Some impressive average attendances from League 1

Average Attendance 2021/22

1 Sunderland 31,426

2 Sheffield Wednesday 22,908

3 Ipswich Town 21,779

4 Charlton Athletic 15,592

5 Bolton Wanderers 15,439

6 Portsmouth 15,003

Apparently Sunderland have already sold 20,000 season tickets for next season - which is yet another reason why we need this takeover completed fast

Edited by SamUltraRam

On 10/05/2022 at 11:01, Premier ram said:

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV    How the duck did you come to that conclusion

Well its quite simple … they are lol 

57 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

They have historically bigger attendences

feel free to fact check  

Just have - depends how far we go back. Since moving to Pride Park 1997- . a quick glance says they have averaged over 25k 6 times since then, Derby around 20 times.  The stats also say they were regularly getting less than 15k in the 70s.

On 08/05/2022 at 09:08, Mucker1884 said:

I'm of the understanding that they are the other clubs matchday attendance for their match against us, not specifically our own away following for each match.
I'd imagine most fans would be more eager to go to watch their team play against Wayne Rooney's Derby County than Curly Sue's Boro, for example.

It wouldn't surprise me if Fo*est, for example, have had a bigger away following than us, but then the oppo fans (in the home stands) would be less keen to be in close proximity to our 6 fingered friends, thus saving their ticket money for another day.

Mucker, me owd mucker, why question any stat that puts us top? ?

On 08/05/2022 at 09:08, Mucker1884 said:

I'm of the understanding that they are the other clubs matchday attendance for their match against us, not specifically our own away following for each match.
I'd imagine most fans would be more eager to go to watch their team play against Wayne Rooney's Derby County than Curly Sue's Boro, for example.

It wouldn't surprise me if Fo*est, for example, have had a bigger away following than us, but then the oppo fans (in the home stands) would be less keen to be in close proximity to our 6 fingered friends, thus saving their ticket money for another day.

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Ammy, me owd madman,

I'm not sure I was questioning anything.  Merely explaining, as the odd post suggested there was a little confusion.  ?

PS:
I notice your finishing emoji thing only has one pint.  I got two... one each!  ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2022 at 19:03, Mucker1884 said:

Ammy, me owd madman,

I'm not sure I was questioning anything.  Merely explaining, as the odd post suggested there was a little confusion.  ?

PS:
I notice your finishing emoji thing only has one pint.  I got two... one each!  ? 

We really must have a beer on one of my trips back next season ??

I'd say historically that Wendies are a bigger club than us - more trophies for starters - but since Sheff has always been around 3x the size of Derby, that's only natural. Since the opening of PP however, our attendances have generally exceeded theirs, but that would change if they ever made it back to the PL. 

We punch above our weight, support-wise - the Wendies punch below theirs (like Forest). 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Transfermarkt had them at 41k in 83/84.

European football statistics Co.uk has them at 22,769.

There were 21,792 there when we played them away in April (by which time they were well on their way to finishing runners up to Chelsea (level on points) so you'd expect a decent crowd.

Their biggest crowd was 41,134 (Newcastle) and their smallest 14,544 (Carlisle).

There is an error on Transfermarkt as says their total was only 41,134 that season. In fact, it's littered with errors.

Edited by Tamworthram