Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe so but perhaps it also suited us to keep him in a higher profile shop window (Polish national team and the championship) with a view to selling him before his contract ran out. If we could do that and save some of his wages even if they had been budgeted for then happy days. Maybe we hoped he'd have a decent world cup and attract bids from the UK and abroad. Seems reasonably plausible to me.

Regarding wanting to play in the prem league, surely that's the kind of ambition we'd expect and want from our players?

Went well.

c82bb7fe-3b09-497e-b934-ccbd8914ad39_tex

LMAO. Brum only got the 9 points penalty in March and here they are spending a million on Bielik less than 3 months later. Weren't we under umbongo for the majority of three years, pending, during and after, even before admin? Football is indeed a 'funny old game'.

Ah well, some cash in our pocket, a big chunk of wages freed up and a 'hostage' released from our grasp. 

It's almost a chicken dinner 😑

7 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

LMAO. Brum only got the 9 points penalty in March and here they are spending a million on Bielik less than 3 months later. Weren't we under umbongo for the majority of three years, pending, during and after, even before admin? Football is indeed a 'funny old game'.

Ah well, some cash in our pocket, a big chunk of wages freed up and a 'hostage' released from our grasp. 

You can bet you life it's some appearance based crap that pays a million when he's played 40 games or something to take them to next summer. Probably paying some of his wages for a year as well.  If it's appearance based we ain't getting a penny are we.  He's past due to fall to bits for 12 months.

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not when you'd just joined a Championship club.

Why not? Maybe he was implying he saw Derby as a contender for the premier league. Quite rightly, I don’t see any flack aimed at Knight for expressing his ambition to play at a higher level whether that is at Derby or not. Perhaps he was a little smarter with response but still said the same. A lot depends on what actual question he was asked and what his full answer was. I doubt very much that he simply, and unprompted, came out with such a statement. Nor is he likely to say “nah, I don’t see my career going any higher than the championship”. If anyone can find access to the full interview in which he said it then this could be cleared up.

Edited by Tamworthram

36 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

They almost certainly got a pile of cash from the sell on of Bellingham

27 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why not? Maybe he was implying he saw Derby as a contender for the premier league.

As @Gee SCREAMER !! posted "Signed a 5 yr deal, then a few weeks later said he would give Derby two years to get in the premier league before looking at premier league options.  Polish newspaper interview if I recall. "

What happens to his commitment when Derby aren't promoted? That's why not. 

At this level his experience in midfield might have made a difference to our promotion chances, but he preferred to play for Poland. That's why not. 

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

I wish there was a thread on here stating the facts about McClaren leaving Derby that first time. And the second time to give Rowett time to get to know the squad was an equally daft decision by Morris. 

Here's Paul Simpson, assistant manager at the time:

“There’s an opportunity and we could go to Newcastle” but I told him I didn’t want to go. He asked for my opinion and I said, “You have to turn it down. This is where we need to stay.” He thought about it for a while and said, “I’m going to turn it down, as long as we’re able to commit ourselves for the next three years to finish this job.” I was willing to sign another contact.

‘I know for a fact that Steve turned Newcastle down. I said to Steve, “Look, I’m absolutely knackered. I want to go away with my wife for a couple of days, can I do it?” and he said, “Yeah, go and have some days in Spain.” So, he rang me on the Wednesday night and asked me when I was coming back, which was the next day. “Right, I think I’m getting the sack. I need you to come back.” He turned Newcastle down and then he got the sack.

‘We were left in a situation with nothing. Even when it got to the point that I was still employed, he said to me that Newcastle had come in for him again. When he got the job, he wanted me to come as his assistant and I said, “No. I’m not coming.” I told him I would only go if I got the sack at Derby. I wasn’t leaving Derby.’

Simpson wasn’t made to wait long before returning McClaren’s call.

That was all stoked by the media.  After every game he was asked if he was going to Newcastle.  Mac always said more than he needed too and used many words where a few would do.  He’d answer with things like “I’ve got contract here until ……. and I want to see it out”, “ I plan to see out my contract”, etc but because his didn’t actually say “No, I’m not going to Newcastle” everyone read something into it when there was nothing to see.  In my mind the media made a mountain out of a molehill and it didn’t help in my opinion.

Anyway, has Bielik gone yet?

9 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

“Up to” or around the £1m mark is what the general consensus on Twitter seems to be 

A massive loss but gets him of our wages. We should be able bring several fresh legs in with million pounds transfer fees too.

43 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why not? Maybe he was implying he saw Derby as a contender for the premier league. Quite rightly, I don’t see any flack aimed at Knight for expressing his ambition to play at a higher level whether that is at Derby or not. Perhaps he was a little smarter with response but still said the same. A lot depends on what actual question he was asked and what his full answer was. I doubt very much that he simply, and unprompted, came out with such a statement. Nor is he likely to say “nah, I don’t see my career going any higher than the championship”. If anyone can find access to the full interview in which he said it then this could be cleared up.

He turned up last season.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As @Gee SCREAMER !! posted "Signed a 5 yr deal, then a few weeks later said he would give Derby two years to get in the premier league before looking at premier league options.  Polish newspaper interview if I recall. "

What happens to his commitment when Derby aren't promoted? That's why not. 

At this level his experience in midfield might have made a difference to our promotion chances, but he preferred to play for Poland. That's why not. 

Interesting. You yourself posted this quote on this thread (page 4 I think) which seems to suggest it was very much up to Derby whether he returned to the club or not.

"I heard there's a good chance Derby could bring me back still this season, to help them in promotion to the Championship. Derby are my club, I'm grateful to them. But they'll decide about my return. I don't know yet if it will happen."

🗣️ Krystian Bielik via Kanał Sportowy

Just now, Tamworthram said:

KB would have done (unless he was going to act in breach of his contract) if Derby had asked him to.

I can see all manor of aches, tweaks and I'm too busy washing my hair to train in that scenario.  He'd rather have washed his b******* with a rusty brillo than turn up here to play last season.

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Interesting. You yourself posted this quote on this thread (page 4 I think) which seems to suggest it was very much up to Derby whether he returned to the club or not.

"I heard there's a good chance Derby could bring me back still this season, to help them in promotion to the Championship. Derby are my club, I'm grateful to them. But they'll decide about my return. I don't know yet if it will happen."

🗣️ Krystian Bielik via Kanał Sportowy

Yet no mention of the Poland manager saying he wouldn't pick League 1 players. Warne rightly said he wouldn't hold a player hostage which Bielik knew very well.

3 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

OMG when is this deal ever going to get done? I am fed up of waiting we just need to get him of our books so we can free some cash to use on players/wages.

Hopefully we've agreed with Brum to do the announcements tomorrow, to tie in with a new signing or two of our own just before the ST renewal deadline.

Edited by Carnero

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Hopefully we've agreed with Brum to do the announcements tomorrow, to tie in with a new signing or two of our own just before the ST renewal deadline.

I really hope so Carnero because to me he has become a burden whilst he is still at the club.