Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Early in the season I know but I have a suspicion they have already looked at a couple of their earlier new signings in training and thought "Uh oh, he's s***" and are now buying more in a panic.

That £17m striker they broke their transfer record for has rapidly found himself on the bench, for example.

10 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Early in the season I know but I have a suspicion they have already looked at a couple of their earlier new signings in training and thought "Uh oh, he's s***" and are now buying more in a panic.

That £17m striker they broke their transfer record for has rapidly found himself on the bench, for example.

That Dennis hasn't even started a game yet. Have they already decided that he's crap? They're just unnecessarily buying players.

Don’t believe for one second there has been lots of planning behind all these signings. I doubt Cooper wanted half of these players, if he can make it work and they’re competitive this season then he really is a genius.

I look at the other clubs they’re battling with, they are all strengthening in a structured planned way. I’m seeing signings Forest could and should’ve made for half the cost. Southampton have had a good window, Everton have had a great window getting Gueye back and Garner (why didn’t Forest get it done). Fulham look stronger this time and have had a good window, Leeds look strong.

This could be the season a team goes down with 40 points or more!! 

En route to 23 signings now. Some of it makes no sense whatsoever. Sign a near £20m signing in Awoniyi, then decide to spend a load more on Emmanuel Dennis… but wait, now Michy Batshuayi too?! They only play 1 striker and none of them are going to want to sit in the bench. This isn’t mentioning the near 6 fullbacks they’ve now signed. 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

alright-then-ace-ventura.gif

Not sure why we were tagged into that, it’s hardly a rod to try to beat us with (even if it was true). We’re famous for having supported our team to the end during our 11 pt season. We know exactly what it’s like seeing your team get pummelled week after week, and keep showing up, and keep supporting. They’ll have to go a long way, and suffer a few more 6-0s, before they can claim to beat us in that regard. 

26 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Don’t believe for one second there has been lots of planning behind all these signings. I doubt Cooper wanted half of these players, if he can make it work and they’re competitive this season then he really is a genius.

I look at the other clubs they’re battling with, they are all strengthening in a structured planned way. I’m seeing signings Forest could and should’ve made for half the cost. Southampton have had a good window, Everton have had a great window getting Gueye back and Garner (why didn’t Forest get it done). Fulham look stronger this time and have had a good window, Leeds look strong.

This could be the season a team goes down with 40 points or more!! 

The only way a team goes down with 40 points or more is if the gap between the top teams and the bottom closes.

I think it only happens when the bottom teams take points off the top teams as well as each other.

But I just don’t see it happening. There will be at least two teams who get less than 33 points and I’d be surprised if 18th gets any more than 35.

31 minutes ago, Srg said:

En route to 23 signings now. Some of it makes no sense whatsoever. Sign a near £20m signing in Awoniyi, then decide to spend a load more on Emmanuel Dennis… but wait, now Michy Batshuayi too?! They only play 1 striker and none of them are going to want to sit in the bench. This isn’t mentioning the near 6 fullbacks they’ve now signed. 

They started with a narrow front 3 in Johnson, MGW and Lingard against Spurs. They looked tidy but toothless.

I guess Awoniyi is the big man up top to hit when things aren’t working. Go direct.

I just don’t get the Dennis signing at all and now Batshuayi. 

It’s evident Cooper has just been handed a bunch of players and will be under pressure to get them firing right away.

If they are bottom three by New Year he will be sacked.

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The only way a team goes down with 40 points or more is if the gap between the top teams and the bottom closes.

I think it only happens when the bottom teams take points off the top teams as well as each other.

But I just don’t see it happening. There will be at least two teams who get less than 33 points and I’d be surprised if 18th gets any more than 35.

I think you could see the top 7 with a huge gap to the rest and then potentially 10-15 points separating 8th downwards 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Hopefully will do the same as he did at Watford , score a few goals , sulk and still get relegated at the end of the season ?

My mate's a hornet through and through and was glad Dennis went.  Called him toxic. Constantly moaned when things went wrong and negative in the dressing room. Sounds perfect for Forest. 

Having watched those goals I assume Worrall must be delighted it wasn't Barcelona.  Particular highlights were him spinning in a circle then falling over on the third, falling over for the fourth, then standing there holding his b******* for the fifth as it flew past his head.  Loan to Hamilton Academicals incoming.   

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!