Biggest disappointment

dog

25 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Yes, but he was hamstrung by Frank Lampard. Ge actually saw the squad fir the first tome part way into their pre-season tour in America, after all the decent players had already signed elsewhere. All he was left with was a motley assortment of “Oh well, you'll do” types. He didn’t have a chance, and then had some of the squad spiking his work.

We were bottom of the Championship I believe when he was sacked I guess my expectations of Cocu were a lot higher than that.....

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

We were bottom of the Championship I believe when he was sacked I guess my expectations of Cocu were a lot higher than that.....

Ultimatly, it didn't work. I was a believer. But even I had to face it in the end.

Was there a "could've been" or a "should've been" in there? Maybe. But debatable. Was he set up to fail? Perhaps. Did he not help himself at the same time?

On 04/06/2022 at 23:20, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That 4-3 defeat to Everton when Gregory put Foletti in goal for his only game.  Without doubt the worst goalie appearance I've seen in a Derby shirt and if we'd won that one I have no doubt we'd have stayed up. 

That was the first time I took my son to watch the Rams.  He was eight.  Still a Rams fan though. 

Remember turning and seeing the tears in his eyes after the Zamora goal. He was 20 then.  We battered QPR that day. 

Definitely not the biggest disappointment by a long way, but this thread just got me thinking of the time we started to gather the likes of Calero, Bunjaku and Santos in the U21s. It felt like we were starting to develop the "worldwide scouting network" fans had demanded for years, even if Santos was basically from Bristol and Bunjaku from North London. Turns out foreign youngsters can be as totally unremarkable as British youngsters. Who knew? And yet I've continue to expect way more of the likes of Elsnik and Djokaj than is in any way reasonable, and been crushed when they've ended up leaving and doing absolutely nothing anywhere else.

It's probably a legacy of playing too many games of Championship Manager as a kid.

(What was the name of that U21 striker we had who left and ended up doing pretty well? Polish? Swiss? Slovenian? Can't remember...) 

On 06/06/2022 at 10:10, minesahartington said:

Franks Play off team announcement.

Without doubt as its fresh in the memory completely screwed us because he new Chelsea were calling so he had his get out clause ready,would of been more difficult had gone up although i still think he would of left but for a hell of a lot more compensation 

On 05/06/2022 at 20:58, DavesaRam said:

Yes, but he was hamstrung by Mel Morris. Ge actually saw the squad fir the first tome part way into their pre-season tour in America, after all the decent players had already signed elsewhere. All he was left with was a motley assortment of “Oh well, you'll do” types. He didn’t have a chance, and then had some of the squad spiking his work.

corrected for you.