New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

I think when it comes to Roofe, its time to make a sacrifice.

Rangers can have Knight, but we get Roofe in exchange.

We need goals more than we need a player of knights undoubted talents.

I think i am correct in thinking that the efl rules have stopped us paying for any players, but exchanging players for players isnt covered by that rule.

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I think when it comes to Roofe, its time to make a sacrifice.

Rangers can have Knight, but we get Roofe in exchange.

We need goals more than we need a player of knights undoubted talents.

I think i am correct in thinking that the efl rules have stopped us paying for any players, but exchanging players for players isnt covered by that rule.

The Roofe link was quashed minutes after it surfaced. He isn't coming here and Knight isn't leaving.

27 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

That was a while ago wasn’t it. Expect something soon hopefully maybe couple of loans?

Was in an article today about McGoldrick’s fitness on Derbyshire Live. They do have a habit of using interview quotes from the previous game for the rest of the week. 

59 minutes ago, Srg said:

Was in an article today about McGoldrick’s fitness on Derbyshire Live. They do have a habit of using interview quotes from the previous game for the rest of the week. 

Contradictory isn't it. Even if was after the game on Saturday he has said we are really close to a couple and then Radio Derby is we're being patient so who knows when anything will happen 

First-team Premier League loans eh? Just guessing here, but going on where I think we'll need more depth some of these:

GKs - Steele (Brighton), Randolph (West Ham), Butland (Palace)... all third choices at their clubs. Wouldn't mind Iversen (Leicester) either, but can't see him dropping down to L1 after 2 Championship loans.

RBs - D Sterling (Chelsea), Ferguson (Palace)

Wingers - Anthony (Bournemouth), Sarmiento (Brighton), Palmer (Man City)

STs - Simms (Everton), Scarlett (Spurs)

Or maybe not... either way I'm intrigued to see who we'll get!

14 minutes ago, Topram said:

I don’t get it? He says we are being patient and waiting now on RD but on Derbyshire live we are really close 

Makes sense. We could have gone and got someone else already, but we’ve been patient to get who we want (which are close to being done). 

36 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

First-team Premier League loans eh? Just guessing here, but going on where I think we'll need more depth some of these:

GKs - Steele (Brighton), Randolph (West Ham), Butland (Palace)... all third choices at their clubs. Wouldn't mind Iversen (Leicester) either, but can't see him dropping down to L1 after 2 Championship loans.

A right back surley needs to be the priority at the moment. Don't know too much about D Sterling or Ferguson to be fair, would you have a preference between them?

Don’t think any new signings (if they happen this week) will start sat.,I’m more  suprised we haven’t picked up more players for the under 23’s (21’s) whatever it is now, if I’m honest

Edited by Jase116

3 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

Don’t think any new signings (if they happen this week) will start sat if I’m being honest,I’m more  suprised we haven’t picked up more players for the under 23’s (21’s) whatever it is now, if I’m honest

The U21s squad is 19 man strong now. Players from the first team will feature fairly often as they'll need to stay match fit, whilst we'll also include some U18s from time to time. I wouldn't expect to see many (if any) more new signings.

12 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

A right back surley needs to be the priority at the moment. Don't know too much about D Sterling or Ferguson to be fair, would you have a preference between them?

I'd be after Dujon Sterling personally... If only for the fact that he's played more first team football (on loan at Blackpool, Wigan and Coventry over the last few seasons).

Weirdly I think we lack depth in some positions that I don't think people entirely realise or at least depth in certain roles.

Right now, if Bird gets injured I think we will struggle to tactically achieve what we are trying to do and will need a major rethink. As I'm not convinced anyone else in the squad bar a fit Bielik can play that role he's doing. 

We've got no cover for the wide positions or at least no-one who is comfortable playing as an out and out winger like we are setting up. 

Left back has already been noted but I'm not super sure Fozzy will be the right kind of cover.

I've also got a concern that if McGoldrick isn't fit we will struggle to get the balance of the "midfield" 3 right, we lack an attack minded linking player. (It's a shame we lost Watson on this front)

GK is fairly obviously shallow. 

Controversially though I think we might be ok at RB for we are trying to do or I'm at least more concerned about the above. Knight, Oduroh and quite likely Smith can all tactically slot into that role.

59 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Butland broke his hand last week I think so won’t be him