League 1 | 22/23 Season

Day

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If you mean when we moved the away fans from behind the goal to the position in the corner then that was 2013?  I’m not even sure it was 6k?  
What I was talking about was  constantly limiting numbers during a season depending on who you play?

We used to get 5k at Forest but only 2k now.  I thought we ought to have limited away fans to the minimum 2k but due to segregation issues we’d have just had empty seats that generate no income.

We had just shy of 6k in 2012/13 season.

We don't constantly limit numbers but we are playing you on the final day of the season so why should we allow more of your fans in ahead of our own.

8 hours ago, walkleyowl said:

We had just shy of 6k in 2012/13 season.

That was a one-off, which the club at the time got roundly criticised for. Stop quoting it as if it was your historic entitlement. 

I'm fine with you giving us exactly what we give you. If you give us  less, then I'd recommend we give you even fewer the next time we play you. 

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That was a one-off, which the club at the time got roundly criticised for. Stop quoting it as if it was your historic entitlement. 

I'm fine with you giving us exactly what we give you. If you give us  less, then I'd recommend we give you even fewer the next time we play you. 

We had 5k a few years before too but usuay was 3k.

I agree with reciprocal allocations btw.

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How do they come up with these numbers? Bird and Davies level on pace, shooting, passing, dribbling, defending and physicality... ?‍♂️

They have a bunch of researchers who are basically fans from each club, put all the numbers in and come up with something they believe as being fair.

Think we had one on this forum once, can’t remember who.

A 4 year deal seems at least 2 years too long for Warne. That's a lot of compensation to pay for a financially struggling club.

Up to now I thought Clowes was sensible but this seems bizarre. Only reasoning I can think of is there isn't a huge number of other options and he'd need some sort of reason to drop down the leagues so you've given him a lot of security.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

A 4 year deal seems at least 2 years too long for Warne. That's a lot of compensation to pay for a financially struggling club.

Up to now I thought Clowes was sensible but this seems bizarre. Only reasoning I can think of is there isn't a huge number of other options and he'd need some sort of reason to drop down the leagues so you've given him a lot of security.

There are limits on what we can spend and he already had a job, so we had to attract him somehow.

On 22/09/2022 at 09:15, Augustus said:

Four years isn’t a great deal if the wages paying him and his staff are low.

Warne wouldn’t have been on much at Rotherham. Four years on £8k a week is far less than a three-year deal on £25k a week.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Madness in the Ipswich game. 2-2 going into injury time after Ipswich blew a 2-0 lead. They were 4-2 up at 90+5, only to draw 4-4. Imagine the meltdown on here if that happened to us!

Sounds like it wasn't the only mad thing in that game

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Madness in the Ipswich game. 2-2 going into injury time after Ipswich blew a 2-0 lead. They were 4-2 up at 90+5, only to draw 4-4. Imagine the meltdown on here if that happened to us!

Incidentally, Keogh was subbed in for Ipswich when they were 3-2 up. Make of that what you will.