Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

He had a large squad at his disposal when he took over - they were in a false position when you compare it to the rest of the division - and then he was backed with expensive loan signings, free transfers of recent PL players and cash purchases like Surridge. In the end, it took a fluke goal at Wembley to get them promoted. And then he's been backed with a level of spending unprecedented amongst newly promoted clubs - check out the figures for yourself. A nomination for Manager of the Season is laughable. 

Fluke goal and two stonewall pens not given to Hudds. 

Lucky or not cooper has done a stunning job there. i cannot wait until he leaves them, it cant be long before somebody else comes sniffing now. you could throw anybody at him and he seemingly is able to get a tune out of them, perfect for forests board who sign 20 players every window. they will drop like a stone when he leaves but until that day comes i cant see it happening

Edited by alram

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Steve Cooper has done an unbelievable job tbf. Not manager of the season, but he’s not that far down the rankings (probably Arteta and Silva ahead of him). Kept Forest up comfortably despite the ridiculous scattergun recruitment.

Just galls me even more that he was all set to join here before Morris vetoed it. What a moron. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

When was this?

same question for me please, but for the emboldened bit!  

1 hour ago, alram said:

Lucky or not cooper has done a stunning job there. i cannot wait until he leaves them, it cant be long before somebody else comes sniffing now. you could throw anybody at him and he seemingly is able to get a tune out of them, perfect for forests board who sign 20 players every window. they will drop like a stone when he leaves but until that day comes i cant see it happening

Southampton are in the market. I bet he’d keep them up. They’re a bugger club than Forest, that would be a step up for him. 

1 hour ago, alram said:

Harry Arter and many others that he inherited who never got a look in are glaring examples of how wrong that is. 

After signing 40 players in something like 16 months, it's not exactly a stunning achievement to get a tune out of half of them. 

6 hours ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Their away form is awful and they only picked up decent home wins due to poor finishing by the opposition. If that points to doing a good job they I don’t agree.

That just reads like sour grapes from us. There’s no doubt whatsoever that that Cooper is doing a very good job.

Always interesting to read the sensible comments that appreciate the fact that Cooper, Marinakis (and the players) have done an absolutely unbelievable job getting us to where we are. A literal dream for NFFC fans at the moment. 

.. And those simply repeating through gritted teeth; oohhh they're just lucky. Fluked this, fluked that. 

You make your own luck in life. We struggled for twenty years but finally saw an opportunity to get promoted last season, put some backing on it, and reaped the benefits.  

Saturday was as big a smash-and-grab as you're likely to see all season. But overall, we're exactly where we deserve to be. 

11 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Always interesting to read the sensible comments that appreciate the fact that Cooper, Marinakis (and the players) have done an absolutely unbelievable job getting us to where we are. A literal dream for NFFC fans at the moment. 

.. And those simply repeating through gritted teeth; oohhh they're just lucky. Fluked this, fluked that. 

You make your own luck in life. We struggled for twenty years but finally saw an opportunity to get promoted last season, put some backing on it, and reaped the benefits.  

Saturday was as big a smash-and-grab as you're likely to see all season. But overall, we're exactly where we deserve to be. 

In debt ?

The Man City game was typical Forest. Play absolute dross all game, and somehow claw back an equaliser. It's so, so typical of them. I think their fans were treating it like a win -- did they do a lap of honour around the pitch? ? 

It's still very tight at the bottom, but if they do keep managing games like this I think they'll stay up.

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Forest have the worst xG going forward in the PL while giving up the most chances at the back.

Since beating Sheffield United on penalties, robbing Huddersfield of penalties in the final, to the utter disbelief of your current points total in relation to performances, I think you’ve had about 25 years worth of luck crammed into one nine month period.

Forest are a far better addition to the PL than some other sides though.

West Ham game next. Beat them and there will be a big decision to make on Moyes.

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Forest have the worst xG going forward in the PL while giving up the most chances at the back.

Since beating Sheffield United on penalties, robbing Huddersfield of penalties in the final, to the utter disbelief of your current points total in relation to performances, I think you’ve had about 25 years worth of luck crammed into one nine month period.

West Ham game next. Beat them and there will be a big decision to make on Moyes.

Imagine being a Huddersfield fan. A dodgy penalty decision away from the premier league one season, and dragging Warnock out of retirement to save you from relegation the next. 

We might have been robbed at Wembley by QPR, but our demise was a lot slower. 

18 hours ago, Crewton said:

Harry Arter and many others that he inherited who never got a look in are glaring examples of how wrong that is. 

After signing 40 players in something like 16 months, it's not exactly a stunning achievement to get a tune out of half of them. 

oh come on even the biggest hater of forest could admit he has done a good job there

1 player or 40 players he has got them mid table in the prem as things stand. they were only about 3 points ahead of us with a points deduction when he took over.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

xG means literally nothing. Leeds had a huge xG for months yet can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Defensively we've been one of the best teams in the league for months. 

Also, that Shefffield United game should have been out of sight by the time the second leg even started. Huddersfield didn't have a shot on goal during the final.. You can't rely on a couple of debatable referring decisions. 

Take your Derby blinkers off. There's been an element of luck but our fortune has been down to our brilliant manager and team's effort. 

I will add, our fortunes might change if and when he inevitably takes a step up in position. Wouldn't surprise to see him in the England setup in so many years. 

30 minutes ago, alram said:

oh come on even the biggest hater of forest could admit he has done a good job there

1 player or 40 players he has got them mid table in the prem as things stand. they were only about 3 points ahead of us with a points deduction when he took over.

There's a difference between doing a "good job" (which he is) and being worthy of "Manager of the Year" awards (that's where this discussion started, remember) when you've been handed 30 new players at a cost of something in the order of £180-200M though, don't you think?

And "mid-table"?? They're 4 points above the drop - I doubt he'll be grateful for all of the premature garlands he's curiously getting on here when they could be in the bottom 3 by Easter.

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Imagine being a Huddersfield fan. A dodgy penalty decision away from the premier league one season, and dragging Warnock out of retirement to save you from relegation the next. 

We might have been robbed at Wembley by QPR, but our demise was a lot slower. 

And then saw your two best players and manager poached by the same team who put you out. 

No wonder they get triggered by Eva Grill's fireworks..