Derby makes short list for new Great British Railways HQ (now confirmed to be in Derby)

Not football related at all but, if the last season has taught me anything, it's that Derby fans and the people of Derby in general are passionate about their club and their city.

Today, Derby has made the short list of locations that are being considered for the new HQ of Great British Railways (alongside Birmingham, Crewe, Doncaster, Newcastle and York). If Derby gets it, it could create thousands of jobs for the local area and strengthen it's position at the forefront of the rail industry.

A public vote is being taken into consideration in the process and the more votes Derby can get, the stronger the case for making it the preferred choice. A link to the vote is below:

https://consultations.gbrtt.co.uk/great-british-railways/gbr-hq-vote/consultation/intro/

Edited by Boycie

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

It’ll be us, York or Donny.

Fingers crossed we’ve greased enough bogeys on the tendering process if you will.

Us? You're Belper, don't go attaching yourself to Derby now 

I've signalled my preference by siding with Derby.  I'll go loco if anyone else wins.
Let's hope we get the green light.  It's gotta help by bringing in jobs in t' city (read that bit again... faster!) and won't do any harm for T'Rams either.  Let's get Derby back on track.  This could be just the platform we need.  

Just hope we don't come last.  That would make us look a right cant.  

We could really do with this! take it over the city of culture tripe any day.

Must be strong candidates here…being central location/all the loco history.

Ill be fuming if we get pipped by Doncaster, went there for a gig recently… absolute khazi of a place.

47 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I sincerely hope its Derby, but lets all have a reality check here folks. It's nothing more than 'grandstanding' from this morally bankrupt administration, (and probably to the benefit of some PR company who donates generously to the Tories).

The decision will already have been made.

Some doners don't aways get the payback they are hoping for. The guy that paid for the expensive wallpaper used to redecorate No 10 doesn't look to have much time remaining to get the full benefit from his donation.

11 minutes ago, Skin em Ted said:

We could really do with this! take it over the city of culture tripe any day.

Must be strong candidates here…being central location/all the loco history.

Ill be fuming if we get pipped by Doncaster, went there for a gig recently… absolute khazi of a place.

I've been out in a lot of places over 30 years.  The roughest place I've had the misfortune to spend an evening.  The kebab house had bouncers. Seriously.

30 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I've been out in a lot of places over 30 years.  The roughest place I've had the misfortune to spend an evening.  The kebab house had bouncers. Seriously.

Probably close to Biscuit Billys 

• 8 months later...