that.

It’s a strange one - if they need the game to win etc they will take the bottom tier as they have blocked out the front 3 rows of the top tier - if it means nothing to them then they will open up the front 3 rows to DCFC and maybe open the bottom tier as well I’m my opinion 

What can be said is that the view ( or non view from far to many seats) from the upper tier is one of the poorest around, again in my opinion 

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s a strange one - if they need the game to win etc they will take the bottom tier as they have blocked out the front 3 rows of the top tier - if it means nothing to them then they will open up the front 3 rows to DCFC and maybe open the bottom tier as well I’m my opinion 

What can be said is that the view ( or non view from far to many seats) from the upper tier is one of the poorest around, again in my opinion 

Yeah have been to Hillsborough a few times, always surprises me what a poor state the ground and the away end in particular is still in.

Our initial allocation for Hillsborough is our final allocation. Wednesday are now selling tickets for the lower tier to home supporters.

12 minutes ago, S75 Ram said:

From SWFC twitter.

The West Stand lower will be open for home supporters for the season finale against Derby.

So we ain't getting any more, end of.

And you cannot blame them.

If this was at Pride Park and we had the ability to remove 1000 from the away fan capacity, sell the tickets to Derby fans instead in such an important game, I would absolutely back the club in doing that.

The EFL set minimum requirements for away tickets given, anything over that is an added bonus. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

And you cannot blame them.

If this was at Pride Park and we had the ability to remove 1000 from the away fan capacity, sell the tickets to Derby fans instead in such an important game, I would absolutely back the club in doing that.

The EFL set minimum requirements for away tickets given, anything over that is an added bonus. 

I did suggest this would happen at at the start of the season, we've only got 500 left in the lower as well.

If my memory is correct we did this to Swindon in the early 90s at the BBG, we could have got automatic promotion on the last day so we reduced the away allocation and sold the seats to Rams fans.

Ended up losing the play off semi to Blackburn.

4 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

I did suggest this would happen at at the start of the season, we've only got 500 left in the lower as well.

Yeah I remember, it makes sense which must be a strange feeling for you lot seeing the club do something right for a change 😂

2 hours ago, David said:

Agreed.

B4 is not a lone ranger in standing at away games, not here to argue the rights, wrongs and ground regulations here, it just happens. Until clubs enforce the regulations, don’t expect any changes in fans suddenly using the seats at away games.

BUT

And yeah it’s a big but, to sit here and call Newcastle fans “mardy” for complaining about safe, in a stand which, well we all know the history of….is bringing these comments on to himself yet again.

@B4ev6is you are a highly passionate fan, we all know this, however at times, like this, I think you just need to be a little more understanding.

Newcastle fans are more than within their rights to make a complaint on not feeling safe, they should not be afraid to speak out. Whilst you may not have felt unsafe in that stand, you was not there on that day to experience what Newcastle fans experienced.

It is the responsibility of Sheffield Wednesday to ensure all fans feel safe within their ground, they failed, as a result the capacity of that stand has been reduced. 

Also, I recall games in the past where you wasn’t able to attend due to your Dad not being able to take you, many fans including myself have other priorities in life with family and work. I’m not sure your suggestions to send the Mrs shopping, or rearrange work shifts are that helpful to be honest.

I realise you are trying to help and would like to see as many Derby fans inside the grounds as possible, sometimes as I say, people just have other commitments with our partners.

Well I never had any issues at shiffield wednesday at away games over the years 3700 and everything went okay I could understand it if fans were fighting and chucking stuff.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I never had any issues at shiffield wednesday at away games over the years 3700 and everything went okay I could understand it if fans were fighting and chucking stuff.

Which is fantastic B4, nobody should ever feel unsafe going to a football ground.

Unfortunately, Newcastle fans on that day did. You was not there to suggest otherwise.

In a ground which 97 fans never returned home from, sadly losing their lives, it is absolutely correct that no chances are taken with regards to safety.

The allocation has been reduced, and reduced further as Sheffield Wednesday would prefer to sell tickets to their own fans, which they are entitled to do. 

If we could split the South East corner at Pride Park and add more Derby fans in there, you would be right behind that idea.

2 hours ago, David said:

Agreed.

B4 is not a lone ranger in standing at away games, not here to argue the rights, wrongs and ground regulations here, it just happens. Until clubs enforce the regulations, don’t expect any changes in fans suddenly using the seats at away games.

BUT

And yeah it’s a big but, to sit here and call Newcastle fans “mardy” for complaining about safe, in a stand which, well we all know the history of….is bringing these comments on to himself yet again.

@B4ev6is you are a highly passionate fan, we all know this, however at times, like this, I think you just need to be a little more understanding.

Newcastle fans are more than within their rights to make a complaint on not feeling safe, they should not be afraid to speak out. Whilst you may not have felt unsafe in that stand, you was not there on that day to experience what Newcastle fans experienced.

It is the responsibility of Sheffield Wednesday to ensure all fans feel safe within their ground, they failed, as a result the capacity of that stand has been reduced. 

Also, I recall games in the past where you wasn’t able to attend due to your Dad not being able to take you, many fans including myself have other priorities in life with family and work. I’m not sure your suggestions to send the Mrs shopping, or rearrange work shifts are that helpful to be honest.

I realise you are trying to help and would like to see as many Derby fans inside the grounds as possible, sometimes as I say, people just have other commitments with our partners.

It is not attending it is about putting derby and I mean players disadvantaged for this game as in the past were been given all upper away end even if capped 3000 still leave 700 less but over 1k less makes a big difference.

21 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It is not attending it is about putting derby and I mean players disadvantaged for this game as in the past were been given all upper away end even if capped 3000 still leave 700 less but over 1k less makes a big difference.

No, this does not put the players at a disadvantage, even if it did, safety is far more important. 

In the past, in that very stadium we are talking about, 97 people lost their lives. They died B4. They never returned home. Think about that.

Then think, is it fair to call Newcastle fans mardy for reporting they felt unsafe in that very same ground.

Maybe it’s a conversation to have with your Dad to help you understand.