Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

On 13/06/2023 at 20:13, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t think it really matters as a PL club. No team in the top flight is going to fail FFP and be punished accordingly. It’s a different ball game up there.

The only way it really affects is when Forest go down (and they will at some point) and they can then get around the rules in the Championship where the limits become a lot tighter.

Leicester certainly haven’t benefited a jot since their owners bought a Belgian club.

Chelsea having a good go at it 

hence the max exodus

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

I wonder if his highlights from last season got a showing.

Almost single handedly costing us our place in the top flight..

"I used to be a footballer - no look - I'll prove it to you - please don't leave - I thought you were going to shag me - I'm lonely you know....."

Not been closely following events down the road, it's a little quiet on the transfer front isn't it? 

Wasn't expecting a repeat of the madness from last summer where Fabrizio Romano didn't go a day without mentioning them, thought they would have had a couple through the door to strengthen. 

Haven't seen anyone remotely linked by the big players in the transfer talk on Twitter.

29 minutes ago, David said:

Not been closely following events down the road, it's a little quiet on the transfer front isn't it? 

Wasn't expecting a repeat of the madness from last summer where Fabrizio Romano didn't go a day without mentioning them, thought they would have had a couple through the door to strengthen. 

Haven't seen anyone remotely linked by the big players in the transfer talk on Twitter.

Possible interest in Iheanacho - from the frying pan into the fire?

The extremely overweight owner has probably noticed that Burnley Luton and Sheffield United have been promoted so probably and correctly believes 17th place is guaranteed ( fourth bottom ) so there is no need to do any more spending - he’s probably right as well.

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The extremely overweight owner has probably noticed that Burnley Luton and Sheffield United have been promoted so probably and correctly believes 17th place is guaranteed ( fourth bottom ) so there is no need to do any more spending - he’s probably right as well.

I'll go for Burnley to be above Forest, Luton will be a shock for some a team that doesn't give up, So my 3...to go down...Sheff Untd, Forest and Bournemouth. 

1 minute ago, The Last Post said:

I'll go for Burnley to be above Forest, Luton will be a shock for some a team that doesn't give up, So my 3...to go down...Sheff Untd, Forest and Bournemouth. 

We had that in the championship under Davies and their recruitment looks worse than ours.  I'll be surprised if they get more than 15 points. I think Burnley will make a go of it.  

2 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Luton will take some points at home but they will be destroyed away from home and the referees and VAR will destroy their team with all the off the ball stuff - Sheffield United have no cash flow to spend so they are doomed as well whilst Bournemouth could throw themselves into it due to sacking the manager who did so well and to be honest the premiership will do all it can to be rid of them so yes they are a big contender.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We had that in the championship under Davies and their recruitment looks worse than ours.  I'll be surprised if they get more than 15 points. I think Burnley will make a go of it.  

To be fair, I think it's less a case of their recruitment being bad and more a case of not being able to afford big fees or wages.

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If they have a bit of sense they'll upgrade the ground as much as possible. Portsmouth didn't.  That was a mistake. 

Dunno if it got planning permission yet, but they want to build an entirely new stadium, which i guess is where a lot of their prem money will go

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2023/05/30/luton-town-fc-to-start-new-stadium-befor

Edited by GenBr

41 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Dunno if it got planning permission yet, but they want to build an entirely new stadium, which i guess is where a lot of their prem money will go

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2023/05/30/luton-town-fc-to-start-new-stadium-befor

Wise. Use the money for a long term fix they won't possibly won't get again .  The parachute to remain competitive on relegation.