Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

My view was it being Rooney's vision, Rosenior's coaching, Rooney picking the team and in game management, with Walker assisting. 

Rooney's game management was poor to be fair, especially in the away games. Recruitment in the summer was much better, mayeb down to Rooneys contacts. My only concern about Rooney leaving is the fact that he had so much respect from the players.  If Rooney can quit mid contract what chance have we of keeping players who are out of contract?

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Betfair

RF-BETSLIP-DERBY-MANAGER-GRAPHIC-1.jpg

Seriously has a Derby fan drawn that up? Dyche, Lampard and Sloth as 2nd-4th favourites ???

Lamps and Rooney gonna do a swap 

Sloth decides he’s against drug money paying his wages so takes moral decision to piss fat boy off and drop down to a league he’s never managed in (never managed below championship!) ???

Edited by BramcoteRam84
Cooper’s proper name

Would be very happy with Rosenoir taking over. Cheaper option, great coach and knows the EFL leagues. 

Im gutted he’s gone - I think most players will now go, but I’m also annoyed because we appear to have allowed the resignation and thus, no compo when he goes somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Knows the club, worked and helped develop all the young players. Why not. 

We need experience. Wassall gets some strange praise, probably due to that worldy team goal v Hull that happened on his watch.

Rotherham away, playing Thorne in a dead rubber, Hull first leg, MK Dons at home, all this with a strong squad back in the day. 

He churns good academy products out. Keep it that way. 

1 minute ago, Diego said:

We need experience. Wassall gets some strange praise, probably due to that worldy team goal v Hull that happened on his watch.

Rotherham away, playing Thorne in a dead rubber, Hull first leg, MK Dons at home, all this with a strong squad back in the day. 

He churns good academy products out. Keep it that way. 

He took charge for odd matches. He gets praise because the youngsters have developed. 

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Would be very happy with Rosenoir taking over. Cheaper option, great coach and knows the EFL leagues. 

Im gutted he’s gone - I think most players will now go, but I’m also annoyed because we appear to have allowed the resignation and thus, no compo when he goes somewhere else.

Where do you think he’s going? Can’t think of any vacancies to be honest? 

1 minute ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

He took charge for odd matches. He gets praise because the youngsters have developed. 

Would get swallowed up in L1. 

I always thought the next time the vacancy came up Darren Wassall would deserve a shot at it. I don't see why not, unless he's really out of the loop on the coaching side nowadays.

Rooney did a great job in holding the club together and being a leader of men last season when we had no one else, but his way of playing was highly questionable. Which is why I'm not especially keen on Rosenior stepping up. Some people are saying Rooney would have been a big draw for players coming to Derby, but if you're a professional footballer who wants to play in front of a lot of fans with the best training facilities, Derby County will be your number one choice in League One. And for managers too.

As long as the sale goes through that is massively the most important thing. We could have a football club. There will always be good managers wanting the job. But Wassall deserves his chance if he wants it.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I always thought the next time the vacancy came up Darren Wassall would deserve a shot at it. I don't see why not, unless he's really out of the loop on the coaching side nowadays.

Rooney did a great job in holding the club together and being a leader of men last season when we had no one else, but his way of playing was highly questionable. Which is why I'm not especially keen on Rosenior stepping up. Some people are saying Rooney would have been a big draw for players coming to Derby, but if you're a professional footballer who wants to play in front of a lot of fans with the best training facilities, Derby County will be your number one choice in League One. And for managers too.

As long as the sale goes through that is massively the most important thing. We could have a football club. There will always be good managers wanting the job. But Wassall deserves his chance if he wants it.

I think it’ll depend a lot on finances. Unless the new owners don’t like him, then Rosenior is probably a cheap fix to see how it goes and not disrupt to much.

Personally I think it’s the perfect time to give someone a three year project, I could be wrong here but I’m not convinced Rosenior is that man.

There’s a number of good young and upcoming managers in league 1 and 2, we should not turn our noses up at them as I know some of our fans will!