Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

8 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

It was an incredibly difficult league last year. There were no standout dross teams and everyone was capable off taking points off the other. 

There was no Norwich or Watford getting pumped week in week out to take two off the relegation spots. This year I'm pretty sure that normality will return with 2 of the 3 promoted sides. They're not even trying to compete financially. Accepted their fate it seems. 

I think we *should* be ok, but you never know. We'll likely be there or there about in the bottom 6-7.

Unfortunately you'll be OK, Last seasons unexpected results against some of the better teams gave you some confidence, I like Cooper too good for you mother f**kers 

11 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Unfortunately you'll be OK, Last seasons unexpected results against some of the better teams gave you some confidence, I like Cooper too good for you mother f**kers 

He'll go onto bigger things eventually. Wouldn't surprise me if he's in the England setup eventually. Well thought of by the FA, already coached the young en's to success. 

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Last season was a poor year with several teams underachieving.

There were hardly any shocks either.

Southampton failed to beat anyone in the top 10.

Leeds did just once vs Liverpool.

Leicester twice vs Villa and Spurs.

It’s interesting as Watford and Norwich beat Liverpool and Man City respectively in their relegation season.

Also Watford the year they went down finished 19th on 34 points. 

Forest’s escape was similar to Villa a few years ago. They looked out of it then had that luck at the right time.

And look at villa now. They cheated to get up, if they hadn’t have beaten us the parachute payments would’ve ran out and they would’ve been financially f*****, survived by the absolute skin of their teeth, where relegation would again have absolutely f***** them. And now they’re going from strength to strength. 

f****** forest are going to end up doing that aren’t they?

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

And look at villa now. They cheated to get up, if they hadn’t have beaten us the parachute payments would’ve ran out and they would’ve been financially f*****, survived by the absolute skin of their teeth, where relegation would again have absolutely f***** them. And now they’re going from strength to strength. 

We cheated as well. They just cheated better than us. We breached ffp for the period that covered the final and now we're where they would have been if they'd lost to us 

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

We cheated as well. They just cheated better than us. We breached ffp for the period that covered the final and now we're where they would have been if they'd lost to us 

It’s a bit like Tour de France though isn’t it. Everyone cheats. You’ve got to cheat just to keep on a level playing field these days. As you say, some clubs just do it better. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s a bit like Tour de France though isn’t it. Everyone cheats. You’ve got to cheat just to keep on a level playing field these days. As you say, some clubs just do it better. 

Or any athletics competition really. Just got to find one of the cheating methods that is totally fine with the EFL such as transferring failed players to another club we own or using a super agent to get everyone at knock down prices and then we can cheat without fear of repercussions

9 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

They'd already spent them and despite owing 70 million to creditors and having the gates locked in pre season, they didn't sell Grealish and added Abraham. 

6 hours ago, GenBr said:

Only based on retroactive rule changes which resulted in modifications to our P&S figures for each season leading up to 2019. Whilst we would have failed P&S eventually, we wouldn't have failed any season up to and including 18/19 under the rules actually in place.

Clubs were also exempt from punishment for the period ending in 19/20 due to Covid (which we would have failed)

We would have eventually failed by about £9m for the 20/21 period due to the 4 year Covid rules. Remarkably, that would have been the only P&S punishment we would have faced.

In line with the points deduction we actually had, we would have only received 4 or 5 points instead. P&S losses would then have been at manageable levels, with a takeover more likely to occur and administration much less likely to occur too.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Only based on retroactive rule changes which resulted in modifications to our P&S figures for each season leading up to 2019. Whilst we would have failed P&S eventually, we wouldn't have failed any season up to and including 18/19 under the rules actually in place.

Clubs were also exempt from punishment for the period ending in 19/20 due to Covid (which we would have failed)

We would have eventually failed by about £9m for the 20/21 period due to the 4 year Covid rules. Remarkably, that would have been the only P&S punishment we would have faced.

In line with the points deduction we actually had, we would have only received 4 or 5 points instead. P&S losses would then have been at manageable levels, with a takeover more likely to occur and administration much less likely to occur too.

Nah - we cheated and got caught out. We don't have a long list of wealthy Derby millionaires willing to buy us regardless of how much debt we were saddled with. One way or the other Mel was going to take us down the toilet.

On 22/08/2023 at 20:55, GenBr said:

Nah - we cheated and got caught out. We don't have a long list of wealthy Derby millionaires willing to buy us regardless of how much debt we were saddled with. One way or the other Mel was going to take us down the toilet.

So someone goes to the effort of explaining why we didn't cheat, based on facts out there in black and white and your best response is just...nah - we cheated...

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So someone goes to the effort of explaining why we didn't cheat, based on facts out there in black and white and your best response is just...nah - we cheated...

I usually have GoC on block, but i knew he'd come and try and justify our misdemeanours with a boatload of irrelevant statistics, so i had a little look to see what he said. Nothing he said changed the fact that we breached FFP. You can try and twist the sale of the stadium however you like and moan about how much the efl hates us, but we only had to sell it because we spent too much - ie - we cheated. Selling the stadium is just another method of cheating same as selling players to yourself. We knew the ffp limits and still failed to stick to them. Justify it to yourself however you want, but dont try and pretend we're whiter than white.

18 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I usually have GoC on block, but i knew he'd come and try and justify our misdemeanours with a boatload of irrelevant statistics, so i had a little look to see what he said. Nothing he said changed the fact that we breached FFP. You can try and twist the sale of the stadium however you like and moan about how much the efl hates us, but we only had to sell it because we spent too much - ie - we cheated. Selling the stadium is just another method of cheating same as selling players to yourself. We knew the ffp limits and still failed to stick to them. Justify it to yourself however you want, but dont try and pretend we're whiter than white.

If you think selling the stadium to yourself is cheating maybe you should inform the EFL so they can charge all the other clubs that have done it.

47 minutes ago, GenBr said:

So as soon as you've spent too much you've cheated and aren't allowed to sell assets to bring your net expenditure within the limits?

I wonder how many of the other 72 league clubs have also 'cheated' based on this new information emerging?

11 hours ago, GenBr said:

Hmm, definition of cheating = something that is against the rules.

At the time, selling the stadium to yourself was not against the rules. Nor was most of what Mel did. EFL retrospectively changed the rules.

of course we’re not whiter than white, Mel certainly bent rules to the absolute breaking point which is what led the EFL to eventually take action, he was just a little bit too clever. He took the piss.

What he did might have been against the spirit of FFP (just like selling players to your sister club), but it wasn’t technically against the rules. 

And you can see by how many clubs are trying to find loopholes and do the same thing just to keep up that ffp and parachute payments just aren’t fit for purpose. To votos from cycling, you have to take drugs just to stay on a level playing field with everyone else who takes drugs. 

15 hours ago, JfR said:

Say what you will, but Gonzalo Montiel is a statement signing for Forest
By which I mean, they'll soon be putting out a few statements about his off the field matters

"I'm also hungry to win things, to win trophies - now's the time to show this".  I think Montiel must be being poorly advised.

17 hours ago, GenBr said:

There are always going to be things which can be twisted to suit a certain viewpoint. However, here are 2 undeniable facts.

1. We were found not guilty regarding the sale of the stadium, with the EFL's expert witness being laughed out the room.

2. We were not proven to have used an improper amortisation policy. In fact, the independent disciplinary panel agreed with the club, whilst the LAP requested a slight alteration to the policy (or revert to standard practices)

On the second topic. The administrators accepted a penalty to ensure a takeover could go through, as otherwise the EFL's repeated appeals would have resulted in us going out of business long before the lengthy appeals processes would have reached a conclusion.

Here is another fact:

3. After our punishment, the EFL changed the rules to prevent another club using the same amortisation policy as we did.

Obviously, if what we had done was against the rules in the first place, why would the EFL then have to change the rules to ban the method of amortisation?